Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something very strange is happening in Nevada. More convinced than ever that Faraday Future is a shell company for Apple and/or Tesla. Why else would Nevada approve a $335 million incentives package for a company that doesn't have a product. Not to mention Faraday Future's "plan" for a battery factory looks like it was either developed by Tesla, or built to look like it was. This is more bizarre than the fiasco with Fisker. The name of the company has a faint smell of BYD (Build Your Dream).

Nevada governor signs $335M deal to lure electric carmaker | Miami Herald

Last edited:
Given the huge website wait time movements, I think it's pretty clear that tesla is prioritizing x in a big way. I think the reason is simple, they want to light some shorts on fire. Remember how the more expensive models are front loaded? Get ready for cash flow positive in q1. And this will be after announcing q4 guidance was hit or exceeded almost solely on increased s demand. Probably some tesla energy news. Oh, and model 3 reveal in March. It will be time to break that 280 barrier sooner rather than later.

Why else would Nevada approve a $335 million incentives package for a company that doesn't have a product.

For 4500 jobs that pay a starting wage of $22/hr in an economically depressed section of Las Vegas.

The incentives are protected with investment requirements and FF is backed by Jia Yueting who is worth ~$7.5B.

What is the risk to Nevada?

It is $33M in transferable Nevada tax credits which is a cash equivalent the rest is tax abatements.

Why would Jia work as front for Apple or Tesla? Does he need the money?

Does FF need 10 GWh of batteries in the first year?

My guess is they will be importing Chinese batteries and other parts then assembling them with just enough North American content in Nevada for a Made in the USA label. And the Chinese don't have a battery capacity problem. Maybe a quality control problem but not a capacity problem.

The numbers will be low at first then grow.

In europe we got mail from Tesla today (about 30min ago) that we get Spotify app in the next update. I love that! Is this the first 3. party app we get for the car? I guess its not stock moving, but this maybe indicate that the next update will maybe bring more apps and cool software features that can bring some positive media fuzz :)

Does american also get this app or is it only in europe? (U have slacker, we had Rdio but they went bankrupsy and shutt down today)

With the first deliveries of the Model X to non-Founders, I expected TSLA to be up this morning. I had a pending order for some friday $235 calls, which executed, and were up 20% in the first few minutes, so that's good. But, honestly, I expected more. Where's the news about the deliveries?

In europe we got mail from Tesla today (about 30min ago) that we get Spotify app in the next update. I love that! Is this the first 3. party app we get for the car? I guess its not stock moving, but this maybe indicate that the next update will maybe bring more apps and cool software features that can bring some positive media fuzz :)

Does american also get this app or is it only in europe? (U have slacker, we had Rdio but they went bankrupsy and shutt down today)
if my memory is correct spodify refused partnership with tesla years ago (or perhaps price not correct). i personally don't see advantage of one streaming service over another. do you get streaming music in european teslas now?

- - - Updated - - -

With the first deliveries of the Model X to non-Founders, I expected TSLA to be up this morning. I had a pending order for some friday $235 calls, which executed, and were up 20% in the first few minutes, so that's good. But, honestly, I expected more. Where's the news about the deliveries?
not everyone reads or should believe everything written here. delivery of a few model x cars will not drive the market. will take hundreds to do anything. rumors of every other car on line an X are only rumors.

I acquired several positions Friday also with this expectation but have noticed in the past, it happens gradually. I'm pleased so far and wouldn't be surprised if we elevate to the $240+ level by Christmas Eve. Next Monday could be the real wild card. Not only will there be more Model X reviews online but people who get them will have plenty of time to post videos and pictures about their new toys!

if my memory is correct spodify refused partnership with tesla years ago (or perhaps price not correct). i personally don't see advantage of one streaming service over another. do you get streaming music in european teslas now?

- - - Updated - - -

That is correct. Spotify is by far the best and most popular music streaming service in most of europe at least. The best thing about an integrated version is that u will probably get the uppertunity to save offline list in high ressolution. (Most streaming is shitt quality) The hi-fi in model s deserve good quality music :) At lest here in norway in the tesla comunity most think this is the best christmas gift we could have gotten from Tesla :)

- - - Updated - - -

not everyone reads or should believe everything written here. delivery of a few model x cars will not drive the market. will take hundreds to do anything. rumors of every other car on line an X are only rumors.

I think the difference is primarily in Song Availability. Spotify also lets you do random song order on specific Albums with even their more basic account, as opposed to not getting that in Slacker unless you go full price. The benefit of Slacker though is some really great "radio stations" that is put together by the service itself. But on the flip side Spotify has playlists that are shared and you can find a playlist for just about anything. I wouldn't mind if we had to pay for the service, if it meant we got a choice in provider. But Tesla may be contract locked for now in the US with Slacker (speculation).

Something very strange is happening in Nevada. More convinced than ever that Faraday Future is a shell company for Apple and/or Tesla. Why else would Nevada approve a $335 million incentives package for a company that doesn't have a product. Not to mention Faraday Future's "plan" for a battery factory looks like it was either developed by Tesla, or built to look like it was. This is more bizarre than the fiasco with Fisker. The name of the company has a faint smell of BYD (Build Your Dream).

Nevada governor signs $335M deal to lure electric carmaker | Miami Herald

What happened in Nevada is influenced by the state's politics. Nevada politics is really divided into Northern Nevada (Reno and the smaller counties) and Southern Nevada (Las Vegas area). Southern Nevada legislators outnumber Northern Nevada legislators but cooperated in order for Northern Nevada to get the Tesla growth through the gigafactory. Placing the Faraday factory in Southern Nevada allows the south to receive a benefit, and it is only fair for the Northern Nevada politicians to support the south on this proposal. It was smart for Faraday to propose a factory in Southern Nevada because, politically, a tax incentive was a slam-dunk.

Chowdhry noted that Tesla is also ramping up production of the Model X Signature SUV as production levels have reached more than 100 vehicles per week. The analyst added that the Model X's seats are "remarkably improved" when compared to the Model S sedan.Chowdhry also pointed out that Tesla began manufacturing its seats in-house after firing its seat supplier, Futuris.

I know many don´t regard Chowdry as a very reliable source - but IIRC up to now Tesla only said they moved the X second row seat posts in-house, not the complete seats, right? If true, I guess that will have caused most of the latest since the first founders were delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.