Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am guilty of posting the thought that this board might have an influence on the direction the stock price is taking. I made that observation after the sudden reversal in yesterday's price direction after CitizenT brought everyone back down to earth with his post. I agree it may be coincidence but is the idea really that far fetched?

I have noticed anytime there is big movement in the stock, this thread gets a lot of guest users, in the hundreds. What brings them to this site at that very moment? I know a 100 guests equals 200 eyeballs, but that is a snapshot in time. Five minutes later, they could be the eyeballs of 100 new guests, it can equate to quite a few over the course of a trading day. Maybe a good portion of them are looking to make a decision on trading a few thousand shares? It could add up, that's all I'm saying.

I agree just stay bullish and lets not bring up our powers again ... I don't want the SEC to get involved :)

No megapost today. I need time and space to think about my trades.

But I will say TSLA's strength was very impressive today in midst of a market sell-off. It seems like shorts want to pull the stock down under 160, and longs want to push the stock above 170. The 160s appear to be a very unsettling place where there's a fierce battle going on. High volume, and lots at stake.

We'll see how tomorrow unfolds.

I'm curious if you went through with buying at $167-168 as you previously laid out your mega analysis.

View attachment 29362

You know you should get out of the advice biz when you don't follow your own advice. I have been suggesting that the right play is to just trust a relentless trend upward over a few weeks. But Monday I freaked right out and figured it was too much too soon and closed my calls near the top (great timing) and bought less again this morning. But it look how nicely things are going in the same little relentless channel. It now seems like that 172 gap will be filled soon enough without all the stress.

Well, if it comforts you, I did. And I had some 3-4 baggers :)

so it is getting slightly longer...I'm guessing the hype for this car will continue to grow and the waits will get increasingly longer despite their increases in production...ultimately it will cause the stock price to further inflate as the hype for this car goes viral globally....right now it's just on CNBC but soon the hype for this car will catch everywhere in the world pushing the stock insanely higher...I'm tempted to buy a ton of OTM options (ie. 200 or 220 strikes) again for December or March to see if I can get another 10 bagger+...I would say chances are 25-50% which is pretty good odds for a 10 bagger

I was thinking somewhat the same, MAR $200s. I wasn't going to buy a ton though, just some to complement my LEAPs. I'm relatively thin right now after selling too much on Friday. After Monday and Tuesday I feel silly now and feel like I need to get back in. Maybe I'll buy some March deep OTM puts for market crash protection along with this plan...

Hello fellow Teslarians! Warm greetings from Hong Kong! :)

First of all, before you start reading my long post, please excuse my English as it is not my first language :)

My buddy who is a sport car fanatic asked me to join him for a test drive in the Tesla Model S here in Hong Kong last month and I absolutely loved experience! In fact, my affection for the car was so great that I could not resist the temptation to join my buddy as one of the first 'official' owners of the Model S in Hong Kong (we know of a few proud Hong Kong's Tesla Model S owners who did not have the patient to wait until the official launch and have imported the car into the city already). I spent the subsequent week cajoling my wife to allow me to sell one of our 2 family cars and replace it with the Model S as our we only have 2 car parks in our apartment building. In case, you guys are not aware of, real estate is extremely expensive in Hong Kong and car parks (both commercial and residential) often command astronomical prices (costing USD $200,000 - $400,000 per car park). After a lot of pestering my wife gave in, I placed my deposit with Tesla Hong Kong, and now I am anxiously waiting for the official launch.

Since investing/stock is also another huge passion of mine (as with perhaps more than 50% of the adult Hong Kong population! from professional local investors to stay at home moms and even restaurants chefs and street cleaners….virtually everyone in Hong Kong has a brokerage account to invest or trade), I took a keen interest on TSLA.

I started with a smaller stake at the end of July, added some more at the beginning of August and then made my last purchase during the dip to $135-140 two weeks ago. My average cost is just above $130 and my ~25% gain in just 1 month is more than enough to cover the deposit I have paid for the Model S. Thanks Elon! :)

I have been an avid reader of the forum and particularly this investor thread over the past month and I cannot express enough gratitude towards its many contributors (Kurt, Austin, Dave etc…) for their invaluable posts that helped guide me in my TSLA investment. Thanks guys!

I very seriously doubt it for many reasons.

* Tesla (Elon) has spoken many times about 3-4 years, so we're looking at 2016 at the earliest.
* They haven't even got the X out of design stage yet. Elon's said most of his time is being spent on the X design at this point.
* In several interviews, Elon has talked about needing a few years of battery improvements to meet the E's range goals.
* In at least one interview, Elon talked about needing around a billion dollars to fund the E and being able to do that from S/X profits.

There's just no way. Not enough time, not enough people, not enough money, and not enough batteries to "fast track" it.
There is a current market cap of ~18-20 Billion....there is plenty of leverage that the TSLA could get from banks for the build out. That is why there is not going to be another stock offering which pisses the shorts off!

I am guilty of posting the thought that this board might have an influence on the direction the stock price is taking. I made that observation after the sudden reversal in yesterday's price direction after CitizenT brought everyone back down to earth with his post. I agree it may be coincidence but is the idea really that far fetched?

I have noticed anytime there is big movement in the stock, this thread gets a lot of guest users, in the hundreds. What brings them to this site at that very moment? I know a 100 guests equals 200 eyeballs, but that is a snapshot in time. Five minutes later, they could be the eyeballs of 100 new guests, it can equate to quite a few over the course of a trading day. Maybe a good portion of them are looking to make a decision on trading a few thousand shares? It could add up, that's all I'm saying.

I am far from the smartest person on this forum, but my thinking is that if I am a fund manager or analysts that covers tech companies or auto companies I am definitely checking out a thread like this one on/off and gauging sentiment from people who are heavily vested in the health of TM and the movements of TSLA.

I am far from the smartest person on this forum, but my thinking is that if I am a fund manager or analysts that covers tech companies or auto companies I am definitely checking out a thread like this one on/off and gauging sentiment from people who are heavily vested in the health of TM and the movements of TSLA.

No. Not how those guys operate. Many of them won't look at anything other than a chart. The ones that really care about fundamentals will be on the phone with management and visiting the factory.

Trust me. We hear on the forums do 1000x as much research to inform our investment decisions as most people that are investing/trading TSLA. That includes the fund managers.

Looks like TSLA is getting a pullback correction. Hoping for $161 entry. I almost ended up re-entering $168.50 today in pre-market, but this little dip is going to give me potential additional shares. $166 sure is stubborn. At this rate, I'll probably have to settle with $165 or so.

Last edited:
Looks like TSLA is getting a pullback correction. Hoping for $161 entry. I almost ended up re-entering $168.50 today in pre-market, but this little dip is going to give me potential additional shares. $166 sure is stubborn. At this rate, I'll probably have to settle with $165 or so.

I hoped for 160, but put in a buy order at 164.50 (not risking the chance of not filling like yesterday LOL) and it got filled so i'm a happy camper for now.. even if it goes down I still have buy orders below 164.. But this 164 to 168 range I said 2 days ago is going really strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.