Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gigafactory partners/investors? Details of why they purchased the additional land surrounding gigafactory? Model S refresh? P105D? Oh, the possibilities!

If it's like any of the other press conferences, buy the hype, sell the news.

It's a conference call & not a live event - so no presentation or photos. Probably because of lack of time? But why not wait? - maybe this doesnt need one, just a website launch of the Design Studio? No tweet from Elon either. Very curious.

they certainly announced this with far more stealth than other press conferences and events in general- 1. did not use twitter, 2. did not leave week plus between announcement of event and the event itself for a build up of drama, attention, speculation, etc. we know they've been stealth with details about X in general, so I'm cautiously optimistic this is it, but prepared for this simply to be a way to promote the next billion miles tour. if this is not about X, I'm not too concerned about the stock taking a hit (unless it goes up over 5% tomorrow AM)... I think Elon will give some kind of tease, possibly detail on X even if it's not an X event.

they certainly announced this with far more stealth than other press conferences and events in general- 1. did not use twitter, 2. did not leave week plus between announcement of event and the event itself for a build up of drama, attention, speculation, etc. we know they've been stealth with details about X in general, so I'm cautiously optimistic this is it, but prepared for this simply to be a way to promote the next billion miles tour. if this is not about X, I'm not too concerned about the stock taking a hit (unless it goes up over 5% tomorrow AM)... I think Elon will give some kind of tease, possibly detail on X even if it's not an X event.

Maybe they learned from the Buy the Rumor, Sell the News, not leaving much opportunity for speculators.

What if the stealth is because it is bad news? In any event just throwing it out there because we should be prepared for anything. Although frankly I would think the lack of a tweet has more to do with SpaceX than anything. We should always remember SpaceX is the most important company to Elon and it seems they are having a very hard time tracking down the cause of the mishap.

That's the only thing I can think of that we know about other than rollout of Beta Tester Autopilot.
Now that we know it's a phone CC I'm now going with Beta Tester release of Autopilot. He said it would be rolled out soon so the timing feels right.

The ending range anxiety event was also a phone conference call, was it not? It was software related, so is Autopilot. Makes sense to me. What do you guys think?

Who does press events, even conference calls, on a Friday? Anyone who watched The West Wing knows that's "take the trash out" day.

Seems like the timing is meant to coincide with the Saturday commencement of the "Next Billion Miles" demos around country. If an X will be a part of these demos/test drives, then that is pleasant news. If no X, it better be something pretty insanely earth-shattering.

Now that we know it's a phone CC I'm now going with Beta Tester release of Autopilot. He said it would be rolled out soon so the timing feels right.

The ending range anxiety event was also a phone conference call, was it not? It was software related, so is Autopilot. Makes sense to me. What do you guys think?

I think this is the most reasonable guess so far.

As for TSLA… it will bid up like crazy on wild speculation and plummet back down if there's no Model X info.

Sounds like a good theory to me. What's more, have they ever had a major reveal during regular market trading? Software update seems to fit significant enough for call not too significant to do during regular trading hours. Still hope for at least an X tease.

I remember from the end-range-anxiety press call on March 19 that Elon said he would like to do press calls more regularly. I am thinking this may be just a general update on the status of the various projects and then a chance for reporters to ask questions.

So I'm thinking no major announcement but maybe a nice opportunity to show that everything is on track and to give the press some positive stories to write, with maybe the chance of some nuggets of new info.

Status
Not open for further replies.