Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Signature SV501s in Brushed Bronze Tinted. 21x10 with 275/40/21 Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 all around. Max concavity, I think the offsets are like +26/+12. Car is on stock very low.

37019816116372134096.jpg

I have n2itive lowering links and rear camber arms to put on and will probably shave off another inch or so in ride height.

Oh and pardon the lower trim being all dirty. Car was in hibernation for almost 3 months!

Last edited:
Signature SV501s in Brushed Bronze Tinted. 21x10 with 275/40/21 Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 all around. Max concavity, I think the offsets are like +26/+12. Car is on stock very low.

37019816116372134096.jpg

I have n2itive lowering links and rear camber arms to put on and will probably shave off another inch or so in ride height.

Oh and pardon the lower trim being all dirty. Car was in hibernation for almost 3 months!
Lookin good! :cool:

About the N2ITIVE links, FYI for me a difference of about 5-6mm made the front/rear gap even. Currently running -2 Front / -8 Rear ✅

Lookin good! :cool:

About the N2ITIVE links, FYI for me a difference of about 5-6mm made the front/rear gap even. Currently running -2 Front / -8 Rear ✅

I'm going to assume my Blox Racing lowering links (which you have to measure with a micrometer) and your much nicer (and more expensive) N2itive links (calibrated like a caliper) are going to be relatively similar. They recommend adding no more than 8 mm over stock length, a limitation of the vehicle, not the links, or the link hits the sensor when jacked up.

My front is +6/9 and rear +8/9 (nearly maxed out), so a difference of 2 (front to back) compared to your 6. I'm considering raising my front 2 mm to +4 prior to my next alignment in 5,000 miles for the same reason as you, improving ride harshness, and making the spacing more even front to back. +2 mm on my links equates roughly to 9 mm or 3/8" more over the wheel.

I'm testing a 3d printed tool that replaces the wheel hub, and makes measuring wheel-to-arch much more accurate. I saw UPP use a similar device in a recent YT video and created one myself, not because measuring from center of wheel to wheel arch wasn't accurate enough, but because it looked like a fun challenge. When finished, I'll post it on the usual 3d printing sites for anyone to print.

1717448961531.png

Last edited:

Tried your settings at 2 front and 8 rear on my N2itive links.

Here's "Low". TBH I'm shocked at how much of a gap difference there is front to to back even with such a big diff on the links. The front looks about perfect. I wish the rear was down just a tad more. But who knows, it could be the driveway or what the car thought it need to adjust too.
69521598037383653838.jpg

For giggles, here is "Very Low" at 2 front and 8 rear. IMO the front is way to low (for driving). Rear is as low as I'd ever want to go if i was gonna drive in that height.
62316608505141196169.jpg

I've got a scheduled alignment for tomorrow and then gonna see how I feel in a couple weeks if I wanna dork with the settings anymore. It did kinda trigger my OCD that the wheel gaps weren't the same right to left. Dunno if I have the energy to micro fine tune the links though, I think I'll try to just focus to make sure that I like the front to back gap/rake on each side.

And yes, I made sure to drive the car back and forth a bit on my driveway after each suspension setting change so as to make sure it was all settled. My neighors must think I'm crazy. 🤣

• Informative
Reactions: NJturtlePower

Here's "Low". TBH I'm shocked at how much of a gap difference there is front to to back even with such a big diff on the links. The front looks about perfect. I wish the rear was down just a tad more. But who knows, it could be the driveway or what the car thought it need to adjust too.
69521598037383653838.jpg

For giggles, here is "Very Low" at 2 front and 8 rear. IMO the front is way to low (for driving). Rear is as low as I'd ever want to go if i was gonna drive in that height.
62316608505141196169.jpg

I've got a scheduled alignment for tomorrow and then gonna see how I feel in a couple weeks if I wanna dork with the settings anymore. It did kinda trigger my OCD that the wheel gaps weren't the same right to left. Dunno if I have the energy to micro fine tune the links though, I think I'll try to just focus to make sure that I like the front to back gap/rake on each side.

And yes, I made sure to drive the car back and forth a bit on my driveway after each suspension setting change so as to make sure it was all settled. My neighors must think I'm crazy. 🤣
Can you take some pics on even pavement?
I was thinking about going -8 all around

69521598037383653838.jpg

62316608505141196169.jpg

Not much of a difference IMO, but interesting how it looks much closer in Very Low vs Low. Plus consider it may settle with passengers in the back or cargo.

I usually only use Very Low for show parking, but I’ve toggled it on the highways as well, you for sure feel the extra stiffness and “hop” but not terrible.

Can you take some pics on even pavement?
I was thinking about going -8 all around
-8 would rub and bottom out for sure with my or @Mike Hawk 's aftermarket setup, but might be ok with the more sunken OEM wheels or those with weaker offsets.

I noted a dramatic decline in comfort going even -5 in the front when I was on OEM wheels, for whatever reason the rear seems more flexible and compliant with height changes. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Not much of a difference IMO, but interesting how it looks much closer in Very Low vs Low. Plus consider it may settle with passengers in the back or cargo.

I usually only use Very Low for show parking, but I’ve toggled it on the highways as well, you for sure feel the extra stiffness and “hop” but not terrible.

-8 would rub and bottom out for sure with my or @Mike Hawk 's aftermarket setup, but might be ok with the more sunken OEM wheels or those with weaker offsets.

I noted a dramatic decline in comfort going even -5 in the front when I was on OEM wheels, for whatever reason the rear seems more flexible and compliant with height changes. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I started with max rear lowered, then on my first test drive put it in very low and it bottomed out 2 blocks later. Never put it in very low again, except once when parked to get a pic. Two weeks later I bumped up the rear by one (half inch more over the wheel) since the link was touching the sensor with the car jacked up and didn't want to push my luck. I'm cheap so have Blox Racing links, which you have to measure with a caliper. My rear is at 8/9 and front at 6/9. I'll probably bump the front up by two next time I get an alignment to make them more even. If I were to instead go four up (one inch), they'd be pretty close.