Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the "man on the street" (not Motorheads or EV road warriors) the number 500 holds comfort. Since 500 is as much as a reasonable person drives in a day (think moms, families, casual drivers) that number is the magic one that always comforts for a max EV range.
Tesla came along with the Supercharging network and it will go a long way to alleviate range anxiety but the 500 mile range works even better as people always have a trip in mind that a SC will not cover and they would not have to wait for a free plug. As calculated with the 8% annual improvements above and stated by JB, 500 is coming and it a good thing too.

On the low end it will also help as for the same price and weight today we can soon get the perfect low end range too. 200 real-world miles (so 240 EPA) seems to work here in vast LA and one Tesla reviewer wrote years ago that the comfort number on the dash is 100 miles of buffer. As long as you look down and see three digits of range remaining then all is well. 200 is the key to that peace of mind, 500 is ownership nirvana.

Sorry to be so OT!

My thoughts on today's price action.

Volume is nearing half of what it finished yesterday. If today's volume surpasses yesterday's volume, be prepared to make new intraday lows.

TSLA gapped down and is in the breakdown point of the pennant and staying away from the upper resistance line. The only thing that isn't right here is the low volume but if volume spikes, take caution.

Be very careful buying a long position here because today's lows can very well end up being tomorrow's highs.

---

EDIT

After my original post, TSLA had a surge in buy volume brining it back over 120 and new intraday highs.

Volume is nearing half of what it finished yesterday. If today's volume surpasses yesterday's volume, be prepared to make new intraday lows.

TSLA gapped down and is in the breakdown point of the pennant and staying away from the upper resistance line. The only thing that isn't right here is the low volume but if volume spikes, take caution.

Be very careful buying a long position here because today's lows can very well end up being tomorrow's highs.

looks like the opposite today. volume spikes up, and up the prices goes.

Not taking justthateasy's advice, I just added 1300 shares at $117.50 and I'm pretty happy about it since this pop just happened.

(of course I did own shares when they were $194.50 so I'm still pretty beaten up)

I'm just putting my thoughts out there but ultimately do what you feel is right.

It looks like you made a nice chunk of change there, though I do hope that it's a scalp.

- - - Updated - - -

looks like the opposite today. volume spikes up, and up the prices goes.

For now…. There's still over 4 hours before the market closes and a lot can happen. TSLA has had very wild swings throughout the day.

---

EDIT

After my original post, TSLA had a surge in buy volume brining it back over 120 and new intraday highs.

Thanks for your misleading advice.

Just caught the tail end of a tv ad for an SUV with 750 mi range, sorry I didn't catch more details, it was playing in a store. In the near future more will be better, apparently.
Personally, I'd like more range to loose in winter.

Has anyone noticed how the FUD-slingers like to keep quoting each others negative projections in the hope that visitors will take these words of "more price drop to come" as TMC sentiment? I don't mind a member expressing a negative thought. What bothers me is when they keep repeating the same negatives ten times or more, at which time it has long transformed from information into advertising.

Then there's the curious case of MSMX2014. On page 1350 of this forum he used the name "scottcouto" and claimed to have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars after buying at $137. When a person changes his name, however, the previous posts take on the new name, thus identifying MSMX2014 as the previous Scottcouto. Under either name, however, he continues to serve as an echo to justthateasy and others who advertise their negative messages with tiring regularity.

Offer us something new and insightful and I will listen to both the positive and the negative. Advertise the same FUD again and again and you become a sorry distraction to an otherwise useful forum.

Papafox, I gave up trying to read all the posts on this thread a couple of months ago, so I don't know about the specific posters you've been reading and I haven't. I will say, however, I have noticed that FUD in general, seems to operate by trying to pair certain words with Tesla by repetition, true or not... that is Tesla and "bubble", "cult", or fire. So while I don't know much about these posters, if there is such a pattern it seems quite consistent with how FUD slinging is attempted in general.

Papafox, I gave up trying to read all the posts on this thread a couple of months ago, so I don't know about the specific posters you've been reading and I haven't. I will say, however, I have noticed that FUD in general, seems to operate by trying to pair certain words with Tesla by repetition, true or not... that is Tesla and "bubble", "cult", or fire. So while I don't know much about these posters, if there is such a pattern it seems quite consistent with how FUD slinging is attempted in general.

We should start spewing bullish FUD like: Deutche bank initiates TESLA at buy targets $150. NHSTA revamps safety regulation based on Model S. NHSTA gives the all clear on Model S. Billionaire Warren buffet buys TSLA stock saying: "An automobile is something that I understand and can touch". Citigroup initiates TSLA at outperform targets $600. Billionaire hedge fund caught red handed naked shorting TSLA and must cover. SEC investigate said hedge fund for improper insider trading and collusion. Short positions to be liquidated immediately.

**Edit this post is pure sarcasm and FUD.

Last edited:
The San Diego service center did not give me a Tesla loaner for my yearly service last week … this was the 1st time Tesla loaners were not available (had a roadster and P85+ before). The reason: “sales keeps on selling them out from under us.” IMO this is due to very strong demand coupled to production limitations due to contrained suppliers. This high demand bodes well for Q4 earnings (despite bad press from the fires) but supplier shortage will be a drag on the stock if Q1 14 guidance dose not project a near term fix in the supply chain.

The San Diego service center did not give me a Tesla loaner for my yearly service last week … this was the 1st time Tesla loaners were not available (had a roadster and P85+ before). The reason: “sales keeps on selling them out from under us.” IMO this is due to very strong demand coupled to production limitations due to contrained suppliers. This high demand bodes well for Q4 earnings (despite bad press from the fires) but supplier shortage will be a drag on the stock if Q1 14 guidance dose not project a near term fix in the supply chain.
Sounds about right!

I would like to say that I personally thought this stock would be 220 right now, and maybe if we didn't have all the fires and bad press it would be. I knew at some point we would see a pull back, but I was having so much fun riding the gravy train that I didn't see the signs and didn't protect myself. As a result, I lost big these past few weeks. I know when we were in the 190s some were posting that it was getting a little crazy and were maybe taking profits. Obviously in hindsight I wish I hadn't ignored them completely. I get a little upset to see everyone jump all over justthateasy & co because they feel the stock could still fall another 10%. Of course you shouldn't base all you trades off what people say here, but I think it would be wise to at least listen to what they have to say. Theres a lot of very intelligent individuals who we are fortunate enough to have share their thoughts and opinions. We all want to see Tesla succeed and in the long term and I definitely think they will. We all know it will be a bumpy road getting there though, so taking a more objective view on the short term would do us all good.

We should start spewing bullish FUD like: Deutche bank initiates TESLA at buy targets $150. NHSTA revamps safety regulation based on Model S. NHSTA gives the all clear on Model S. Billionaire Warren buffet buys TSLA stock saying: "An automobile is something that I understand and can touch". Citigroup initiates TSLA at outperform targets $600. Billionaire hedge fund caught red handed naked shorting TSLA and must cover. SEC investigate said hedge fund for improper insider trading and collusion. Short positions to be liquidated immediately.

**Edit this post is pure sarcasm and FUD.

DB is a buy with target of $200, so I'd hope they don't change it to 150.

Also, I've been very conscious not to use the F word in the same post as the T word whenever possible. Because there is really no reason to have them in the same place, since there is no issue here.

With this Seeking Alpha Tesla's Path to a Conservative $500 Per Share article released in the wee hours of the morning, with a positive outcome to both fire stories, and with Q3 info coming next week, I see the momentum on Tesla stock ready to turn around and get bullish again.

Has anyone noticed how bitter Papafox is? Is it because of the ridiculous information he considered 'valuable' to other views as shown above. I've seen nothing objective from you PapaFox. All you've done is complain about others in your latest threads. The chronic complaining about members who are actually trying to figure out the short term gets old. Why don't you go to the Long Term thread and stay there. That's where you belong. Robotgrease, sleepyhead and justthateasy keep it real on a short term basis - offering both sides. What have you offered lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.