Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is the short term thread, but it has pretty much convinced me to be 100% long. Sold 10% of my shares at 44, then agonized before buying them back at 56, then sold them again at $88, and I'm probably gonna be buying them back in the 90s now. This 10% has caused me many times more stress than the other 90% and I'm losing money on it. It's psychologically difficult to buy shares back at a higher amount and also to buy shares at 3x what you initially paid for them, but I have to get over that or it will prevent future gains. What I'm going to do is to stop selling and I'll just buy on dips, if it ever really dips again.

Last edited:
I was gone for a couple of days, did I miss anything? Thought there might be something wrong w my iPad, the little green numbers had turned red. Seems to have fixed itself.

But seriously, you guys are my edu-tainment, just read two days of posts, which in this case was like 30 pages! Finally had to do some catch-up at work today (been thinking "who needs a job when your TSLA makes thou$and$ every single day!!)

thinking it would bounce off $85 I set a sell order a few cents lower. It did bounce off, right before gaining another 10% ! (This was Monday) So I did what I said I wouldn't -relieve, although only very slightly, the short's pain- in order to do something I said I would -pay for my X res. w my TSLA (man, that was easy). About five minutes later, I read a post on another thread, (couldn't find it again tonight, take credit if it was you) about Microsoft employees joking about their $100k snowblowers because they sold $5k stock to buy fancy snowblowers, then it gained 20X over a couple of years. Got me thinking about my potential $100k reservation.
Thing is, I haven't taken the cash out of my brokerage acct yet, so if I does get back near $80 anytime soon, I think I'll just buy back in. Still have a good long position, so I'm super happy either way! Thanks All! Thanks Elon! ML

I was gone for a couple of days, did I miss anything? Thought there might be something wrong w my iPad, the little green numbers had turned red. Seems to have fixed itself.

But seriously, you guys are my edu-tainment, just read two days of posts, which in this case was like 30 pages! Finally had to do some catch-up at work today (been thinking "who needs a job when your TSLA makes thou$and$ every single day!!)

thinking it would bounce off $85 I set a sell order a few cents lower. It did bounce off, right before gaining another 10% ! (This was Monday) So I did what I said I wouldn't -relieve, although only very slightly, the short's pain- in order to do something I said I would -pay for my X res. w my TSLA (man, that was easy). About five minutes later, I read a post on another thread, (couldn't find it again tonight, take credit if it was you) about Microsoft employees joking about their $100k snowblowers because they sold $5k stock to buy fancy snowblowers, then it gained 20X over a couple of years. Got me thinking about my potential $100k reservation.
Thing is, I haven't taken the cash out of my brokerage acct yet, so if I does get back near $80 anytime soon, I think I'll just buy back in. Still have a good long position, so I'm super happy either way! Thanks All! Thanks Elon! ML

Microsoft.... That is why I decided to buy and hold TSLA. I ended up with a $3 million dollar Jaguar that got totaled.

I couldn't see a computer on every desk back then. I can see a Tesla in every garage now.

Same here only appl. I almost bought just 500 shares in the late 90's when it was $11! Before all the splits! When people would ask me last year why I was investing in tsla I would tell them that story and say I'm not making that mistake again. Just yesterday one of those friends told me "woulda, shoulda, coulda", to which I replied its not too late.

Last edited:
typically releasing more stock will drive the price down correct? If so why are we seeing a rise in pre trading?

Because it would seem that this move, with it's structuring, makes for a cash inflow right now which will be used to pay off the DOE loan with cash to spare while at the same time delaying the dilution into the future, where Tesla is hopefully a lot bigger and more profitable and hence the dilution will be a lot easier on the stock holders. In the big scheme of thigs: Genious move.

@ Majerus: my 2 cents: the stock offering is set up to minimize dilution, follow that with all the positive news of paying off the DOE loan, etc, add the fact that the CEO is putting in 100,000,000, contributing a healthy dose of confidence in the future of the company, and then combine this with terrified shorts running for cover, while eager new longs are lining up to buy .... and you have a lot of lift!

Status
Not open for further replies.