Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin, I think that this is a general risk-off trade in the markets happening right now. All of the high flyer stocks are selling off for no apparent reason other than a short-term sentiment change.

I am buying up different options at these levels; I am ready to buy more on Monday if this keeps going down. But every time you wait for a pullback to buy in and then when you finally get one, people tend to get greedy and then wait for it to go down even more. I don't wait for that second potential pullback on Monday. I buy in on the first one like today or yesterday.

Shake out all of the weak longs and then we are poised for a run up.

I even bought some TSLA Oct. $170's just a few minutes ago. I am banking on a strong finish to this day and week. IMO if people were waiting on the sidelines to get in, they are going to want to buy now that TSLA is weak. I wouldn't be waiting till Monday because a lot can change over the weekend. That is my theory at least and that is why I expect a strong finish in the last two hours.

Since it has been a down week for TSLA, there is no profit taking. I think it is time to position yourself for next week in case TSLA starts going up.

Just my opinion on short-term movements. But if the market sentiment goes into risk-off mode again next week, then I am prepared to buy more.
did you feel strong enough to get more than 2 shares?

An easy suggestion, particularly to Kevin and Julian and any others who post on Investnaire is to consider posting links of your pro-TSLA/Tesla articles on Yahoo Finance under TSLA ticker or any other sites readers can comment for the articles that we are refuting. It's sure to get attention (hopefully not deleted if provided in a professional manner) and picked up by the media for an article or publicity of Investnaire and our work...

Example: Put your professional comment with the link on the following article:

Elon Musk: Tesla's stock price is higher than we deserve - Oct. 25, 2013

Kevin, I think that this is a general risk-off trade in the markets happening right now. All of the high flyer stocks are selling off for no apparent reason other than a short-term sentiment change.

I am buying up different options at these levels; I am ready to buy more on Monday if this keeps going down. But every time you wait for a pullback to buy in and then when you finally get one, people tend to get greedy and then wait for it to go down even more. I don't wait for that second potential pullback on Monday. I buy in on the first one like today or yesterday.

Shake out all of the weak longs and then we are poised for a run up.

I even bought some TSLA Oct. $170's just a few minutes ago. I am banking on a strong finish to this day and week. IMO if people were waiting on the sidelines to get in, they are going to want to buy now that TSLA is weak. I wouldn't be waiting till Monday because a lot can change over the weekend. That is my theory at least and that is why I expect a strong finish in the last two hours.

Since it has been a down week for TSLA, there is no profit taking. I think it is time to position yourself for next week in case TSLA starts going up.

Just my opinion on short-term movements. But if the market sentiment goes into risk-off mode again next week, then I am prepared to buy more.

nice trade on the oct weeklys

i hate the comparison to amazon. yes both are up in price and both rapidly expanding but that is where the comparison ends. tesla offers something others don"t (a unique car) amazon is just another reatail outlet. tesla also is generating a profit while expanding, amazon consistently loses money every quarter. tesla has an extremely high margin on each car, amazon has almost no margin to speak of.

Really? I am completely fine with the comparison to Amazon.

Screen Shot 2013-10-25 at 11.28.22 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-25 at 11.26.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-25 at 11.26.51 AM.png
    77.3 KB · Views: 630
Too many threads, but as I wrote in the other one I cashed out at a 50% gain. Decided not to get greedy and boy did I get lucky. I still think that TSLA will finish strong but I am not as sure anymore.
Yep, the idea sounded good, but as with options can be, my timing was too late. I'm looking likely to lose 100% of the $1000 in lottery tickets I bought just by virtue of probably being 30 minutes later. Plus I had a meeting just get scheduled for the last hour of trading so I can't watch the stock.

A Google street view car was spotted mere minutes away from their headquarters?!

As much as these rumors would be great for the stock and such, I wouldn't read much into this. Could be anything and Elon has already stated that he wants to go a different direction with lidar/cameras.

I don't think it would even be partnering. The guys at Google would throw whatever money is legally and within reason to Elon. I think it was Larry Page that said that if he were to die he'd leave Elon all his money.

I did a quick search and could not find it. Do we have a separate thread for this topic. Seems it does not belong here as a conversation, but just as a news item. Probably not going to effect the short term price very much.

I did a quick search and could not find it. Do we have a separate thread for this topic. Seems it does not belong here as a conversation, but just as a news item. Probably not going to effect the short term price very much.

It was a response to the partnership with Google comment. It reflects investor faith and setiment. It's not written. It was from the Stanford Interview with Steve Jurvetson asking Elon questions a few weeks back.

A Google street view car was spotted mere minutes away from their headquarters?!

As much as these rumors would be great for the stock and such, I wouldn't read much into this. Could be anything and Elon has already stated that he wants to go a different direction with lidar/cameras.

That's not a street view car. it's an actual self-driving prototype. I think reading a lot into this is actually pretty warranted. An announcement regarding a possible collaboration would be MAJOR news and would send BOTH stocks to the stars.

It was a response to the partnership with Google comment. It reflects investor faith and setiment. It's not written. It was from the Stanford Interview with Steve Jurvetson asking Elon questions a few weeks back.

I realize that. I was looking to post some commentary about the Google self driving car parked in the Tesla lot. I cannot find a thread specific to this discussion and I do not feel that this is the appropriate location for this discussion. Can you point me to a thread where we are discussing Google's potential partnership with Tesla on the self driving car project.

http://www.minyanville.com/mvpremiu...s/?camp=syndication&medium=portals&from=yahoo

Doesn't anyone feel this has any merit? I don't believe that technical patterns always determine that fate of stocks, but it does seem like a legitimate possibility if earnings don't perform well.

I think from a chartists POV, IF it dips from this point will give them a reason to call the H&S pattern the reason why it happened. Otherwise Q3 will be the catalyst for either a move up or down, not the H&S pattern. Plus the right shoulder hasn't really formed.

Amazon continues to change the way the world does business, in online fulfillment, and in many retail areas. Tesla is just another car manufacturer.

Au contraire. Tesla continues to change the way the world gets around, in emissions-free vehicles, and with how cars are sold, and with a growing worldwide network of free charging stations. Tesla is the farthest thing from another car manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.