Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Squeeze it

I guess there are plenty of shorters that have made money on TSLA actually. Im then speaking of thoose shorts that are short in short term.("smart ones")

Atm I think there is building up with shorts, hoping for the downward trend to 148 or something. Shorts seem to be all over it now. If we get an upward trend tho, I think it can go really high, really fast with plenty of short that needs to cover. IMO the short shorts havent covered after 173.

Would be fun with some good news next couple of days...

Well its in a stable range aswell, might be buyers coming in also.

Yes, I think IF it can hold here for one more day more lots of buyers will come in and a decent amount of shorts are going to give up (short term) sending the stock ^^. Then of course the shorts will reenter because the higher TSLA is the better the short it is (duh, right?). Rinse, Wash, Repeat.

Well its in a stable range aswell, might be buyers coming in also.

True. Whatever the initial impulse might be, squeezing them is so much fun... I am wondering how many real expensive EVs from the company with perpetual bubble valuations they put in driveways all around North America (Europe to follow). Mine, for one, was paid by them.

WSJ: Research Report on Tesla, Ford, General Motors, Toyota, and Tata Motors

http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20130829-907829.html

Specifically for the Tesla Report only:
http://www.AnalystsCorner.com/r/full_research_report/4e6f_TSLA

Does anyone have access to this? Is it free? Is it even important?

One of the most pointless reports I have ever spent my time looking at. They look at income from last year. They don't discuss recent acheivements, production, quality, management, or even mention the crazy increase in share price.
really nothing inside.

Yes, I think IF it can hold here for one more day more lots of buyers will come in and a decent amount of shorts are going to give up (short term) sending the stock ^^. Then of course the shorts will reenter because the higher TSLA is the better the short it is (duh, right?). Rinse, Wash, Repeat.

So it's better then if it stays "stuck" at 63-68 for today yet? Short term I'm hoping for a break one direction or the other.

The theory is then that if we can hold this price range for 4 days and since there are no more short shares available the stock is going to be forced to head one direction or the other? And that direction is most likely up since the shorts are "all in" at this point? I'm just trying to understand how you come to these conclusions.

So it's better then if it stays "stuck" at 63-68 for today yet? Short term I'm hoping for a break one direction or the other.

The theory is then that if we can hold this price range for 4 days and since there are no more short shares available the stock is going to be forced to head one direction or the other? And that direction is most likely up since the shorts are "all in" at this point? I'm just trying to understand how you come to these conclusions.

It is taking forever to get back up and pass yesterday's close. If I stuck a little bit longer, I would've been in the green due to this morning's opening dive. But I think there's another chance to dump and re-enter low again. Unless we get good news...

Last edited:
I'm actually really happy the way things are going. Seems like a very solid base at the $164 level. Huge volume this morning, as usual, which took us down to $162, but we popped right back up as we've been doing. Not sure why though. Any ideas? Like the rest of you, noticed this the past few days so yesterday I actually felt pretty confident to make some big moves and am excited to see how things will play out the next few days/weeks. Really hoping for some good news.

And as I'm typing this we're breaking $167.50 :)

I agree that its been a solid performer this week. You'd think after Mondays reversal and the whole market rolling over on Tuesday it would be the perfect time for many longs to want to sell due to macro fears (Syria, Septaper, etc). You'd think a name like TSLA which is up 392% YTD would be the first name to be sold if someone wanted to take profits and reduce some risk.

With the volumes as high as they've been my guess is that perhaps many longs were getting out and the shorts saw this as a chance to double up on their side but the other, more powerful side, was probably some heavy hitters coming in for the long run which of course is great. What ever the scenario, TSLA looks like one of the strongest names in the market this week.

Agreed

Any thoughts out there for tomorrow's action? Here are mine

With the lack of any news on either side I see the stock doing a similar pattern as today. I would expect Friday to end some where right around the 165 mark (if not on it) for weekly Options expiration. (Some small good Tesla news release could see us push to weekly finish at $170)

Last edited:

I'm sticking to my story I spinned this morning, but will alter it to say that there may be OPEX tomorrow, thus putting pause on the upward momentum until next week.

Disclaimer: I really don't know but this is my story and I'm sticking with it!

As always it will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings. My guess is we will se more of this mid 60s bouncing around, then next week after the break we will be ready to test the 70s again. Any little news from Tesla will obviously help. IMO we will never really see a big pullback, at least one that lasts any period of time. Anybody who isn't comfortable buying at these levels are just waiting for any little dip to get in on the action. I can't be the only one who has sold, then immediately wanted to get back in at any chance I can get. The trend seems to be news that sends it higher, minor profit taking, stabilizing at the new level, and repeat. right now we are at the stabilizing point.

In other news I have now officially made my first sighting of a Model S on the city streets in Bergen, Norway. So the car has now officially trickled its way to West Norway. Any of you own it, by any chance? It was by Grieghallen at 23:45 tonight ;) Seemed to be white, with red license plates. Didn't get a very close look since I was stuck at the red light.

As always it will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings. My guess is we will se more of this mid 60s bouncing around, then next week after the break we will be ready to test the 70s again. Any little news from Tesla will obviously help. IMO we will never really see a big pullback, at least one that lasts any period of time. Anybody who isn't comfortable buying at these levels are just waiting for any little dip to get in on the action. I can't be the only one who has sold, then immediately wanted to get back in at any chance I can get. The trend seems to be news that sends it higher, minor profit taking, stabilizing at the new level, and repeat. right now we are at the stabilizing point.

Individual investors and traders create the wiggles in the stock chart, but the overall level will be determined by the institutional investors who control most of the floating shares. Alot of people think the stock is overvalued, but what really matters is what the institutions think. It helps for the moment that we have closed above 161.88 for the fourth time out of 20 needed to convert the notes issued at the secondary stock offering, so some institutional investors have reason to hold their stock. If we get to 20 days above 161.88 (first day possible would be 9/22) then we might find out what institutional investors really think.

Status
Not open for further replies.