Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I be concerned if the 'brake' icon lights up initially then turns off after about a minute?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my Model 3 and have noticed this behavior a few times. Also get a "windshield wiper fluid low" message that eventually goes away as well. Could it be related to the 110 degree + heat?

Attachments

• IMG_1638.JPG
    IMG_1638.JPG
    593.1 KB · Views: 132
My service center had me do a hard reboot (both scroll wheels depressed while holding brake pedal down until Tesla logo appears on screen). They then had me turn power off on the screen and wait two minutes before doing anything in the car (any action such as opening a door will wake the car up). This stopped the regular occurrence but I have had it repeat once since. I’m pretty sure mine is software related but I would call the service center if I were you and note this. They will probably have you do something similar.

I took delivery July 3rd and about a week ago saw the exact same issues. Sometimes the brake light goes out after a few seconds as it is supposed to do and other times it takes a minute or so. The red washer fluid light does the same thing, comes on and then randomly goes out and it is definitely full and washer does work. Looks like we are all in the same boat for now but I'll call service too. Thanks.