Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume you are referring to the boatload of margin calls that shorts will be receiving after the close today. Those shorts hoping to avoid the bottleneck at the opening tomorrow, indeed must try cover their positions during the final hour today. I hope no one here plans to provide the shares that the shorts desperately need to buy today, tomorrow or Monday. A short usually has two business days to comply with a margin call, and most of those calls will be going out this evening.

Yeah this is the first round and beginning of the tsunami. I'm absolutely certain this thing will continue to climb over the next week well into the $90's is my guess. I've been all over the options board today buying and selling and laughing my way to the bank. Me shares is me gold though and sitting at my side.

I think the keyword he said was RECHARGE... which means filling up the battery from empty to full in my opinion so any swapping, or range extending engines of whatever fuel etc. don't seem to cut it right?

Here is the applicable regulation from California.

The “fast refueling capability” requirement for a
2009 and subsequentthrough 2017 model year Type III, IV, or V ZEV in
sectionsubdivision 1962(d)(5)(A) will be considered met if the Type III ZEV has the
capability to accumulate at least 95 miles of UDDS range in 10 minutes or less and the
Type IV or V ZEV has the capability to accumulate at least 190 or 285 miles,
respectively, in 15 minutes or less.

The Model S is likely considered a Type IV, though it is clear they were attempting to design to the Type V standard. Go back and look at the original promises for SuperCharging. My recollection is that the current SuperCharger specs are something like half of what was expected. There has always been speculation that the Model S started production with a crippled SuperCharging capability because the required validations had not been completed.

Here is the applicable regulation from California.

The “fast refueling capability” requirement for a
2009 and subsequentthrough 2017 model year Type III, IV, or V ZEV in
sectionsubdivision 1962(d)(5)(A) will be considered met if the Type III ZEV has the
capability to accumulate at least 95 miles of UDDS range in 10 minutes or less and the
Type IV or V ZEV has the capability to accumulate at least 190 or 285 miles,
respectively, in 15 minutes or less.

The Model S is likely considered a Type IV, though it is clear they were attempting to design to the Type V standard. Go back and look at the original promises for SuperCharging. My recollection is that the current SuperCharger specs are something like half of what was expected. There has always been speculation that the Model S started production with a crippled SuperCharging capability because the required validations had not been completed.

This is interesting indeed. But what can we expect according to you?

Profit taking.

Guilty…couldn’t take it ---sold 100 @ 75 to continue my "small lot sell ladder” up the backs of the shorts:tongue: I now have my 1000 share core position after selling my 1000 speculation shares. This strategy is well on the the way to paying for my Sig….thanks shorts! I’m on the record for predicting 100 next week…it will be hard not to sell some/all of the core with an eye to buy back at 40-50 after the short squeeze (it won’t last forever) ????? What a ride (the car and the stock :love:).

Status
Not open for further replies.