Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's all over the place with this interview, which is okay, but I would have better liked a very good discussion and clarification on the fires. It could absolutely be a strategy to just talk it over briefly, run the "stats" and stay true to the view that Tesla is the safest car period.

Double the speed is FOUR times the kinetic energy. So at 60mph v 120mph it's FOUR times the energy. Mass X velocity squared

Hmm, that would explain why the discrepancy between 35mph and 30 (35mph x4 would be higher than the top speed of the Model S, ha). So, in that case, I think cars are tested at 35mph by the NHTSA, which means then that the car was going 70mph. Ish.

Unless he was talking about some sort of survivability guidelines at a higher mph than that? Isn't there some sort of threshold at 50?

Regardless it sounds like the car was going at least 70 around the roundabout, so that's a good ballpark to think about.

I think Elon did GREAT.

Kudos to Andrew for asking the tough questions first.

He had to be sensitive about the 2nd fire (Mexican drunk driver doing 90mph) but ultimately if the car ends up on fire after a massive driver error - and after everyone has gotten out - no-one should be alarmed.

He rightly slammed whoever it is who is relaying George Clooney's 2008 comments. Hopefully we will never hear about again.

He said the stock is now a good value, which will stop those that like to continue to relay his "higher than we have a right to deserve" comments from when it was much higher.

(honestly he continues to say a lot too much about the stock, perhaps from now on he will say stuff like "oh, it's impossible to second guess what's going on in the minds of investors, I'd better let them decide what the stock is worth and leave it at that!")

(honestly he continues to say a lot too much about the stock, perhaps from now on he will say stuff like "oh, it's impossible to second guess what's going on in the minds of investors, I'd better let them decide what the stock is worth and leave it at that!")

Word. And it would be easy for him to do since I honestly believe he doesn't really care much about the current stock price and the short-term moves.

Cnbc Stream | Cnbc live | Cnbc live stream | Cnbc Live Streaming | Shows Corner

Not doing great in the intervue so far IMO. Talking the pseudo-statistics about number of fires v.s. "gasoline cars" which is bad statistics and poor comparisons. These are new cars on the road, please compare to new A7 or 5/7-class BMW etc. Hope he gets to talk tech, that's where he shines.

I don't think there is a point in comparing to new cars only. A question could be whether the statistics would be different for older batteries, but I don't know of any reason to think so. Otherwise I think there is nothing wrong with the statistics in the blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.