Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
King of Prussia: adding to Vgrinsphun: line before opening was 200-300 deep. Now, 4 hours later the line stays about 30-40 people!

Devon: probably 200 to start....after about two hours the line is now a trickle

If the data about people in line is accurate, Tesla may have received deposits for more than 100,000 vehicles from people waiting in line, who have not seen the vehicle. Beginning to think 100,000 was far too conservative a figure. Elon's comment about being inspired by interest in the Model 3 is very interesting.

What will Elon's token gift to those in line be?

A) Free Battery storage
B) $1000 off the final purchase price.
C) A ton of Tesla merchandise.
D) An invitation to a party hosted by Elon.

Or something else altogether?

A tesla t-shirt

Reactions: Lessmog
Translation please? Even Google doesn't work.o_O

Try Q.E.D. My memory after 64 years is faulty. According to wikipedia, "quod erat demonstrandum, meaning "which is what had to be proven". I stand corrected. Thank you. But maybe you math geniuses can correct them if my memory was correct or there is some controversy over the exact translation of an extinct language, except for lawyers and medical practioners. (Nearly dead professors, too.)

If the data about people in line is accurate, Tesla may have received deposits for more than 100,000 vehicles from people waiting in line, who have not seen the vehicle. Beginning to think 100,000 was far too conservative a figure. Elon's comment about being inspired by interest in the Model 3 is very interesting.

What will Elon's token gift to those in line be?

A) Free Battery storage
B) $1000 off the final purchase price.
C) A ton of Tesla merchandise.
D) An invitation to a party hosted by Elon.

Or something else altogether?

Some cheap merchandise I hope. No discounts please

Reactions: Wenche
Musk has explicitly stated multiple times that his goal is to move the entire auto industry to BEV as soon as possible. As a TSLA investor I agree that it may not be in the best interest of the share price, but don't forget what Musk is trying to do goes well beyond TSLA valuation.

He has also stated explicitly that his tactic is to force them to compete with Tesla by making compelling products at ever more affordable price points to force other makers to compete otherwise Tesla will take their customers and put them out of business.

Make no mistake, Musk is not operating a charity and seeking to help large polluting industries to damage Tesla or limit Tesla's opportunity to grow or to take Tesla's market share downwards in any way at all. Only to stop pouring resources into internal combustion engines because its fruitless and start adding to the worlds supply of EVs instead.

You are probably confused by Musk's promise to allow the use of Tesla's patents in good faith. This was not to damage Tesla either. Not only is this a great defese against getting Tesla sued for patent infringement because that would obviously be bad faith and Tesla would most likely have an instant and more weighty patent infringement counter-suit ready for anyone that brought such a case - but also it subtly causes the future of the auto industry a much higher probability of evolving around Tesla's lead in setting industry standards. Essentially creating Tesla Gigafactory and OTA network compatible customers more likely than not out of any EV project that succeeds.

It is also the case that any ICE company that uses Tesla's technology to accelerate an EV program is hastening the implosion of ICE production. Which is Musk's objective. These patents are a poisoned pill sent to destroy ICE competitors. They were also released ten years after Tesla's founding meaning that any new competitor has a decade of catch up with Tesla that is if anything accelerating away from the competition both existing and startup and the startups would be well advised to ask Tesla for batteries rather than to start from scratch with that too.

LOL -

iPhone SE Launch Day Overshadowed by Tesla Model 3

...In fact, the launch of the iPhone SE was arguably overshadowed by Model 3 reservations, which began today at Tesla stores and galleries, some of which are located directly adjacent to or within close proximity to Apple retail stores.

At the Tesla store in the Bellevue, Washington shopping mall pictured below, for example, the queue at around 10:30 a.m. local time was significantly longer than many of those outside of Apple Stores today....

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Seems too safe IMO. Geography alone (difficulty in getting to a store without traveling too far) would easily take care of x2-4 IMO. Then you have all those interested and willing, just not THAT interested that they'll take some of their (valuable) time to physically stand in line. Then those who want to see it before reserving. Then you have all those who will learn about M3 by reading about and seeing pictures of people standing in line. Then you have all of those who will learn about the future existence of M3 for the first time tomorrow, together with pictures of the car and basic specs.
I agree. The online ordering could be very high. 250,000 total is my low end estimate, my high end is at 7 digits. If everyone is well educated, one third of the 80 million vehicle sales would go to model 3. It's a compelling product.

Check out Kimbal Musk's Twitter account. Hundreds of people in line at the store in Park Meadows Colorado.

Imagine what demand will be once the vehicle has been unveiled. :)

Google analysts search interest for Tesla Motors over past 24 hours by country.

1) Norway
2) Slovenia
3) United States
4) Czech Republic
5) Canada
6) Switzerland
7) Slovakia
8) Denmark
9) Croatia
10) Sweden

If demand in the USA is this high, imagine how high it is in Norway and Slovenia.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drax7
Received the following e-mail from a friend:

image.png

Received the following e-mail from a friend:

View attachment 169653

That is awesome! I am so happy for Elon today. This is a big step in the realization of his vision for the future of EVs.

I'm also happy for all the Tesla employees and for all of us hoping for a future where EVs replace the outdated ICE.

Back on topic - we're going to see a number of really big days for the stock price.

Status
Not open for further replies.