Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ships arriving Auckland NZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just joined the forum and wanted to post this.

Looking at the ships arriving in Auckland during August reveals that there are 18 vehicle carriers due in. The most promising for carrying Teslas is the Trans Future 6. This vessel arrived yesterday, 31 July at 12:55 and is docked at Jellicoe West wharf.

Its previous ports of call were:
Melbourne 26 July
Port Kembla 24 July
Brisbane 22 July
Yokohama 12 July
I cannot find where it was before Yokohama.

Its next port of call after Auckland is Lyttelton.

The route looks logical to me for the delivery of RHD Teslas to the various local distribution areas in Japan, Australia and NZ.

I cannot find a webcam that points to Jellico wharf so if anyone is in Auckland who can check out what’s on the wharf that would be useful. The Trans Future 6 departs Auckland sometime on 2 August.

If it is the right ship then hopefully my P3D is on board along with those for the rest of you anxiously waiting.

Mike

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
Just joined the forum and wanted to post this.

Looking at the ships arriving in Auckland during August reveals that there are 18 vehicle carriers due in. The most promising for carrying Teslas is the Trans Future 6. This vessel arrived yesterday, 31 July at 12:55 and is docked at Jellicoe West wharf.

Its previous ports of call were:
Melbourne 26 July
Port Kembla 24 July
Brisbane 22 July
Yokohama 12 July
I cannot find where it was before Yokohama.

Its next port of call after Auckland is Lyttelton.

The route looks logical to me for the delivery of RHD Teslas to the various local distribution areas in Japan, Australia and NZ.

I cannot find a webcam that points to Jellico wharf so if anyone is in Auckland who can check out what’s on the wharf that would be useful. The Trans Future 6 departs Auckland sometime on 2 August.

If it is the right ship then hopefully my P3D is on board along with those for the rest of you anxiously waiting.

Mike

There are only 2 possibilities for ships
1. Vehicle carrier from San Francisco pier 80 - None have been for AU or NZ yet. This is the dedicated Tesla loading facility
2. Container ships. Every Tesla has been transported this way so far. They leave from Oakland weekly. 4 per container.
The 3 Demo/Press Model 3s spotted in Auckland came this way.

Here is the tracking spreadsheet Public - Google Drive

#Model3NZ on Twitter is becoming good to track also, and has some photos of what has been spotted so far