Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sharing a good blind spot mirror

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 20161228_122744.jpg
    20161228_122744.jpg
    443 KB · Views: 338
  • 20161228_122802.jpg
    20161228_122802.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 304
  • 20161228_122809.jpg
    20161228_122809.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 295
  • Funny
Reactions: outie
I don't think I've ever sat in a car that actually has blind spots, if the mirrors are set up properly. Model X is no exception here. I think most people will have no blind spot if the mirrors are properly set. See above post for methods.

Disclaimer: some people are super tall or quite short, their experience may be different.

Reactions: ABC2D
Fouring BL Car Wide Angle Rear View Multi Blind Spot Mirror 3M VHB Tape (Amazon.com: Fouring BL Car Wide Angle Rear View Multi Blind Spot Mirror 3M VHB Tape: Automotive)

Pretty large, good view of blind spots. Can be fixed inside model X. The 3M tape works firmly, but also the bendable tape base makes it easy to remove it.
Thanks for sharing this.

The reason blind spots are an issue for me, despite mirror adjustments, are due to the fact that I end up moving and changing posture throughout my drive.

Reactions: mal_tsla
Leave your rear view camera displayed on the console and glance at it. It shows any car next to at about an 85 degree angle, so by the time it is no longer viewable on the console the car is already right along side of you and you can easily see it out your window.

I adjust my side mirrors out to the blind spot anyway. Most people use their side mirrors as rearview mirrors... Doesn't make sense to me as you already have a rearview mirror.

Another benefit to adjusting your side mirrors out to your blind spot is that people behind you can't blind you with their headlights until they are in your blindspot which is for a short period of time.

• Helpful
Reactions: mal_tsla
I have been driving for over 40 years and as it turns out never really had my side view mirrors adjusted properly. I always had adequate visibility around the car with a head turn - so really didn't need them to be right. The difficult site lines of the X forced me to make sure they were adjusted correctly. What I have learned is that proper adjustment makes a world of difference and I now have zero issues with blind spots. Also because the user profile settings work well and reliably my wife and I share the car and the mirrors are always just the way I like them - this consistency really helps as well.