Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I was referring to is the actual math is going to be 2400/wk because the 1200/wk from first body line will disappear. AFAIR that was the plan to begin with.

Yep. That's my understanding as well. At some point, the existing Body Line #1 that makes MS body-in white will be decommissioned. All MX and MS body production will happen on the newer Body Line (#2).

So, basically this DB analyst got it wrong about total capacity because he didn't listen closely that tesla will be shutting down Body Line 1. It won't be the first time I've felt like I know more than an automotive analyst. Ha. Or, I guess it's possible tesla has changed their mind and they now plan to leave this old body line in place.

This is interesting part to me is that we really don't know when the old Body Line 1 will be decommissioned. We know that they are going to make room for the Model 3 robotic line. No idea what the lead time is to rip out the old body line and clear that space.

We we will need to back into when M3 production is initaiily targeted to start and then consider the tool up lead time for that M3 robotic line. I'm sure we will hear about thus a lot more part way into 2016.

Last edited:
image.png

Model x deliveries is started?

That might have been the shortest buying opportunity ever. The report looks pretty bullish to me - "production capacity of 3600/week in 2016" - with the biggest negative actually confirming that TM will make at least the lower end of guidance.

Agreed that 2016 will be phenomenal I'm just talking about beginning of the market this morning when the bots and regular crowd see all the FUD that is once again based on misquoted statiscally invalid "surveys" that use questionable predictive math to reach a "click bait" conclusion.

The opportunity will truly be short in terms of time but I'm guessing there's gonna be a bunch of folks who bail and feed the shorts for a bit.:cool:

Cheers

Fire Away!:rolleyes:

Looks as if the drivetrain issue is getting some more press, as expected. Many articles of course get it wrong and talk about "motor" problems, could be a FUD storm.

I agree, found some time to take a second look at the data linked to by the report.
A lot of the issues reported did not result in a DU replacement.
This article exaggerates the issue.
Why the hell are so many articles biased (to the bull side or to the bearisch side)?

I agree, found some time to take a second look at the data linked to by the report.
A lot of the issues reported did not result in a DU replacement.
This article exaggerates the issue.
Why the hell are so many articles biased (to the bull side or to the bearisch side)?

Engadget has an article titled 'Those early Teslas might not be too reliable'. Frickin' hilarious.

Who would have imagined that the very first cars ever produced by a young startup might have had a few glitches? That's front page news, for sure.

Engadget has an article titled 'Those early Teslas might not be too reliable'. Frickin' hilarious.

Who would have imagined that the very first cars ever produced by a young startup might have had a few glitches? That's front page news, for sure.

All about the click bait. In the grand scheme of things cooler minds will prevail. Sample size of 372 out of the 100K+ or so cars (.372%) with no follow up. Problem is people (and bots) only read the headlines.

Someone made a list of markets to expand into and alphabetized it. Someone mistook it for the order they should do it.

America
Australia
Canada
China
Europe
Hong Kong
Japan
Mexico
South Korea

True story. That is why Zimbabwe is not a priority.

Ummmmmm...ALASKA...Tesla, remember us? :mad: I know, this thread is not about Superchargers.

Still, you get a +Rep. Point for your post. Hope it was you who made it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.