Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker radio: song skips MCU2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my MS 2016 ungraded to MCU2. Occasionally with previous system a song would skip (halfway thorough or near the end). Now it does it most of the time which is really annoying. It’s not a connectivity problem because we know what that looks like (failure to load etc). Anyone else have this problem? It’s much worse with the upgrade!

Reactions: Ron Burgundy
I do the bug report every time it skips a song. I went to tesla and they did a diag on the MCU and everything and said it was all good to go, this was like 2 weeks ago and it hasn't happened since, but now that I've said that it'll skip when I leave work for lunch 😂

Capture.JPG

• Informative
I've been having this recently with my Model 3.

Sometimes it appears to be bandwidth issue where it will stop playing, buffer, and then it will start playing again.

Other times it just skips to another song halfway through.

I've had a Tesla since 2015, and in those 6 years with two different Tesla's its never been this bad.

I don't know if its a server side issue, SW issue, or local connectivity issue.

I'm thinking of getting a trial account with spotify, and trying that out.

I’ve had this “song skips part way through” issue for a while, maybe a year or so. No computer changes. 2018 LR Model 3. Over the past 3-4 months it’s getting much more frequent.

I also infrequently get a message something like “autopilot safety systems unavailable”. Will schedule service soon for both complaints.

I just update to MCU2 a couple of months back.
The skipping of songs (almost every 2nd to 3rd song btw - very annoying) and the internal error message or connectivity error message (with 4+ bars of signal strength) is getting old.
This did not happen with MCU1 - but then MCU1 had it's own problems.

Where is the fix?
Why it is not recognized by Tesla?
This appears to happening across all model lines.

The skipping songs is getting to be a real pain in the ass and it’s getting old fast. Both of my vehicles are MCU1 and they have both been getting progressively worse with skipping songs and connectivity issues with streaming music the past few months. Another issue is the vehicle(s) randomly log out of Tunein every few weeks.
I’m guessing nobody that works at Tesla actually drives a Tesla. If they did they would notice the issues, get frustrated with them like all Tesla owners do, and escalate the issues to get them fixed in a timely manner.

The skipping songs is getting to be a real pain in the ass and it’s getting old fast. Both of my vehicles are MCU1 and they have both been getting progressively worse with skipping songs and connectivity issues with streaming music the past few months. Another issue is the vehicle(s) randomly log out of Tunein every few weeks.
I’m guessing nobody that works at Tesla actually drives a Tesla. If they did they would notice the issues, get frustrated with them like all Tesla owners do, and escalate the issues to get them fixed in a timely manner.

It's broken on MCU2 also. Has been for a while..