TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Shy or extremely Canadian auto lane-change

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by e-FTW, Nov 5, 2016.

1. e-FTW

e-FTW New electron smell

Since 8.0, I have noticed that Autopilot has become extremely reticent to make a lane change. My success rate is down to about 25%. It has become polite beyond recognition.
    I might not be patient enough, as after 5-10 seconds of waiting with the blinker on, I just take over and do it myself.
    This was definitely not the case in previous software iterations of the system. Same roads, same driver, same lane markings.

2. Chopr147

Chopr147 Active Member

Not really getting this on my S. Lane change works fine though slower than I would manually

3. mblakele

mblakele radial cross member

You described my experience with later builds of 7.1 perfectly. Since 8.0 auto lane-change has been much better for me.

I wonder if we're so close to the limits of what the AP(1) hardware can do that it's like a game of whack-a-mole? Tesla retrains to fix one set of problems, and then a new set of problems pops up in another area.

4. scottm

scottm Active Member

HEY! I'm Canadian and resemble that fact about your comments of politeness..

But I'm only mildly offended and now I'm sorry I even brought it up.

...carry on

• Funny x 4
  5. e-FTW

e-FTW New electron smell

I'm Canadian too, and am sorry I caused you to be sorry you brought up the fact that you were almost mildly offended.

• Funny x 2