Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snagged a P90D Inventory car for $700/mnth on the new 24 month lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Autovin just came.

Showed up early at 7:30 for a 9a-1p window, so that was nice.

Inspector was very friendly and interested in the car. He said he did his first Tesla return the day before.

He spent less than 10 minutes doing a walkaround on the car. Took pictures of body, interior, tires/wheels. Asked me a few questions about the various included options so he could fill in his form. Said I had "absolutely no damage or charges."

He did say this was a "pre-inspection" and they would get called to look at it again when I returned it to Tesla. US Bank seemed to indicate that was not the case, but who knows. Would make sense to me they got it inspected after you returned it but what do I know.

When I drop it off at Tesla I will likely do my own walkaround taking pictures and video.

• Informative
Reactions: GTIceman
that's a good idea. i'll do the same. did they say how to drop it off? can you literally pick any day before the final day and show up and drop off the keys?

I'm trying to figure that out now. I called US Bank and they said to just "show up at Tesla." When I asked if I need to call them to let them know I was coming they said, "No, but I guess you could."

I called Tesla today and they said "That's all done through US Bank, here is the phone number to get it inspected." I told them I just had that done and US Bank told me to give the car back to them and they weren't sure what to do with that. They said to talk to my delivery person when I pickup my model 3 (supposedly Monday). But they did say that US Bank was wrong and I shouldn't just "show up" with a car to return.

Based on past experiences, just make sure you get copies of documentation when you drop off the car prior to leaving Tesla to prove you gave the car back. I can't tell you how many times they've told me "oh those will show up in your Tesla account," only to never see the paperwork. When I traded my prior car to Tesla as part of this lease deal, the state DMV was coming after me for months trying to get me to re-register a car I no longer owned because Tesla never processed the paperwork on their end. Thank god I had some form the DMV was looking for that showed I had transferred ownership of the car. The only reason I had this is because I demanded paper copies of everything on my delivery day. The piece of paper that ended up satisfying the DMV never populated in my Tesla account.

• Informative
Reactions: Ormond
what a sh*tshow!

in our case we don't have a new car to pick up (we assumed a lease on a Model X last month), so i really don't know what else to do but to just show up. i guess i can call the SC but US Bank told me over the phone to just return it to Tesla, whatever that means. i feel bad for these SC's and delivery people.

I called out to Tesla this week to ask about drop-off and they said they would get back to me.

I will say after all the back and forth I had my AutoVin appointment and it went well. The guy was friendly and quick, only about 15-20 min. No issues. The only time I cringed is he didn't close the frunk right and somewhat slammed it. Prior to him opening I had asked him if he does Teslas often and he said generally Tesla and Bentley are the two he does most. Just word of a warning to anyone waiting for theirs.

I still am trying to figure out the P3D+ situation or used MS

I called out to Tesla this week to ask about drop-off and they said they would get back to me.

I will say after all the back and forth I had my AutoVin appointment and it went well. The guy was friendly and quick, only about 15-20 min. No issues. The only time I cringed is he didn't close the frunk right and somewhat slammed it. Prior to him opening I had asked him if he does Teslas often and he said generally Tesla and Bentley are the two he does most. Just word of a warning to anyone waiting for theirs.

I still am trying to figure out the P3D+ situation or used MS

I would say P3D as that's what I'm doing. But I see there is a MS75D black on white new inventory on Tesla for $79.7. Geez.

I guess there will be a bunch of P90Ds available for as low as $75k soon:
Tesla

Question is.... try to buy my car back for $75k or get a P3D? The referral program is set to end tomorrow, I wouldn't mind getting the free kids model S for referring myself...

After speaking with tesla I am putting an order in for a P3D. they confirmed that the order is time stamped and that i can always decline the car and be in limbo or transfer my deposit to an inventory car. This allows me to get the free supercharging if I decide to go the P3D route. Of course if i cancel and dont replace the tesla at all i lose the deposit but i know we are replacing it with something

• Helpful
Reactions: GTIceman
Are there problems with the 90 battery? I'm thinking of buying my car. My residual is about $75,000. I've had few problems to date. @n2mb_racing Monitoring the website for your VIN is a nifty idea.

Early battery failures from frequent hard launches (though, covered under warranty)
P90DL battery replacement thread.

This is probably the cause of the early failures, but thankfully the power is back now.
Pack Performance and Launch Mode Limits

Supercharger throttling:
If you fast charge, Tesla will permanently throttle charging

• Informative
FYI. Calling to schedule my lease return didn't work, but I got a quick response by emailing [email protected]

All set to drop off tomorrow.

My inspection with Autovin went well. They only charged me $125 for curb rash on one wheel and didn't charge for curb rash on another wheel, or for a small paint chip.

Hopefully return goes well, and it pops up for sale for a good price, and one of you guys doesn't get it! :)