Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who don't leave the investor forum, someone posted a picture of an AutoCAD rendering of part of the Model X beta - however it has since been removed by doug at the request of Tesla. Here is a post from the original poster: Where is the Model X Test Mule? Is there one? - Page 10

Info includes removal of nose cone from final design and battery size will stay at 60 and 85 and efficiency increases will go toward weight savings and not higher capacity.

The picture itself didn't reveal much.

For those who don't leave the investor forum, someone posted a picture of an AutoCAD rendering of part of the Model X beta - however it has since been removed by doug at the request of Tesla. Here is a post from the original poster: Where is the Model X Test Mule? Is there one? - Page 10

Info includes removal of nose cone from final design and battery size will stay at 60 and 85 and efficiency increases will go toward weight savings and not higher capacity.

Thx Mike. Seems legit - with Tesla's reaction and all. So 60 and 85 but almost 20% lighter (ans smaller?) battery, no nosecone.

So we are talking about at least 200 lb weight reduction (1320 x 20% - keeping the same pack enclosure). If true, Tesla will surely release it for Model S too adding a bit more efficiency.

So we are talking about at least 200 lb weight reduction (1320 x 20% - keeping the same pack enclosure). If true, Tesla will surely release it for Model S too adding a bit more efficiency.

Assume the X v.s. S pack has the exact same dimensions. With the new X cells you get 20% reduction in weigt hence likely 20% less volume. So there would be air or in the battery packs. Which means it would be fairly easy to make 105-110 pack with these cells right? Perhaps it will be an option. An S after a swap getting an X 85kWh battery would be able to get even better mileage?

Increased range for Model S is exciting, but don't hold your breathe on that. Elon tweeted 12/25/14: "Should mention that a battery pack upgrade is not coming soon for the Model S, but it obviously *will* happen long-term."

Increased range for Model S is exciting, but don't hold your breathe on that. Elon tweeted 12/25/14: "Should mention that a battery pack upgrade is not coming soon for the Model S, but it obviously *will* happen long-term."
My point was more towards new cars and not upgrades. Overtime, upgrades will also come as Elon mentioned.

This is a good enough reason to release details of Model X as late as possible.

Don't count on what the person in that thread stated as being accurate. Some of what he claimed doesn't make any sense, as is being discussed in that thread.

I was able to see the CAD rendering before it was taken down.

I noticed that the 2nd row had 3 seats, and that the middle seat was a different color than the outboard seats.

This is the biggest product news I've seen for Tesla since the P85D launch, which probably explains the lackluster action on TSLA price.

With the Q4 earnings report probably another miss on deliveries, I'm feeling a bit uneasy.

I'm bullish on TSLA long term and I'm holding a lot stock, but my short term calls don't look so good. What are you guys seeing in terms of short term news that would provide upside for the stock? Model X reveal?

With the Q4 earnings report probably another miss on deliveries, I'm feeling a bit uneasy.

I'm bullish on TSLA long term and I'm holding a lot stock, but my short term calls don't look so good. What are you guys seeing in terms of short term news that would provide upside for the stock? Model X reveal?

I fully expect some event news next week at NAIAS (Tuesday press day) and Elon at Auto Conf on Tuesday. I'd would be shocked if production intent versions of Model X wasn't revealed. Also, Franz suggested a long time ago that Model 3 could be shown at this Detroit show. Well, that day has arrived... No time like the present. The stock has tanked largely due to the oil collapse. No long term shareholders or TM employees are happy right now with respect to the stock price. Again, with tesla bringing a bunch of execs to the show and throwing a party, it would be beyond belief to me for TM not to reveal their "latest stuff".

Wow.. unreal... I can't believe I am reading this... This is classic "in-denial" statement. I am long a truckload of TSLA stock but I can't believe we're still "in-denial" phase. When the stock bottommed, typically everyone throwing the towel, defeated. This kind of statement could mean more downside and washout in the short-term.. I hope you wishful thinking are right though. Perhaps if SpaceX falcon launch/landing successful, and Dragon ISS Supply mission successful, Mr Musk will be in a good mood and TSLA can get lifted up..

I fully expect some event news next week at NAIAS (Tuesday press day) and Elon at Auto Conf on Tuesday. I'd would be shocked if production intent versions of Model X wasn't revealed. Also, Franz suggested a long time ago that Model 3 could be shown at this Detroit show. Well, that day has arrived... No time like the present. The stock has tanked largely due to the oil collapse. No long term shareholders or TM employees are happy right now with respect to the stock price. Again, with tesla bringing a bunch of execs to the show and throwing a party, it would be beyond belief to me for TM not to reveal their "latest stuff".

Wow.. unreal... I can't believe I am reading this... This is classic "in-denial" statement. I am long a truckload of TSLA stock but I can't believe we're still "in-denial" phase. When the stock bottommed, typically everyone throwing the towel, defeated. This kind of statement could mean more downside and washout in the short-term.. I hope you wishful thinking are right though. Perhaps if SpaceX falcon launch/landing successful, and Dragon ISS Supply mission successful, Mr Musk will be in a good mood and TSLA can get lifted up..

I dont understand what you mean...

regardless, news just broke that GM is revealing THEIR model 3 on Monday (the "Bolt"). 200 mile range $30k

WSJ: GM to release the $30,000 Chevy Bolt electric vehicle in 2017

so, back to my post... Yes I'd like to see reveals from Tesla

Maknyuzz, do you still think the stock will hit $7 in 7 weeks? You sound like an operative for shorts. Knock it off with the psycho FUD.

Maknyuzz, do you still think the stock will hit $7 in 7 weeks? You sound like an operative for shorts. Knock it off with the psycho FUD.

I like how there's an influx of FUD generators. The strategies are the same. The mentions of significant long term holding. The agreement to some statement and then the twist. The "But..."

BTW, I notice they mostly have around 50 posts. I have to dig into their comment history to see if they are legit or not. If you are, I apologize here first. But the fact that they have 50. Means bot generated account. Getting smarter now.

I am the ultimate positive FUD generator. My appeareance on this forum is usually connected to a reversal (only 99.99999999999% of the time) My presence will smite you back to the darkness you come from. Take that you negative FUDsters.

What FUD? This forum is so sensitive to anything negative. Why don't we rename the forum title to: "Praise and Worship Tesla 2015"? I missed the old Tesla forum members in 2013. luvb2b, sleepyhead, DaveT. More open minded. All I read these days are FUD FUD, and more FUD.

Tesla went from 260 to 192 in a mere 2 weeks. If you are a bit open minded and read my message, what I meant was Tesla lost 70 pts in 10 trading days. If those were to continue we would be $7 in 7 weeks, or simply it was oversold at 190-200. Heck, if TSLA went to $7 in 7 weeks, and no fundamentals changed, I would sell all my possession and buy every shares I could.

All I was saying about FredTMC was that he was so wishful thinking about Model X or Model 3 preview. I hope it's true, now that GM has just revealed the Bolt.. But his writing sounded wishful thinking and in denial. And all you can say is FUD FUD FUD.

Status
Not open for further replies.