Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I get an Inventory 90D or a new 75D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I am planning on getting a new car. There are some nice discounts on the 90D (with AP2). However, I am not sure if I should just order a new 75D. My main thoughts about a new 75D is that it would come with the new AP2.5 HW. However, the extra range on the 90D plus premium package sounds enticing as well.

Let me know your thoughts!

If the 90D has the specs you want at the same price or less as the 75D, I would go with 90D. Both AP2 and 2.1/2.5 will have FSD but you don't know when the hardware will be useful. Maybe 1-2 years? With a 90D, you'll enjoy the range benefit immediately.

I just had a 75D delivered and I would have chosen the 90D if it had the right options and priced comparatively.

Besides AP 2.5 HW, you may also miss out on some of the new Model 3 tech that should be integrated into S/X shortly, like Bluetooth and NFC keys as well as an upgraded CPU. Is there a way to tell whether the inventory cars that come with PUP come with everything that's bundled with the "new" PUP (upgraded audio, cold weather, towing), or is it the "old" PUP that was basically just the HEPA and auto presenting doors?

The 90D will likely not have the same PUP as current. At least the ones we looked at last week did not. It says PUP but what's included is different. Check with the Tesla employee on what's included exactly.

I decided to go with 75D from new inventory. It was produced in July 2017 and the PUP has everything current one does except subzero package and upgraded sound.

The 90D's they showed me would've been at least $5000 more and in my case did not have the colors and combination of options I wanted.

I'm pretty happy with my 90D a few weeks in. The in stock 90D came with the exact specs I wanted (color, white seats, tow package, enhanced autopilot, PUP, sound upgrade, heated seats). I would not trade it for a 75D for the same price with autopilot 2.5.

For several reasons I believe Tesla will ultimately deliver on full self driving for enhanced autopilot as promised.

The only thing id change about my car is the battery but I'd be going the other way with the 100, not the 75.