Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping the DOE loan payoff announcement happens today (per Elon's twitter). I think it'll pop the stock. How much is the question in my mind. Thoughts?

currently right at $90. Nice to see. Ideally firm support around 90 would be great for a run to $100 in the coming weeks. How sweet would that be?!

I'm hoping the DOE loan payoff announcement happens today (per Elon's twitter). I think it'll pop the stock. How much is the question in my mind. Thoughts?

I'm sure this is mostly priced in. The media coverage will be good for Tesla, but the stock won't reflect that immediately. Everyone here needs to remember that the stock market prices based on future events. Not what is going on today.

You all are funny asking about every little blip up and down.

Welcome to the forum, where everything (door handles, carpet, headroom, stock fluctuations, supercharger locations, and so on) are analyzed beyond any reasonable person's ability to comprehend.

On the other hand, that same tendency has made news - especially in the investors' subforum. Number of cars delivered, reservations taken, predicting what is about to happen with new offerings ... and TMC cited as the source by some major news outlets. (Props to you guys for all that!)

I'm sure this is mostly priced in. The media coverage will be good for Tesla, but the stock won't reflect that immediately. Everyone here needs to remember that the stock market prices based on future events. Not what is going on today.

My thinking is that TM will also say something special. Some type of zinger that is unexpected but somewhat related. Even a hint of accelerating production plans would make the price surge. There's clearly a reason they felt the need to delay SC announcement and maximize the loan payoff announcement.

I'd guess Musk is just like you on this. He's a big believer and killing the shorts and raising the company valuation.

This will likely be the history/story of TSLA, and how it ultimately gets to $500/share (plus earnings of course), but the shorts will eventually learn to not bet against Elon Musk, but I expect that lesson to cost them several billion more dollars.

This will likely be the history/story of TSLA, and how it ultimately gets to $500/share (plus earnings of course), but the shorts will eventually learn to not bet against Elon Musk, but I expect that lesson to cost them several billion more dollars.
The conversion of shorts into buyers will be the break out point. Once they see that Musk won't quit they will then buy in and push it higher

They will only be buying as their "short" position starts to get away from them, and, the stock they are "buying" is so they can return the share they borrowed when they sold it (before they owned it), so they are not really "investors" are they...

Unless they realize their foolishness and go "I'll take ten thousand shares to cover and another ten thousand to go (long)".

Status
Not open for further replies.