Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems the stocks don't feel the same. Kind of sad. But I can only hope it stays this low until my next paycheck so I can get in more shares. :)

The only thing I feel kind of bad about is that Andrea kind of tricked him into revealing it with her sultry voice. (ha!)

It is still taking the world a long time to comprehend Tesla Motors. By the time the GIGA-factory is built and GenIII's are rolling off the line they will understand, but the important question tonight is, how long is our own time horizon, and what do we understand now? $150 seems a great buy-in for a 3-year run. This is a $500 stock if you are patient enough, and nothing said tonight detracts from that prediction.

Still, the sting of ignorance and OPEC shill power hurts in the short term, no doubt.

Barclasy target was 141 in August...

- - - Updated - - -

THere is no reason for the stock to do much over the next few years, the Gen 3 news, release, apha beta will be the earliest to get in. Watching them come out the first few quarters will be for the late adopters.
If you buy now or any time soon, just hold on for years, ignore the pain that can and likely will come.
I'm holding out for now.

Well, it looks like we will play the waiting game tonight to see if TSLA recovers tomorrow. After market price didn't make huge swing upwards. I'm going to guess a lot of negative articles will try to spin that TSLA is definitely over valued, but one thing hasn't changed: Tesla Motor's future is still looking bright. Now to see how DaveT, sleepy, etc... respond to the conference call information.

i think the gigafactory isnt coming anytime b4 soon
the voice of elon was not energetic enough he kinda sounded boring to me. I dont have a feeling that we will bounce off tomorrow. We shall feel lucky if we stay above $150 after market close tomorrow

p.s. im not short

I think the market is disappointed because Tesla didn't sell 7,000 - 8,000 Model S, (because some legitimate news sources decided to say information from TMC was an indication they would?), and because Tesla reported a lower profit than expected, due to prioritizing of European shipments, and investments into future projects (a gigantic battery factory?). I think tomorrow is a great buying opportunity. 2 car shows are coming up, and the rumor is that Tesla will unveil information about the Gen 3 and Possible the final version of the Model within the next 3 weeks. I'm increasing my position by 35 percent if Tesla opens around $150, and am preparing to add an extra 20 percent if it hits $130. Anyone else looking to buy a few May 2014 calls?

Tesla reported a lower profit than expected

Analyst consensus was .11 EPS, they reported .12 EPS, which is higher than expected.

It just wasn't "higher enough" for the market, I suppose.

I think the drop is because of lack of 2014 guidance and the bit about Q4 profits being similar to Q3. These are not issues though because a) we know Q4 would be similar, since ZEV revenue is reducing and car revenue is increasing, and a long time ago TSLA said profits would be similar all this year while that interplay happens quarter-by-quarter and b) 2014 guidance hinges entirely on China and Europe, since US demand is steady and rising, so it makes sense to mention it later when those two markets have developed a little bit more. A bit of a shame but it sounded to me like they had good things they wanted to say but thought it prudent to wait.

_______

my next buying level will be $130

After the 10:1 split in 2017? I don't see why you'd want to wait that long, but whatever you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.