Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy s**t that was huge! Scalable energy storage...if I'm a utility company I'm finding a way to get in on this...hard for me to think wall street wont understand how much of a game changer this is...hoping for a massive squeeze, if not tomorrow then earnings report...This is Tesla entering energy in a BIG BIG way!

I wish we knew a little more about the battery supply. What is their production capacity? I think it is safe to say they will have a reservation backlog (no money down, I wish they were taking $500 or something to make it a little more serious).

Gigafactory #1. I think that hint is meant for the near-term, not the long-term...

I wondered if Elon meant that Tesla will help others build GFs for manufacturing of batteries. With 2 billion 1GWh packs required, there's plenty of money to be made.

When he was showing the blue patch of solar required for covering US demand, I thought Elon might announce that Tesla was in the midst of building this solar farm and entering the generation business.

There's a lot more in that box besides a battery. Look at the incremental price of 7 kWh to 10 kWh: $500. That's $167/kWh for the battery. That's a very big deal when you think about the commercial and grid batteries, where the non-battery component costs will be a smaller portion of the total.

You don't think there's any cost differential for "daily cycle" (the 7 kWh set) cells vs. "weekly cycle" (the 10kWh set) cells?

I'm curious to the distinction and how you'd configure....would you configure like 3 weeklies and one daily? Or?

There's a lot more in that box besides a battery. Look at the incremental price of 7 kWh to 10 kWh: $500. That's $167/kWh for the battery. That's a very big deal when you think about the commercial and grid batteries, where the non-battery component costs will be a smaller portion of the total.

Yep, but it is missing the bidirectional inverter. I guess it may be more economical to let that be a separate component to integrate with the inverters in solar systems.

After reading the press kit and seeing the presentations, it is now clear what was on Elon's mind when he made his statement that Tesla has potential to become bigger in market cap than Apple.

The pricing mentioned tonight also shows that Model 3 economics will work, Tesla already has the battery cost issue solved.

Holy s**t that was huge! Scalable energy storage...if I'm a utility company I'm finding a way to get in on this...hard for me to think wall street wont understand how much of a game changer this is...hoping for a massive squeeze, if not tomorrow then earnings report...This is Tesla entering energy in a BIG BIG way!

Or even better- get out of the Utility business

After reading the press kit and seeing the presentations, it is now clear what was on Elon's mind when he made his statement that Tesla has potential to become bigger in market cap than Apple.

The pricing mentioned tonight also shows that Model 3 economics will work, Tesla already has the battery cost issue solved.

Agreed. Clearly Panasonic stepped up production: This summer home owners can purchase 9 power walls (90 kWh) which is more storage than the Model S. So, the cell production and sales will be much great than the 55,000 Model S' and X's.

Ok guys, how about all of us get the Tesla Stationary Storage battery with our profits from Tomorrow? :tongue:

Also, looks like I struck gold with EnerNoc (ENOC). I wonder how $TSLA, $SCTY, $SEDG (SolarEdge), $AMZN (Amazon), $TGT (Target), $ENOC, and $AES will react tomorrow.

I'm guessing the easy scalability is the reason for the inverter not being built in. Why have 10 different inverters when the batteries will all hook into one?

Yes, they leave that part to the system integrators to solve by offering an inverter that matches the specific customer application.

I noticed that a PowerWall module has a DC voltage range of 350-450 V. Same as our model-S battery. To me this looks a setup to allow direct DC fast charge and (much more important) to prepare the setup for our Model-S to also connect into the inverter for Vehicle to (micro-) grid power back-up. Would be the true last missing piece !

Yes, they leave that part to the system integrators to solve by offering an inverter that matches the specific customer application.

I noticed that a PowerWall module has a DC voltage range of 350-450 V. Same as our model-S battery. To me this looks a setup to allow direct DC fast charge and (much more important) to prepare the setup for our Model-S to also connect into the inverter for Vehicle to (micro-) grid power back-up. Would be the true last missing piece !

This is such a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.