Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not concerned at all about the cancellation rate even if it's 20%. Because the second the Design Studio has the X configuration in it, and the X pages of the site get updated, and the media goes nuts, that cancelled 20% will be probably filled up by new orders within what, a week? Maybe not even that long.

Agree posts but I agree! on to victory!
I hate 'I

Money needs to go somewhere.

The problems in China are specific to China, and the Chinese government has a number of options that have not been implemented. The problems in Greece are specific to Greece. It doesn't seem likely that any sensible country wants Greece to float away into space. Some plan is being discussed behind closed doors. It's only a matter of time
before we find out what that plan is.

Tourism in Greece is at record highs, even though the economy is barely standing. Why isn't anyone asking why this is or discussing the many options the Greek government has?

Elon tweeted that they will reach preliminary conclusions regarding the Space X crash Friday. Maybe I'm reading too much into it...but it doesn't seem like this is a simple fix or I think he would have dismissed it directly on Twitter. I hope I'm wrong.

Usually SpaceX doesn't have any effect on the stock at this point....but if this is big news we might get a little negativity trickling down?

Godspeed SpaceX

Elon tweeted that they will reach preliminary conclusions regarding the Space X crash Friday. Maybe I'm reading too much into it...but it doesn't seem like this is a simple fix or I think he would have dismissed it directly on Twitter. I hope I'm wrong.

Usually SpaceX doesn't have any effect on the stock at this point....but if this is big news we might get a little negativity trickling down?

Godspeed SpaceX

It's probably more that he can't say much until after they notify through the proper channels. Clearly something went wrong... even if it is something minor, it caused the rocket to explode. I would only expect a dismissal if it was a minor failure but the mission still succeeded (like if one of the engines lost power)

Godspeed SpaceX

Yes you are reading into it too much. If TSLA does take a hit due to SpaceX news-- one should buy because it's not really related. Only thing that matters this month for us is the X.

Wouldn't a cancelled conference be a negative? The spike coincided with NASDAQ movement.

- - - Updated - - -

citron tweeted time to short tsla again. Deliveries underwhelming to watchful eye. Good car stupid stock. They will never learn

That was Thursday.

Godspeed SpaceX

A SpaceX preliminary finding on the cause of the failure is a good thing, because it indicates SpaceX has a handle on what went wrong and can begin the work to finding a suitable solution. The worst case scenarion would be no conclusion. It is good to have found this weakness now, rather than when humans are on board. If SpaceX can indeed identify or at least narrow the list of possible causes, Elon can turn attention back to Tesla for the Model X launch.

Seems like a lot of naked call sellers were left holding the bag on hundreds of shares short. They're all looking to cover next week given the first opportunity. I'm generally cautious with predictions here, but aside from a hardcore market correction due to Greece, i expect good strength next week.

I feel pretty justified here after today's action. Tons of buying pressure on a rocky day for the overall markets. We ended -0.11%, so effectively even, after gaining 4% during the last session this is good confirmation.

Yeah, this was a fine day. Very strong close.
Agreed; Thursday's 4% increase was reaffirmed today. Barring any unforeseeable issues, the next thing on the horizon is the Model X Design Studio, which will have an uncertain impact but, I think, on balance positive.

I waffle on the Design Studio reveal. It will showcase a lot of great things about the vehicle and make it much more tangible, all good things. It will also reveal the price, which I think is going to have some pretty serious sticker shock.

Agreed; Thursday's 4% increase was reaffirmed today. Barring any unforeseeable issues, the next thing on the horizon is the Model X Design Studio, which will have an uncertain impact but, I think, on balance positive.

I waffle on the Design Studio reveal. It will showcase a lot of great things about the vehicle and make it much more tangible, all good things. It will also reveal the price, which I think is going to have some pretty serious sticker shock.

I think the design studio release will give us a glimpse into the future. Range of the Model X will be an important factor. I think a huge catalyst would be equal or greater range than the Model S. No prediction on my part, but certain features could propel the stock based upon the design studio. Price will be very important as well. Overall, a great day sold pre-market (due to Greece), bought on dip and ended up making money with more shares at the end of the day.

I think the design studio release will give us a glimpse into the future. Range of the Model X will be an important factor. I think a huge catalyst would be equal or greater range than the Model S. No prediction on my part, but certain features could propel the stock based upon the design studio. Price will be very important as well. Overall, a great day sold pre-market (due to Greece), bought on dip and ended up making money with more shares at the end of the day.

I think the range of the X will be a very large factor. If it is comparable to the S, everyone will wonder about the size of the pack. It will also, then, be interesting to see if they retain the same naming convention, using KWhrs. I suspect if the X has a larger pack, which will be noted in the model description, speculation will take off regarding the availability of the larger pack on the S. This is likely another 'lever' they are about to pull with regard to demand stimulation. There are some interesting timing factors, then, with the release of the configurator and pricing. Exciting times!

Status
Not open for further replies.