Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean Andrea James?

I'd agree. I think she has quite a fanclub over here and not because she is a fangirl, but beacuse she does her research, visited Tesla a number of times, asks intelligent questions at the CCs and her predictions and analysys have usually proved right over the past few years.

All the above is true, but the reason she has a special place in my heart was because in 2012-2013 she was literally the only analyst that would defend Tesla on financial TV like Bloomberg and CNBC. That took some real guts of her to do that and go against all those "pro's" who were literally making fun of her and TSLA. If you're reading this, will you marry me Andrea?

All the above is true, but the reason she has a special place in my heart was because in 2012-2013 she was literally the only analyst that would defend Tesla on financial TV like Bloomberg and CNBC. That took some real guts of her to do that and go against all those "pro's" who were literally making fun of her and TSLA. If you're reading this, will you marry me Andrea?

To add to her credits, she started her career as an analyst only 5-6 years ago. (as is evident from perusing her twitter account)

Andrea has been very insightful and been willing to clearly retort gibberish on places like CNBC.

That said, I don't want us to fall for a misperception some market participants have been trying VERY hard to sell. Andrea was not "going against all the pros." The Wall Street Analysts (about 20 of them), collectively have been quite right on Tesla through it's bullish run. Of course, we're talking about a stock that went from the $30s to $190s in 6 months in 2013, and continued well into the $200s last year. As a group, the analysts moved their price targets up right along with that movement. Granted, Andrea is part of a smaller group that moved targets up more consistently ahead of the stock movement, but it's not as though the bulk of sentiment has been that Tesla is overpriced by the Wall Street analysts. It has been a technique of some in the media to try to work very hard to try to portray as conventional wisdom that Tesla is way overvalued, but that's just a partisan marketing campaign, and completely at odds with the collective sentiment of the Wall Street analysts that cover Tesla. If it's not clear, LOLs, in the past, it's irritated me to read articles that talk about Tesla's price as if it were a given that it is overvalued. This then gets run with in the comments sections of these articles.

- - - Updated - - -

When Jonas has a negative report, it's all over the newsfeed. When it's positive, nothing.

Given that Rupert Murdoch owns WSJ, MarketWatch, and Barrons, and other news outlets copycat what they see others reporting, there's a built in wind to spread FUD on Tesla, and ignore or distract from positive developments (on top of the "it bleeds it leads Vger mentioned). You'll note there were no WSJ headlines re Tesla potentially expanding GF plan 50%, or Model 3 reveal as early as March 2016 (while they saw what looks like a one month or so Model X delay worthy of a "Model X delayed" headline).

Andrea has been very insightful and been willing to clearly retort gibberish on places like CNBC.

That said, I don't want us to fall for a misperception some market participants have been trying VERY hard to sell. Andrea was not "going against all the pros." The Wall Street Analysts (about 20 of them), collectively have been quite right on Tesla through it's bullish run. Of course, we're talking about a stock that went from the $30s to $190s in 6 months in 2013, and continued well into the $200s last year. As a group, the analysts moved their price targets up right along with that movement. Granted, Andrea is part of a smaller group that moved targets up more consistently ahead of the stock movement, but it's not as though the bulk of sentiment has been that Tesla is overpriced by the Wall Street analysts. It has been a technique of some in the media to try to work very hard to try to portray as conventional wisdom that Tesla is way overvalued, but that's just a partisan marketing campaign, and completely at odds with the collective sentiment of the Wall Street analysts that cover Tesla. If it's not clear, LOLs, in the past, it's irritated me to read articles that talk about Tesla's price as if it were a given that it is overvalued. This then gets run with in the comments sections of these articles.

Tesla is overvalued if it was an ICE automotive company (Market cap around 5x 2015 sales). Tesla is undervalued if it is anything OTHER than an ICE automotive company. The more the Street figures out that Tesla is an energy management company growing at 70% per year, the higher the stock price will go.

You mean Andrea James?

I'd agree. I think she has quite a fanclub over here and not because she is a fangirl, but beacuse she does her research, visited Tesla a number of times, asks intelligent questions at the CCs and her predictions and analysys have usually proved right over the past few years.

Her analysis not predictions is what strikes me about her, coupled with questions at CC. Thanks for the correction , it's James.

Tesla is overvalued if it was an ICE automotive company (Market cap around 5x 2015 sales). Tesla is undervalued if it is anything OTHER than an ICE automotive company. The more the Street figures out that Tesla is an energy management company growing at 70% per year, the higher the stock price will go.

Hogfighter, the way I look at it, Tesla is not even close to overvalued for a company with a very high probability of 50% annual growth for at least the next decade. In large part the group that tries to pass off as common sense that "Tesla is overvalued" either completely ignore or try to undermine as "cultish" irrational faith that there is extremely rare high visibility to such long term outstanding growth. Indeed, usually you would need some kind of magical thinking or faith to believe in such high levels of growth for so long, but Tesla has extraordinary moats around the stellar long-term growth of its business, and to me the "can't justify the value" marketers, sound as disingenuous as someone in 1993 trying to sell a narrative that Shaquille O'Neal will never make it in the NBA given his free throw shooting while ignoring everything else that jumped out about the 7'1" 320 pound big Shaq.

I apologize if it has already been mentioned, but did anyone notice the map for the planned 2016 installations of SuperCharger stations has recently had a large 'logo symbol' placed over the top of most of the country....? Is this suggesting that there may be a major 2016 SuperCharger announcement in the near future....? Perhaps stores that are deploying battery/solar may be teaming up with Tesla to add charging stations as well?

I apologize if it has already been mentioned, but did anyone notice the map for the planned 2016 installations of SuperCharger stations has recently had a large 'logo symbol' placed over the top of most of the country....? Is this suggesting that there may be a major 2016 SuperCharger announcement in the near future....? Perhaps stores that are deploying battery/solar may be teaming up with Tesla to add charging stations as well?

Looks the same as it always has to me, or am I misunderstanding what you are referring to?
Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 16.04.00.png

Analyst Recommendation 5/11 - Adam Jonas in da Club !

Hi guys, I finally got MS on my ANR radar for TSLA...probably someone at MS did receive my request after more than a year or so and thought to make AJ's PTs visible for me :biggrin:. (the EVA Dimension analyst seems to be kind of "overexcited")
Have a look at the 6 month avg. PT chart vs. price movement...
EDIT --- and the 5 year chart...(the yellow line represents the avg PT)

Attachments

• TSLA_ANR_05 11.bmp
    379.8 KB · Views: 682
  • TSLA_ANR_PT chart 6M_05 11.bmp
    379.8 KB · Views: 647
  • TSLA_ANR_PT chart 5Y_05 11.bmp
    379.8 KB · Views: 629
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.