Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To our Chartists, it is time to update your charts! Where are we in the channel? Definitely above the medium line, right? How close is it to the top boundary? Will this thing run to $195 before retreating? Incredible stock! ATH one after another.

Indeed I think most of us are spoiled. Nobody get excited for another ATH.

The best thing with TSLA is there is a lot more people on the side line waiting for a 5% or 10% to get in. This effectively provide the protection for the current share holders.

To our Chartists, it is time to update your charts! Where are we in the channel? Definitely above the medium line, right? How close is it to the top boundary? Will this thing run to $195 before retreating? Incredible stock! ATH one after another.

I think the best thing with TSLA there a lot more people on the side line waiting for a 5% or 10% to get in. This effectively provide the protection for the current share holders.

Totally agree on the protection.... I know I am waiting for a chance to pick up some more pre Q3.

Totally agree on the protection.... I know I am waiting for a chance to pick up some more pre Q3.

For this reason, buying put is not an effective way of protection. Unless you perfectly time it, the put will expire worthless since most people jump at every 10% correction as once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Back in May, I urge people to grab shares if it did drop below $100:

29 May, 08:18 PM

"I can state quite confidently that if we see sub $100 prices in the next two months, treat that as once in a life time opportunity and grab as mush shares as possible. "

Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA): Tesla Is Not A Fundamental Investment - Seeking Alpha

Now more people has that kind of mentality.

I do buy quite a lot of put though, but for a different purpose. Anyone can guess what it is?

For this reason, buying put is not an effective way of protection. Unless you perfectly time it, the put will expire worthless since most people jump at every 10% correction as once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Back in May, I urge people to grab shares if it did drop below $100:

29 May, 08:18 PM

"I can state quite confidently that if we see sub $100 prices in the next two months, treat that as once in a life time opportunity and grab as mush shares as possible. "

Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA): Tesla Is Not A Fundamental Investment - Seeking Alpha

Now more people has that kind of mentality.

I do buy quite a lot of put though, but for a different purpose. Anyone can guess what it is?

to form a bull put spread for a credit?

The best thing with TSLA is there is a lot more people on the side line waiting for a 5% or 10% to get in. This effectively provide the protection for the current share holders.

+100
I couldnt agree more. So many people are waiting for a pull back, even just a few dollars of a pullback to buy some. All the people out there that want a piece of TSLA but are scared off by a possible correction the shorts keep saying will happen so they wait for it to buy. The funny thing is the shorts are screwing themselves over with their FUD because of this, hahah.
As a result, this stock I doubt will go down more than 5-10 dollars for more than one day anytime soon...instead I think it steadily rises from here with minor intraday pullbacks every so often...intraday meaning it could go down 5 dollars in the morning and end up slightly positive by the end of the day, etc.

there are still a lot of investors in Europe learning about this car and let's not forge China and Asia after that. Many of these investors don't care about "valuation" when it comes to such an innovative growth technology company like this and will buy it up no matter what price it's at.

As long as Tesla keeps beating earnings estimates each quarter TSLA will keep going higher like NFLX and AMZN......There's always high-quality investors waiting to buy high-quality companies at various points in their growth story. The only dilemma everyone faces is: Not buying enough! :)

Hi folks. I've been playing whack-a-troll at Seeking Alpha using info from this forum and elsewhere. I haven't had much to contribute here, but now I have a question.

there are still a lot of investors in Europe learning about this car and let's not forge China and Asia after that. Many of these investors don't care about "valuation" when it comes to such an innovative growth technology company like this and will buy it up no matter what price it's at.

TSLAopt, I hope you're right, but what makes you say this? Intuition? Any hard data?

Myself, I think it's fine to care about Tesla's valuation, as long as one estimates it correctly. If one does that, it is likely still undervalued.

Hi folks. I've been playing whack-a-troll at Seeking Alpha using info from this forum and elsewhere. I haven't had much to contribute here, but now I have a question.

TSLAopt, I hope you're right, but what makes you say this? Intuition? Any hard data?

Myself, I think it's fine to care about Tesla's valuation, as long as one estimates it correctly. If one does that, it is likely still undervalued.

Good question, intuition is the answer. Intuition is what lead me to buy LEAPs in the 20s and buy more in the 50s and even a little more on the GS dip to 108. So far it's been right and I'm still planning to hold for a long time (options and exercised shares) to come because my intuition says that the TSLA mania hasn't even gotten started really in Europe yet and is just a twinkle in the eyes of Asia right now.
I think there are a lot of retail investors out there that don't even know what 'valuation' means that will want a piece of this to help drive the price up over the next 6-12 months too.

intuition also tells me that what Sleepy and DaveT say on this board makes most sense in terms of long term valuation when the earnings/revenue will eventually grow into the stock price valuation 5-10 years from now. Will there ever be a sudden correction (ie. 10-20% drop)? Sure...it could be coming up soon but it may not be until the price goes to 500 next year sometime and "corrects" down to 400...I'm sure there will be shorts like Citron then saying "I told you so" then too.

Do you think any of the raise right now is for an expected huge earnings beat?

I was going to bet big on earnings, but now I am not so sure. TSLA is so weird right now.

Volume hasn't even hit 4 million shares. In the past, breaking highs like this preceded some correction and consolidation right?

Status
Not open for further replies.