Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly did Apple innovate since iPhone that's worth mentioning? (I am not saying they didn't but I sure haven't noticed)
Dude, just the friggin iPad. Have you heard of it?

[Note: The apparent snippy tone of this post is because it's riffing off the "Fake Steve Jobs" blog: The Secret Diary of Steve Jobs, who's tag line is: "Dude, I invented the friggin iPhone. Have you heard of it?" It's supposed to be a joke...:crying:]

They forgot SpaceX. What exactly did Apple innovate since iPhone that's worth mentioning? (I am not saying they didn't but I sure haven't noticed)

The iPad and the Apple Watch. And have you seen the latest Macbook? Apple's innovations take products to a whole new level, and they keep innovating on existing products, which is what I see in TSLA and why I am very long in both. Neither company is necessarily for everyone, and each has cheaper, lesser competition, but if you want the best it costs more. Just my opinion. ;-)

The iPad and the Apple Watch. And have you seen the latest Macbook? Apple's innovations take products to a whole new level, and they keep innovating on existing products, which is what I see in TSLA and why I am very long in both. Neither company is necessarily for everyone, and each has cheaper, lesser competition, but if you want the best it costs more. Just my opinion. ;-)

These companies are often creating things no one is asking for too!

Ford coming along kicking and screaming but certainly not rival status. Wow, 75 mile range moves up to a whopping 100 mile range. Not very impressive for the only other auto manufacturer in America besides Tesla who has NOT ever filed bankruptcy! But it's a start I guess.

More and more it seems like the neutral carbon tax is really the only way to make the final push to EVs.

Ford seeks to rival Tesla with electric vehicle push - MarketWatch

Also, interesting to note various "analysts" again doing "Nokia v Apple" arguments doubting that upstart rogues the likes of Tesla could hardly be expected to produce 100k vehicles 2 years from now you know, cuz gas is cheap (maybe for decades!?) and likes dealers don't even want to sell EV's anyway! So, ipso facto.... why would anybody want an iPhone when you can a bitchin flip phone:confused::crying:

One has to love the staggering short sighted ignorance cuz it equals $$$$ for those willing to pay even a little attention to details and facts:rolleyes:

Fire Away!

These companies are often creating things no one is asking for too!

You just don't realize you need it yet. I have no interest in the Apple Watch, but my wife is interested in something to track physical condition and asked me about the Fitbit. Yes it is cheaper by half than the Apple, but the Apple does so much more. Guess what she is getting for Christmas? It is a matter of great design and functionality. Not everyone wants one, not everyone can afford one but somehow they find more than enough customers to have margins that every other manufacturer would kill for. Tesla will be there in a few years.

You just don't realize you need it yet. I have no interest in the Apple Watch, but my wife is interested in something to track physical condition and asked me about the Fitbit. Yes it is cheaper by half than the Apple, but the Apple does so much more. Guess what she is getting for Christmas? It is a matter of great design and functionality. Not everyone wants one, not everyone can afford one but somehow they find more than enough customers to have margins that every other manufacturer would kill for. Tesla will be there in a few years.

I hope the falcon doors become a need as well, nobody is asking for them ,
though eventually they evolve into a must have.

Just thought of something this morning about Superchargers.

Imagine you own a Model S fleet of 50 used cars with 70k-100k miles. You can buy these for $40-50k wholesale right now. You then buy 5 Superchargers from Tesla, locate them throughout the city on small lots with solar panel / Powerwall systems, and put professional drivers in them to chauffeur clients around town. Warranty for another 4 years and unlimited miles. All you cars car fast charge within any quadrant in the city at will. Almost 70% less operating costs with the ultimate potential to go driver-less later. Only needing people to man the supercharger stations until the snake connector is released!

Tran-formative hardware for amazing new businesses! It's the concepts not thought of yet that will continue to drive this company valuation.

The apple watch or any other smart watch are no replacement for a fitbit especially if the person is a watch wearer. Simply because watches are jewelry and you cannot track anything while wearing another watch if you have a smart watch making the fitbit required anyway. So get both :)

Just thought of something this morning about Superchargers.

Imagine you own a Model S fleet of 50 used cars with 70k-100k miles. You can buy these for $40-50k wholesale right now. You then buy 5 Superchargers from Tesla, locate them throughout the city on small lots with solar panel / Powerwall systems, and put professional drivers in them to chauffeur clients around town. Warranty for another 4 years and unlimited miles. All you cars car fast charge within any quadrant in the city at will. Almost 70% less operating costs with the ultimate potential to go driver-less later. Only needing people to man the supercharger stations until the snake connector is released!

Tran-formative hardware for amazing new businesses! It's the concepts not thought of yet that will continue to drive this company valuation.

Nice dream but current MS will never be autonomous.

That said I hope we see more private SC/semi-SCs in the future.

I suspect at this point the X is not going to help much in terms of delivery numbers for Q4, and it's all up to outstanding execution on S deliveries to meet expectations for the quarter and save the stock from more weakness.

What wouldn't surprise me is if in the next conf call Elon says well deliveries of X were negligible in Q4, but production! production was awesome, and things ramped up fantastically in the last two weeks of Dec, but those produced X's couldn't count as deliveries until Q1....

Status
Not open for further replies.