Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little surprised at the large volume just after closing: over a quarter million shares in two or three minutes, out of just under 4 million today. Or maybe that's just delayed reporting of earlier trades?

Edit: Looking at Nasdaq real-time page.

Last edited:
What a day, what a week! I was almost certain the Greeks would spoil it all.
Had placed order to sell my short term calls on monday, happy they were not executed and I could cancel them when it was clear the drama would not reach TSLA.
Anyway, I've been lucky.

Looking at a chart, today's candle is very odd, no? Just a stick, no body or so thin it can be barely depicted! I can't recall anything like that...

Thumbs up Teslamotors for executing the plan so brilliantly! It made more than my day today!

I'm a little surprised at the large volume just after closing: over a quarter million shares in two or three minutes, out of just under 4 million today. Or maybe that's just delayed reporting of earlier trades?

Edit: Looking at Nasdaq real-time page.

Not sure what you're seeing, I have 7.139M shares traded during the session and a little over 50k after hours.

Not sure what you're seeing, I have 7.139M shares traded during the session and a little over 50k after hours.

TSLA's NASDAQ Last Sale (NLS)
| NLS Volume
| Previous Close
| Today's High / Low
| 52 Week High / Low

280 10.85 ▲ 4.03% |
4,008,349 |
$269.15 | $282.68 / $268.6
| $ 291.42 / $ 181.40

Copypasted just now; hope it comes out legible.
Or at least intelligible ...

That is what my TDA and Yahoo are showing as well.

Given that the NYSE is closed tomorrow can some of our European friends give us some updates about price action on their local exchanges? Thanks

Also, I would put out the question of where does anyone think the price goes until we have either 1. Opening of the X design studio OR 2. QER2 that will occur in about a month ???

My opinion, we have not seen a real short squeeze yet. In fact, I would not be surprised to see more piling in. While I would like to see ATH, as would all bulls, I am thinking that some consolidation in the 275-280 range may happen until the next positive catalyst.

Last edited:
Seems like a lot of naked call sellers were left holding the bag on hundreds of shares short. They're all looking to cover next week given the first opportunity. I'm generally cautious with predictions here, but aside from a hardcore market correction due to Greece, i expect good strength next week.

Seems like a lot of naked call sellers were left holding the bag on hundreds of shares short. They're all looking to cover next week given the first opportunity. I'm generally cautious with predictions here, but aside from a hardcore market correction due to Greece, i expect good strength next week.

How do you know they were naked call sellers and not covered call sellers?

With 28,000 model X reservations now, and about 18,000 of those in the U.S., it is very possible that Tesla could sell more than 5,000 Model X in Q4.

I was at my service center the other day and while they did their best to not tell me anything, they did express concern about where they were going to fit all the Model X spare parts, and that the techs were getting Model X training. So, no dates, but it's gotta be coming soon.

They get assigned shares short. Ie, if they sold a 275 C, they are short 100 shares @ 275.
Were they not able to cover before the close? If I'm shorting calls or puts on the day of expiration I'm at my computer like a hawk up until I close them or until the bell and they're worthless. People covering their naked calls could be why we saw the spike at the end of day along with the normal short covering.

Were they not able to cover before the close? If I'm shorting calls or puts on the day of expiration I'm at my computer like a hawk up until I close them or until the bell and they're worthless. People covering their naked calls could be why we saw the spike at the end of day along with the normal short covering.

That's one option.
Most i know let them execute and try to cover the next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.