Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta for legacy Model S/X with MCU1 (2022.8.10.8)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your eligibility will be known once you receive your safety score. At that point you will know if you truly have access to FSD.

The screen will look like this
Received my first score this morning (weird that it took overnight for it to show in the app). No issues with eligibility as far as I can see.

Attachments

• IMG_7153.jpg
    IMG_7153.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 114
Reactions: dbldwn02
Got the beta request button earlier this month.
Scheduled an appointment asking for new cameras (no invitation) and they ordered them and scheduled me for tomorrow.

Car is a mid-year 2016 P100D with FSD and MCU1 and I am in the beta testing queue (pushed the button a week ago)

Will KYP.
I'm in the same camp as you. Just got cameras upgraded...took a lot of arguing to get it them though since I didn't have invite.

I've had them for several days with no other updates. Useless FSD button pushed a week ago.

Thanks for coming to the thread and letting us know. If you could please keep up updated we would all greatly appreciate it.

I really hope you are one of the first lucky ones!
Quick update here: over 80 Safety Score (unfairly knocked for living on windy roads and for several bogus FCWs) and driven over 100mi on autopilot. No FSD Beta update. App does not show any notification about being “ineligible”. We’ll see what happens with holiday update. Actually looking forward more to AppleMusic access than FSDb lol hoping us MCU1 folks get that app.

Update: showed up to service appointment, but they could not install the cameras. I was told that they have not been “released for my VIN” and that if they installed them by autopilot would bug out.
I felt like arguing but they seemed very busy (no parking in parking lot, lots of customers) so I asked a few more questions and could not really get much clarity on what the actual reason was other than “software”
Also could not figure out if “cameras being released for my VIN” was an arbitrary decision or if it was based on parameters such as length of ownership, safety score, etc.
It was a 1 minute conversation and I left, sans cameras.

Update: showed up to service appointment, but they could not install the cameras. I was told that they have not been “released for my VIN” and that if they installed them by autopilot would bug out.
I felt like arguing but they seemed very busy (no parking in parking lot, lots of customers) so I asked a few more questions and could not really get much clarity on what the actual reason was other than “software”
Also could not figure out if “cameras being released for my VIN” was an arbitrary decision or if it was based on parameters such as length of ownership, safety score, etc.
There's nothing to stop them from installing them. It's either what they truly think or something they're telling you, so you go away.

Same thing they told me.

There's nothing to stop them from installing them. It's either what they truly think or something they're telling you, so you go away.
I’m a software developer and so I had a pretty good idea it was BS or just guidelines they were repeating, which is why I felt like arguing.
Ultimately I like that service center and it was so busy that I figured I’d wait - if my VIN hasn’t been cleared for FSD anyway, doing the camera upgrade now wouldn’t get it to me any faster.

Cross posting from the AI/Autopilot/FSD thread:

mcu1-to-fsd-png.889645

TeslaFi has spotted someone getting FSD Beta from 2022.8.10.8. Those who already had the correct RCCB cameras (@21five ?) or recently got them retrofitted (@CodemanCMC @dbldwn02 ?), did you get the FSD Beta update?
Not yet. Traveling but app not showing a pending software update download.

I’m suspect this could have been an upgraded MCU (upgrade to 2022.8.10.8, then get MCU replaced, then upgrade to 2022.44.25.5). Not sure exactly how that would show up on TeslaFi.

Reactions: dbldwn02
🎉 If you're downloading 2022.8.10.10 then you're getting FSD Beta 10.69.3.3!