Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice the sideways saw tooth pattern since 10:30 EST... Same thing happened yesterday.

Heres my question: Is some "big boy" accumulating or distributing stock? Yesterday it turned into a descending triangle and resolved to the upside. Definitely seems to me that someone is controlling the range during the middle of the day (to work in their order book within this narrow range).

Thoughts? Accum or distribution?

Tomorrow there are about 35,000 in-the-money call options expiring. This means 3.5M shares. This is about 10-15% of daily volume. I have no idea how to evaluate whether this will be a positive or negative for the stock price; I can think of reasons in both directions. Any more informed opinions?

Tomorrow there are about 35,000 in-the-money call options expiring. This means 3.5M shares. This is about 10-15% of daily volume. I have no idea how to evaluate whether this will be a positive or negative for the stock price; I can think of reasons in both directions. Any more informed opinions?

It is anyone's guess - I would guess slightly positive. My hypothesis is that many shares called will cover short positions and therefore not hit the market. On the other hand, we may have writers of covered calls looking to buy after having had their shares called away from them.

I'm not very familiar with how to tell the difference, but these 7-10 percent jumps seem more like new buyers coming in, and maybe some short covering blips due to margin calls, rather than a short squeeze. Is there a way to see how short interest has changed over the past week?

Status
Not open for further replies.