Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the range of the X will be a very large factor. If it is comparable to the S, everyone will wonder about the size of the pack. It will also, then, be interesting to see if they retain the same naming convention, using KWhrs. I suspect if the X has a larger pack, which will be noted in the model description, speculation will take off regarding the availability of the larger pack on the S. This is likely another 'lever' they are about to pull with regard to demand stimulation. There are some interesting timing factors, then, with the release of the configurator and pricing. Exciting times!

I agree, if the design studio has a 100+ KWh pack it will have a decent impact on share price. It will show that Tesla is pushing the wage forward and it is leaving everyone else that much further behind.

I agree, if the design studio has a 100+ KWh pack it will have a decent impact on share price. It will show that Tesla is pushing the wage forward and it is leaving everyone else that much further behind.
They have to, have to, have to have a bigger battery pack. 3+ years now for the pack, about 5 years since they announced an 85 kWh pack for Model S, they have spoken of 5%-8% improvement/year, time to show the money. If not, they need to triple down on supercharger rollouts.

They have to, have to, have to have a bigger battery pack. 3+ years now for the pack, about 5 years since they announced an 85 kWh pack for Model S, they have spoken of 5%-8% improvement/year, time to show the money. If not, they need to triple down on supercharger rollouts.

Battery improvements don't mean they need to release larger packs... they could just make the packs lighter. The Model S 85kWh pack is like 1200 pounds... that's over 1/4th the weight of the car!

Releasing the X Design Studio could also boost reservations. I, for one, am waiting to see what is offered. If not so exciting, I might wait for the Model 3 or buy a CPO Model S as a second Tesla. But if the Model X is truly awesome, that could mess up our financial discipline.

Truly, I hope the Model X is so amazing that Tesla has to suspend making the Model S just to keep up.

Is it fair to say that releasing the Design Studio will also give us complete pricing for Model X ?

If so, TSLA investors can get to work speculating on ASP, income, what difference 5,000 Model X's will make, or how many cars are needed to create $10million more profit, and so on.

There might also be some revisions to Model S car or option pricing, to bring things in line "across the range." (Wow, will be weird to be able to say that)

Is it fair to say that releasing the Design Studio will also give us complete pricing for Model X ?

If so, TSLA investors can get to work speculating on ASP, income, what difference 5,000 Model X's will make, or how many cars are needed to create $10million more profit, and so on.

There might also be some revisions to Model S car or option pricing, to bring things in line "across the range." (Wow, will be weird to be able to say that)
The point of the Design Studio is to allow people to finalize their orders, so it must include complete pricing info. How else could Bonnie place her order?

Design studio should be up asap right?

I've been meaning to ask, when do we expect the Design Studio to be live?

- - - Updated - - -

The point of the Design Studio is to allow people to finalize their orders, so it must include complete pricing info. How else could Bonnie place her order?

Bonnie's order could be, "Make me one with everything," just like that Buddhist who ordered a hot dog.

I'm still hopeful they (Tesla Motors) have a Model X reveal of some sort in store for us during TMC Connect. Hundreds of die hard Tesla fans gathered for three days hungry for any information Tesla related. The opening reception on Friday evening close to the factory in Fremont, or the party on Saturday evening at Tesla headquarters in Palo Alto would present a great opportunity for the X design studio to go live. And, Friday is June 10 :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.