Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Summon 2019.20.0.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the most egregious violation of the Early Access Program NDA that I've seen, complete with shameless self-promotion. Finally pushed me over the edge. I've reported it, as it also violates YouTube's terms of service agreement.

why do you want to get other people in trouble, we all want to see it. the guy is doing a legitimate testing of the software and give as a slight glimpse into the future. if he gets in trouble because Tesla found out themselves that is just nature taking its course. but it just hurts the community engagement when you go pro-actively reporting it. its a lose-lose situation for everyone

why do you want to get other people in trouble, we all want to see it. the guy is doing a legitimate testing of the software and give as a slight glimpse into the future. if he gets in trouble because Tesla found out themselves that is just nature taking its course. but it just hurts the community engagement when you go pro-actively reporting it. its a lose-lose situation for everyone

Know what else hurts the community? Giving some people “most favored nation” status and letting them gallivant around showing off the things that Tesla have decided to let them have and not others. An enforced division in the community: those customers who Tesla likes for whatever reason, and those who they see only as bank accounts. Elon has retweeted people showing off early access features before.

As long as these social media people show off only positive stuff, Tesla will not take action and will continue to bless them as we have seen in the past.

The ability of a person to do proper testing and to show discretion are not factors of note.

This is the most egregious violation of the Early Access Program NDA that I've seen, complete with shameless self-promotion. Finally pushed me over the edge. I've reported it, as it also violates YouTube's terms of service agreement.

I used to be really opposed to Early access people talking about unreleased features as I felt that was completely unfair to the Engineers working on the features.

But, Elon himself has liked/re-tweeted videos from Early Access people so I don't think Tesla cares two bits about the sworn to secrecy aspect of the early access program.

At this point in time I think Tesla should officially unmuzzle the early access people especially since they tried top commodify the early access program by giving it as a referral award.

I do want to see it... prefer to have it, actually. But I assure you that I can wait.
Perhaps we should reward people for upholding their commitments to others, instead of violating them.

I always thought that personal integrity meant something.

You got the old universe and the new universe confused. We ripped apart from the old universe a few years back, and there is no going back.

I miss it, but it's never going to be the same.

The universe as we knew it ended.

The new universe has things like FSD being sold as an option people pay money for without any evidence that any of it will ever work.

The new universe has a thing known as Alternative facts.

We're now literally living in a Black Mirror Episode.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Know what else hurts the community? Giving some people “most favored nation” status and letting them gallivant around showing off the things that Tesla have decided to let them have and not others. An enforced division in the community: those customers who Tesla likes for whatever reason, and those who they see only as bank accounts.
Personally, I see the EAP people as poor guinea pigs. :p

The universe as we knew it ended.
OK, OK. I voted my conscience, now I'll get off my soapbox.
/end rant
Please resume the technical discussion of Enhanced Summon while I sit in the corner.

I don’t even think 20.1 is for early access. I got it on both cars very quickly and I’m not in that program.
Confusion remains between 2019.20.0.1 (this thread) and 2019.20.1 (enhanced... dog mode).
2019.20.1 does not have enhanced (smart) summon. That is a different build, 2019.20.0.1. Slightly confusing, but not the same release. Early Access folks are getting 20.0.1 with Enhanced Summon and non-EAP folks are getting 20.1 without Enhanced Summon.
If anyone with 2019.20.1 truly believes they have Enhanced Summon, please let us know. Otherwise, let's put that to bed.