Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Audio Recording of the Tesla 6.2 Range Anxiety Press Conference | Electrek

Didn't see it posted here yet. After listening to it, I'm even more amazed at the pace of innovation and how they're leaving the legacy automakers in the dust. They're just innovating in every direction while the others are still trying to catch up on just battery capacity.

Agreed, there is some great stuff in here that got lost in the kerfuffle with the speculation and subsequent coverage of the event:

* Doubling supercharger rollout this year
* Supercharger rollout within some major cities now, not just along transit corridors.
* Destination charging program now "thousands" of destinations worldwide
* Long-term target of 10x destination chargers vs. superchargers
* China "is on the upswing"

It seems like Tesla is building a more and more insurmountable moat with the charging network each day. Elon also sounds poised and confident in this call. I am very comfortable right now as a long-term shareholder.

had some knock-down fights about this one once upon a time- My position was that it would eventually happen and expand; I'm glad I was right-- it's so rare these days :)

We've got a 12-stall Supercharger in Midtown Atlanta at Atlantic Station. I see this as largely serving local condo dwellers.

My thinking is that Tesla should put Superchargers wherever it will increase sales to do so.

Audio Recording of the Tesla 6.2 Range Anxiety Press Conference | Electrek

Didn't see it posted here yet. After listening to it, I'm even more amazed at the pace of innovation and how they're leaving the legacy automakers in the dust. They're just innovating in every direction while the others are still trying to catch up on just battery capacity.

I find it interesting how stubborn and asleep the market is in response to such breakthrough news. Perhaps it is to be expected.

IMO these improvements are not priced in yet. Once the market gets unstuck on sales numbers, we might get to see the effects.

There was a note recently from Stifel analysts that reaffirmed Tesla's competitive advantage, calling self-driving cars a solved problem. They priced TSLA at $400. I do not disagree with them:biggrin:

Destination superchargers , even if I had to pay , would be great. Why not include these, it would
diminish charging anxiety.
What specifically do you mean by "include"? There are over 1000 worldwide. Most are for patrons of the destination host, but I would think many of these would be amenable to nonpatrons for a small amount of cash. I'm not sure how the range software will handle this. From a hospitality point of view, all destination hosts should be willing to help out in a pinch.

Perhaps people get blinded by the numbers and fail to see the diamond in the rough.

That may be one reason, but people are complex, contradictory creatures. They also tend to be creatures of habit and easily get upset, stressed, flustered when their routine is disturbed. And if they don't continually challenge themselves and their beliefs, they can get stuck in their own little box. They can no longer see the trees for the forest.

That means that TSLA is still investment underdog and we can make some money.

Absolutely. No doubt in my mind.

Analysts are starting to catch up on understanding Tesla's advantageous position.

Yes, some seem to get what's going on here, the potential, and the possible outcome. At some point the realization is going to hit the general market what this whole Tesla thing is about, I'm guessing the second or third year of Model 3 production will be when everything finally gets turned upside down for good. Until then I believe there will be a number of opportunities to 'get in', particularly this year (2015). When Tesla starts spending those huge (even bigger than to date) sums of money, the bean counters are going to be absolutely positive that Tesla is done like dinner. Wait for it. If you aren't in, then that will be the best time. But once those investment dollars start to show dividends, get out of the way of the train.

We still have some significant risk, there has to be when you're changing the world in such a fundamental way, but with each passing day Tesla and its sister companies get a tiny bit stronger and one step closer to the goal. The light at the end of the tunnel will be getting unbearably bright before we know it.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there any significance to 7?

Yes. Elon wouldn't elaborate on it, though. He wanted people to be surprised. I'd have to go back and listen to the call again to remember the two? things he did say it would include. I'm pretty sure one was the addition of an autopilot feature, but which one escapes me at the moment. Getting old(er) sucks!

What about setting up Superchargers at all major sports stadiums/arenas? Good foot traffic and word of mouth would be generated from diverse demographic of fans passing a sexy Tesla row or whatever. Easy to find and many people already road trip for sports. Plus any athletes who might become interested in using them would become additional excellent exposure too.

Status
Not open for further replies.