Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wall Street real estate section published article titled High-End Malls Get Boost from High-Tech Stores. One of the main examples in the article is a suburban Seattle Tesla store at Bellevue Square. The 1,800 square foot store produced a whopping $5,500 per square foot sales in the month of January. This works out to a total one month sales of $9.9M, or, at a $110K ASP, about 90 cars! Looks like TM does enjoy an uptick in NA sales. Just for reference, although not all stores might be as successful as the Bellevue Store, but the current total count of the NA stores stands at 72.

I've heard similar unsubstantiated things from tesla employees before. They're not always true. Not everyone knows everything and store employees can have inaccurate information or be involved in rumors. So grain of salt on this until we get a bit more info I'd say.

Id be interested in how they manage this if it does happen. Like, what are they improving to get such a jump in time. Also, note the Porsche 918, at 875k, has a manufacturer 0-60 of 2.5 seconds. Mclaren p1 claims 2.7. The laferrari does not seem to have a manufacturer number I can find, but I've seen some claims as high as 2.9. If tesla can beat the million dollar Enzo successor in a sprint with a 7 passenger sedan I will be quite amused.

Last edited:
I wonder if there are three modes: sport, insane, inadvisable! It may be that the P85D is limited to 3.2 seconds because to go faster is hazardous to the longterm performance of the vehicle, health of occupants, or the mental health of lawyers at Tesla. Or maybe its just a matter of harmonizing the dual motors. Even so, software enhancements to autopilot could overcome these issues.

I expect other performance automakers to try to compete along this dimension with their gasmobiles. The P85D will be the car to beat with anything you've got. Just when one of these makers pulls out a new trick, Tesla releases the inadvisable mode button.

Last edited:
Hi there, just an update where we stand with PTs.
Credit Suisse and Pacific Crest Sec are reiterating their PTs. On the other hand, Ryan Brinkman at JPM is as usual quite pessimistic. He even reduced his previous PT from $190 to $180 but I guess you've heard about this already. Otherwise, on streetinsider.com you can read his arguments which are focused almost exclusively on cheap oil.

Attachments

• TSLA_ANR.bmp
    379.8 KB · Views: 539
Credit Suisse and Pacific Crest Sec are reiterating their PTs. On the other hand, Ryan Brinkman at JPM is as usual quite pessimistic. He even reduced his previous PT from $190 to $180 but I guess you've heard about this already. Otherwise, on streetinsider.com you can read his arguments which are focused almost exclusively on cheap oil.

Thank you as always for these updates, Derek -- please keep them coming!

Market is preoccupied with Apple today. At the moment, Apple is one of the main reasons the market is up. Very low volume.

Also, oil being down 3%. Thought Tesla had finally decoupled from Oil. I guess some investors still believe demand for Tesla is dependant on $5 gasoline. Sheesh.

Are you ignoring Adam J? (not that there's anything wrong with that...)

Status
Not open for further replies.