Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I buy FSD before Nov 11, 2019, price hike? [Update: OP did not buy FSD]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6g on something that will likely not come to reality anytime soon along with all the regulatory obstacles in different states. O, not to mention depreciation. Your fsd will be worth a lot less by the time FSD becomes reality.
Like virtually everyone said before, invest the money and you'll be much better off.

Reactions: 4rjun
Hey yall
Just wanted an opinion of the crowd if I should get this FSD. I would be taking a loan out for it bc I don't have the money to buy it outright, so I'm not too sure if thats worth it. I'm only 20 and in my final year of school, so 6k is a lot of money for me. Let me know what you guys think, the loan is like 11% APR for 3 years 6700$ rn.

Adding to what others had already said, at your age there will be some bigger expense in life. I'd rather see you have an extra $7000 in 3 years and keep saving until you have enough for a downpayment on a condo. You're living in America where there are a lot of financial benefit for owning a home through mortgage. You might not feel like it now but you will thank yourself in 10 years for buying early.

If you happen to get a great job that pays well after you graduate, you can then decide to buy FSD after it goes up in price. If you buy it now you'll be paying an extra $1000 in interest anyways for a product that isn't ready.

Reactions: duanra and 4rjun
Hey yall
Just wanted an opinion of the crowd if I should get this FSD. I would be taking a loan out for it bc I don't have the money to buy it outright, so I'm not too sure if thats worth it. I'm only 20 and in my final year of school, so 6k is a lot of money for me. Let me know what you guys think, the loan is like 11% APR for 3 years 6700$ rn.
jesus no

Hey yall

The ONLY part about your post that I disagree with is the 11% interest rate.

Now...if the interest rate was 0%.....would I agree with you buying FSD?

It all depends on the other circumstances in your life that come about. You are in your last year of college - which means that you don't have a job yet.... hmmmm…. wait a min....

You don't have a job yet and someone is willing to give you a loan? Who are these people?

And now I see that you are going to med school? Who are these people?

The first post stated, "...I'm only 20 and in my final year of school..."

The story shifts with post #30..."Guess I'll have to wait a few more years as I won't have a job for another 7-8 years till I finish med school/residency."

Anyone else smell fish?

• Funny
The first post stated, "...I'm only 20 and in my final year of school..."

The story shifts with post #30..."Guess I'll have to wait a few more years as I won't have a job for another 7-8 years till I finish med school/residency."

Anyone else smell fish?
I'm finishing up undergraduate this year, taking a gap year with research and matriculating in medical school with the class of 2025 (hopefully)... the pathway of 80% of the doctors lol

Reactions: tvad
The ONLY part about your post that I disagree with is the 11% interest rate.

Now...if the interest rate was 0%.....would I agree with you buying FSD?

It all depends on the other circumstances in your life that come about. You are in your last year of college - which means that you don't have a job yet.... hmmmm…. wait a min....

You don't have a job yet and someone is willing to give you a loan? Who are these people?

And now I see that you are going to med school? Who are these people?

Yeah I've gotten a decent enough credit score (~740) bc my car and my dads car being under my name. I get money from a stipend/scribing/parents(the majority), which would allow me to be approved from the loan myself.