TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Should I be concerned if the 'brake' icon lights up initially then turns off after about a minute?

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by monarck, Jul 7, 2018.

1. monarck

monarck Member

Just picked up my Model 3 and have noticed this behavior a few times. Also get a "windshield wiper fluid low" message that eventually goes away as well. Could it be related to the 110 degree + heat?

Attached Files:

2. swaltner

swaltner Member

Red Brake Warning Light Stays On says this is a known software defect that will be corrected in a future software update.

Personally, I would call Tesla Roadside Assistance to have them check out the car and verify that the alert isn’t a problem. It also gives Tesla the benefit of knowing how widespread the issue is, because it is happening on multiple cars.

3. 9erDog

9erDog Member

My service center had me do a hard reboot (both scroll wheels depressed while holding brake pedal down until Tesla logo appears on screen). They then had me turn power off on the screen and wait two minutes before doing anything in the car (any action such as opening a door will wake the car up). This stopped the regular occurrence but I have had it repeat once since. I’m pretty sure mine is software related but I would call the service center if I were you and note this. They will probably have you do something similar.

4. monarck

monarck Member

Hmm... tried the reboot and no luck. Called Tesla and someone's supposed to be calling me tomorrow to help diagnose the issue.

5. 9erDog

9erDog Member

Hope you get it resolved quickly. Please come back here and let us know what resolves it.

6. monarck

monarck Member

Ok just got back from the service center. Fluids were all topped off and they said the issue is a firmware issue that should be resolved in an update soon. Thanks everyone!

7. 9erDog

9erDog Member

Glad to hear it worked out. Hope the update clears this for everyone. Mine has not recurred yet.

8. LadyMacbrat

LadyMacbrat Member

Me too but has since gone away...at least for the moment

9. Juanno

Juanno New Member

I took delivery July 3rd and about a week ago saw the exact same issues. Sometimes the brake light goes out after a few seconds as it is supposed to do and other times it takes a minute or so. The red washer fluid light does the same thing, comes on and then randomly goes out and it is definitely full and washer does work. Looks like we are all in the same boat for now but I'll call service too. Thanks.