Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When it becomes abvious that SolarCity is not a cash burning nightmare and the Powerwalls und PowerPacks get shipped in numbers, than the SP will go ballistic .. So when go in? before O4 conference call or Q1 2017 CC that's the million dollar question ... Hmmm

Unless the bear thesis is that Elon and co. are lying directly to investor's faces and committing a crime in doing so, we've already been told that SCTY is expected to be cashflow neutral to slightly positive in 4Q16 if merger succeeds.

Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
As a long-time investor in AAPL (thankfully, profitably) I experienced many BLOWOUT quarters when the stock moved only a few percent the next day. It could take days and even weeks for the market to properly adjust. I'm not smart enough to sift through all the competing reasons for this, but I learned the hard way one real truth: patience is the first virtue of an investor.

Unless the bear thesis is that Elon and co. are lying directly to investor's faces and committing a crime in doing so, we've already been told that SCTY is expected to be cashflow neutral to slightly positive in 4Q16 if merger succeeds.
Additionally: Elon and Wheeler weren't talking about that with any inflection in their voices that suggested that they have any doubt the merger succeeds. They're quite confident its a done deal and the shareholder vote is merely a formality at this point.

It is rather amazing. Some analysts are even saying that Tesla didn't spend enough on capex because it was trying to make its cash look good. Whereas on the call Elon's said their initial capex estimates were too conservative and they now expect to spend less on capex. Those analysts might as well call Elon a liar, and there is zero evidence that he does that.

Anyways, the call sounded like a bunch of analysts who were still nursing a grudge against the surprise SCTY acquisition. At least Elon got off a zinger. When one of them started asking about Greenhouse Gas credits, Elon cut him off and said, "that's mouse nuts".

I think we'll be under $200 again within the next few days. It is has been quite a long time since good news had any meaningful impact and I doubt this will be any different. Perhaps things might improve after the merger vote.

The Nile is not just a river in Egypt.

Seriously, this is definitely a classic case of throwing good money after bad.

Here is interesting possibility. Fidelity is the largest TSLA share owner, ostensibly because they are on board with the long term bullish view on the company. As the largest single shareholder they are also potentially the largest lender of TSLA shares to short sellers as well.

So after the Q3 ER, with all signs pointing that Tesla is maturing operationally, increasing efficiency of manufacturing and operations at a very healthy pace, all the while demonstrating enormous market opportunities that they are going after, Fidelity decides to increase their stake. Dumping shares into the securities landing for short sellers is a win-win for them: they increase their position at a lower average buy-in price and securing nice "dividend stream" provided by shorts on the shares they hold. What's not to like??

Here is interesting possibility. Fidelity is the largest TSLA share owner, ostensibly because they are on board with the long term bullish view on the company. As the largest single shareholder they are also potentially the largest lender of TSLA shares to short sellers as well.

So after the Q3 ER, with all signs pointing that Tesla is maturing operationally, increasing efficiency of manufacturing and operations at a very healthy pace, all the while demonstrating enormous market opportunities that they are going after, Fidelity decides to increase their stake. Dumping shares into the securities landing for short sellers is a win-win for them: they increase their position at a lower average buy-in price and securing nice "dividend stream" provided by shorts on the shares they hold. What's not to like??

So your thesis is that there is some numbers of shares held by Fidelity that until now they have not been lending to short sellers that they have now "released" for lending?

You been pretty bullish. Why didn't you max out under 200? It's been screaming buy under 200 for couple of weeks especially if you believe any of the bulls here. I bought more under 200 because of you! Just curious.
IIRC,TrendTrade007 previously claimed to be 120% long. Hopefully he didn't buy a few thousand shares again at $210.72.

Love you cult members
People versus Uber ---->>>>-- Neural network. ------>>>>. Buy
Dreadnaught version one point 0

The guy is tantalizing

I still don't really get the 'people v Uber' quote. Both TN and Uber are really just providing the software to arrange transportation. Is EM thinking into the future when Uber has a huge autonomous fleet while TN has a fleet made up of individual owners?

• Funny
Reactions: callmesam
I still don't really get the 'people v Uber' quote. Both TN and Uber are really just providing the software to arrange transportation. Is EM thinking into the future when Uber has a huge autonomous fleet while TN has a fleet made up of individual owners?

From a other forum

The Hillsborough Area Regional Transit Authority announced it is partnering with electric car maker Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) to create an Uber-esque ride hailing service for transit users.

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay...artners-with-hillsborough-transit-agency.html

It's an interesting idea to partner up whith local communities to solve the self driving thing, after all they know best what they need

Status
Not open for further replies.