Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG. That's really pathetic Bezos. I like Bezos but that tweet is pure craziness.

It is possible that Jeff made a beginner's tweet mistake. Most likely he meant to poke Elon a bit but tweet came out wrong. Or he tweeted on impulse.

Consequently, Jeff made a fool of himself and invoked twitter fury. He is getting a terrible beating there. I will not be surprised to see some sort of a backtrack tweet coming soon.

It might be and idea for him to get his wife to screen his tweets before publishing :wink:

Last edited:
To be fair, Elon did take a bit of a shot at Bezos first by pointing out that his rocket didn't go into orbit and that SpaceX had done suborbital launch and returns with the Grasshopper first. Elon just did it better.

To be fair to both, even the masterminds of today's world are human.

Does anyone expect a bump this morning from this event? I seem to remember taking a hit when the last situation occurred. Can't recall exactly how it played out. Might be confusing it with the multiple times Janet Yellen was making her threats.

Other more experienced investors might have experienced otherwise, but I have never heard of any joint venture that went well. In fact, I avoid investing in companies that have big joint ventures with another. Our tsla's initial JV with Mercedez didn't go far either.

But, but, but...Tesla and Panasonic are a joint venture in Gigafactory, no? And what about Tesla partnering with others on SuperCharger Network down the road?

Ford gets credit for trying to save their bacon.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone expect a bump this morning from this event? I seem to remember taking a hit when the last situation occurred. Can't recall exactly how it played out. Might be confusing it with the multiple times Janet Yellen was making her threats.

TSLA did take a bit of a knock for the previous SpaceX problem. You are remembering correctly.

OMG. That's really pathetic Bezos. I like Bezos but that tweet is pure craziness.

Honestly, no wonder Elon said Bezos isn't a fun guy. It's pretty bad-- at least the public knows the real deal if you look at all the responses.

To get back on track. For short term, very little volume going into the holidays-- I don't expect too much to happen *knock on wood

But, but, but...Tesla and Panasonic are a joint venture in Gigafactory, no? And what about Tesla partnering with others on SuperCharger Network down the road? Ford gets credit for trying to save their bacon. - - - Updated - - - TSLA did take a bit of a knock for the previous SpaceX problem. You are remembering correctly.
You are right. I somehow looked at it as TSLA forcing Panasonic to move operations to USA or else. I sort of have a timeline of 7 years before TSLA took over operations of the panasonic part and forcing them out of operations like futuris. It's what I would've done as a evil plotter. This is what I meant by joint ventures usually ends in disaster. Who has all the leverage in this relationship?

You are right. I somehow looked at it as TSLA forcing Panasonic to move operations to USA or else. I sort of have a timeline of 7 years before TSLA took over operations of the panasonic part and forcing them out of operations like futuris. It's what I would've done as a evil plotter. This is what I meant by joint ventures usually ends in disaster. Who has all the leverage in this relationship?

Tesla certainly seems to have dragged Panasonic kicking and screaming to this point, but that doesn't make it not a good or lasting partnership. I think there's a difference between Panasonic and Futuris - one can/could/has produced the product Tesla wanted/wants, the other - not so much. My understanding of the Gigafactory is that Tesla is the overseer/landlord = Overlord? :). I don't think that's a bad thing for either side. If something goes wrong, Panasonic gets to shrug/throw up their hands and blame it on Tesla all the while Tesla gets to remain in control of their goals/masterplan/destiny. If Tesla haven't already provided enough proof to their suppliers and/or partners of - 'come hell or high water this is getting done' - then those suppliers and/or partners should step aside or be run over.

I really don't think Elon wants to add yet another 'business' to Tesla, but if he has to I'm sure he will. It is hard to find a partnership that is solid and lasts - agreed. Many (most?) do seem to eventually self-destruct. I'm still giving Ford some bonus points for trying to save their bacon if in fact the Google-Ford partnership is for realz. Course, we don't know all the nitty, gritty details and I really have a hard time imagining how this works out, but it's all very interesting, no?

Other more experienced investors might have experienced otherwise, but I have never heard of any joint venture that went well. In fact, I avoid investing in companies that have big joint ventures with another. Our tsla's initial JV with Mercedez didn't go far either.

About a decade ago, Ford and Qualcomm had a joint venture called Wingcast, to integrate modern (for then) telematics into cars. It was a total bust, and one of my Q colleagues who worked on it said "I'll never look at buying a Ford again!". Total culture clash.

Honestly, no wonder Elon said Bezos isn't a fun guy. It's pretty bad-- at least the public knows the real deal if you look at all the responses.

To get back on track. For short term, very little volume going into the holidays-- I don't expect too much to happen *knock on wood

You nailed that. I certainly didn't expect a drop today.
* EM makes history landing the booster
* Bonnie gets her MX
* Strong anticipation for guidance being met
* CNN loves the MX
* Markets are green

TSLA red?

And my calls AND protective puts are both red today.

What the heck?

You nailed that. I certainly didn't expect a drop today.
* EM makes history landing the booster
* Bonnie gets her MX
* Strong anticipation for guidance being met
* CNN loves the MX
* Markets are green

TSLA red?

And my calls AND protective puts are both red today.

What the heck?

Don't expect much throughout the year. Not entirely sure what your trading experience is with the markets but low volume for the rest of the year... Unless something bananas happens.

You are not alone with this question. Did not anticipate this at all. There is also comparatively little noise on social media on the signature delivery. Maybe we should give it a few days before the first signature owners come up with extensive youtube reviews?

I think that we probably need to wait until the numbers are announced in January. Or worst case the February ER-CC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.