Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have there been any recent Person articles on SA? I don't read anything over there anymore but it sure would be entertaining to see him have another go, the comments section would be great entertainment.

Yea, right? I kinda miss him. It was so adorable reading his articles. So full of, well, something.

I'm a little surprised that the pre-market rise didn't stick, given Elon's tweets confirming the price of Model 3 and X deliveries a day earlier than expected.

In my opinion, the only thing between TSLA and a 300+ stock price is proof of execution.

What I mean is that by now investors are aware of Tesla's mission and master plan. It has been talked about for ages, everyone had time to decide whether they agree with it or not. Most should also agree in the theoretical potential of the company, the real questions are around:
- if they build it will they come? (Is there enough demand)
- can they build it? (execution)

Every bit of news that shows that they are on track, executing, moving forward, turning paperware into metal and/or that people are indeed buying, reserving, ordering has the potential to break the chains holding down TSLA and catapult the stock above 300.

Don't be fooled by the lack of hysteria on the X configuration news. Macro news outweighed everything, however once the storm dies down, there will be pent up pressure on TSLA to move up.

Well, at least this is how I see it.

Mrdoubleb has an excellent point here. Proof of execution is essential to getting the significantly higher stock prices. Although the imminent release of Model X foreshadows execution, there's a cloud hanging over the Model X world, and that is the vendor issue that may be slowing down the start of manufacturing significant numbers of Model X vehicles. We should see a nice bump in price when that hurdle is removed and assemby line #2 is producing cars on a regular basis. An ER that confirms solid production numbers and good margins would do much good.

Nonetheless, I suspect we'll see a nice bump if Tesla puts on a top-notch release event for Model X. Imagine an innovative second row of seats demonstrated. Then the Model X drives itself to a small transparent garage, puts itself away, and the charging cable snakes up into position and charging begins. All these feats are within Tesla's abilities right now, and to show them all in one event could demonstrate Tesla's ability to deliver on the dream.

By the way, shouldn't we hear August delivery numbers by today?

Last edited:
Mrdoubleb has an excellent point here. Proof of execution is essential to getting the significantly higher stock prices. Although the imminent release of Model X is proof of execution, there's a cloud hanging over the Model X world, and that is the vendor issue that may be slowing down the start of manufacturing significant numbers of Model X vehicles. We should see a nice bump in price when that hurdle is removed. An ER that confirms solid production numbers and good margins would do much good.

Nonetheless, I suspect we'll see a nice bump if Tesla puts on a top-notch release event for Model X. Imagine an innovated second row of seats demonstrated. Then the Model X drives itself to a small transparent garage, puts itself away, and the charging cable snakes up into position and charging begins. All these feats are within Tesla's abilities right now, and to show them all in one event could demonstrate Tesla's ability to deliver on the dream.

By the way, shouldn't we hear August delivery numbers by today?

They are giving quarterly delivery numbers within 3 days of end of quarter, not monthly numbers. Disregard if i'm confused by your question.

Cross post from Troy's post in Referral program thread:

10 referrals limit seems to be lifted.

On reddit somebody posted this quote from a Tesla email (source):

September 2, 2015

As you know, the Model S referral program was designed as an experiment, and so far it seems to be working. So, we’ve decided to remove the 10-referral limit. From now until the end of the program, you can refer as many friends as you’d like. Your link will continue to work until October 31st. What’s more, we’ve added an additional reward: the customer who makes the most referrals by the end of October will be invited to swap their current Model S for a fully loaded Ludicrous P90D Model S, for free. All other terms of the program remain unchanged.
Elon

I just checked and Bjorn's code works again.

Then the Model X drives itself to a small transparent garage, puts itself away, and the charging cable snakes up into position and charging begins. All these feats are within Tesla's abilities right now, and to show them all in one event could demonstrate Tesla's ability to again demonstrate features that the general public will not have access to for many months or more.

FTFY. Be careful what you wish for.

Nonetheless, I suspect we'll see a nice bump if Tesla puts on a top-notch release event for Model X. Imagine an innovative second row of seats demonstrated. Then the Model X drives itself to a small transparent garage, puts itself away, and the charging cable snakes up into position and charging begins. All these feats are within Tesla's abilities right now, and to show them all in one event could demonstrate Tesla's ability to deliver on the dream....

They could do all of that and I bet it would work correctly 75% of the time. I would be cringing the whole time. Put me in the camp that feels that they should just focus on making great cars with electric drivetrains and innovative features, and release the features when they completely work. i doubt all of that is completely working right now.

They could do all of that and I bet it would work correctly 75% of the time. I would be cringing the whole time. Put me in the camp that feels that they should just focus on making great cars with electric drivetrains and innovative features, and release the features when they completely work. i doubt all of that is completely working right now.

Well, it wouldn't be the first in the automotive history...

Volvo S60 Pedestrian Detection System Test - YouTube

EPIC VOLVO FAIL (with comment from representative) - YouTube

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/09/03/ex-tesla-engineer-charged-with-felony-computer-intrusion.html

A former Tesla Motors engineer has been charged in federal court with felony computer intrusion for accessing his manager's email account, sharing employee evaluations with others and posting confidential information on the Web.

Nima Kalbasi, a 28-year-old Canadian, then "tried to harm Tesla's reputation and credibility by making false and misleading comments," the FBI said in a statement on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.