Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Summon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why so many snarky comments? Every day, we have to wade through all the BS to get to any thoughtful discussion...
Do all of you feel the need to reply so badly because you're not getting attention at home? Geez...
Because the only factual answer to the OP has been repeated 1000 times and is depressing: NO ONE KNOWS what features EAP/FSD will have and when any features or improvements will be released until they are actually released. Tweets from Elon regarding features and release dates are NO EXCEPTION.

If no one knows anything, don't say anything.
It's not helpful...as I said in a recent post, everyone seems to know everything about single-stack, FSDb's future, why the car did this or that, why a wheel weight is the answer, etc, etc...all pontificating by people who don't know.

It's not helpful...as I said in a recent post, everyone seems to know everything about single-stack, FSDb's future, why the car did this or that, why a wheel weight is the answer, etc, etc...all pontificating by people who don't know.
You are correct. Some people make posts/replies that have zero value. Its ridiculous

Last edited:
Same could be said for posts complaining of the same - end result is still that it isn't answering the question either, so just as useless.

If some finds that troublesome, then TMC may be stressful to use as that pretty much seems to be the norm ;)
The reason TMC exists is so people can try fill in the gaps.
I'm betting it goes in waves, right now people are fed up with waiting for non-delivery of improvements or being promised new versions/features etc that just aren't appearing. Smart summon hasn't changed in years and is unlikely to be delivered any time soon - but who knows. All we can do is read the tealeaves (or pontificate if you prefer)
Sad fact is that all we have is folks pontificating here because there is no reliable news from Tesla so we fill in the gap.

[edit]
Last news as from Elon about making the various summons/park use the FSD stack - but as that is already months late we can only guess when it might be finished enough to use elsewhere.

As I've said before - some people just want to vent and need a "there there"; they aren't looking for help or a solution. Some people are legitimately confused or need help understanding why something is happening, and are looking for a solution or someone to point them in the right direction. Some people are just relaying their understanding of how the system works, and offering their experiences, good or bad.

The trick is learning which post is which, and responding or not responding appropriately. I tend to try to help people with solutions, such as trying various setting changes, or procedures to check - coming from a diagnostic standpoint. I offer my experiences in the hope that people will get some benefit from it.

Here is my rule of thumb:

1) If the post contains overly dramatic statements, or global statements, it's a vent. Example: "AP/FSD is useless/garbage/doesn't work at all". I try to ignore these, or send a "there there" or "may I offer you a hot beverage?". No point in engaging these people, as they're too entrenched in their negative experience.

2) If the post contains I/my statements, offering their personal experiences. Example: "My drive today had FSD Beta performing poorly for me. It ran a red light/stop sign and I had to intervene. This is a common occurrence for me, and happens usually once every 2-5 miles." I take more notice of these and try to frame them in my own personal experience - perhaps offering a counterpoint or support/validation for those experiences.

3) If the post contains questions or appeals for help with a problem, I try to help where I can if I have knowledge of the problem, or experience with the problem/solution. Example: "My car just tried to turn left a block early, and nearly ran up a curb. Why did it do that?" That may be a GPS issue, and point the person towards checking their GPS and informing them that there was a batch of cars with faulty antennas that were getting interfered with by the cabin camera.

4) If the post contains speculation about technology/software that hasn't been released yet, or forward looking statements. Example: "I think FSD V11 will be released in 1 month" or "The summon/parking features cannot operate properly without additional cameras/RADAR." I read these statements and try to look at the skill set of the individual making them. Are they qualified/knowledgeable enough to make these observations/statements? This is a judgement call - you can sometimes tell when someone has researched or has advanced knowledge of something and goes through a detailed explanation. In the Autonomous Car Progress and Waymo threads, there are some very knowledgeable people in there, and I tend to weigh their opinions more heavily than others. Most of the time, the person making the statement is not knowledgeable and is making either a guess or just wishful thinking.

One final thought: My lack of response to a comment does not indicate that I agree with your point, just that there is nothing more to be gained by continuing the conversation. Both parties are firm in their opinions/experiences/judgements and will not sway the other.