Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So... after 4 pages of "help" and sh*tloads of disagrees on my comment to contact tesla service, is the OP's problem solved yet?
Still not?
OK, I'll check back later...
This is an extremely friendly and helpful forum. People love their Teslas and in general enjoy sharing their experiences and helping others. I expect the disagrees were due to you trying to tell people what they can or can't post here.

Stepping into EV ownership, and probably especially Tesla ownership, is not particularly easy at times. The community, be it the helpful folk here or a stranger helping you at the supercharger for the first time, is invaluable.

I think it's great that people feel strongly about what we have here and want to see it protected - we've probably all experienced some cliquey and less than friendly marque forums in our time?

So... after 4 pages of "help" and sh*tloads of disagrees on my comment to contact tesla service, is the OP's problem solved yet?
Still not?

After 4 pages of suggestions, things to try, things to rule out, general education for those that weren't aware of some of the potential causes, identifying more information that can be usefully added to the booking if they decide to go that route, offers to compare cars, etc...

You are being as helpful as ever.. if you can't contribute usefully I respectfully suggest you find something better to do with your time.

Disagrees change nothing, was the OP's problem solved?
Yes, no? If yes, great. If no, all the "help" was worthless.

You are being as helpful as ever..
You seem to know me for a long time, much longer than your membership suggests?

I gave the OP best possible advice - contact tesla service.
They will know if there is some problem with the car or not and act accordingly.

• Disagree
Reactions: DrJFoster
Still not?

The OP raised this late on Wednesday night - so one full working day later and you're having a dig. If they'd raised it with Tesla they'd have been given a date in about a month to have a look at it and told they would need to accept a £50 investigation fee if nothing was found to be wrong. They wouldn't have had it solved by Tesla either

The 4 pages you refer to are people willing to help, well, all except 1 person. Why are you even here?

f they'd raised it with Tesla they'd have been given a date in about a month to have a look at it and told they would need to accept a £50 investigation fee if nothing was found to be wrong. They wouldn't have had it solved by Tesla either

Yet more of egoistic ignorance?
I personaly have filled a service request via app and got a date 14 days in the future.
After 2 hours passed I got SMS that a FW is ready for my car. After installing it, the problem was solved.
Zero cost.
And zero time wasted on the "helpful" forums having strangers telling me to RTFM and what some buttons do.

Only the OP can tell you if the issues are resolved and for some reason she/he doesn't seem to be posting on here anymore. I can't imagine why....
It must be my fault of suggesting to contact the service... bad bad me...

Yet more of egoistic ignorance?
I personaly have filled a service request via app and got a date 14 days in the future.
After 2 hours passed I got SMS that a FW is ready for my car. After installing it, the problem was solved.
Zero cost.
And zero time wasted on the "helpful" forums having strangers telling me to RTFM and what some buttons do.

It must be my fault of suggesting to contact the service... bad bad me...

However, given that this is the UK and Ireland forum, exactly how does your experience of Tesla response times in Slovenia have any bearing at all to the norm here?

How much experience have you had of owning a Tesla here in the UK, and have you had the same level of support from Tesla here that you get in Slovenia?

I can assure you that my personal experience of trying to contact Tesla here in UK has been as frustrating as hell, with very long waits on the phone, with no answer, the request service part of the Tesla app fails to work more than half the time because it seems to struggle accepting UK format addresses (the fix for that is to try not to use your house, street or village name) and when the service request from the app does work I've never had a response in less than three days, and often it's been several weeks.

Reactions: Traguar
Now I know this is troll post - goodbye troll <blocked>

You remember this is TMC right? :D

Unfortunately, he “CertLive” won’t go away. He feels Tesla has done him wrong, so he is here to hurt Tesla back. It’s that simple.
Next he will be creating multiple users to continue hurting Tesla back. Others have done that here. Most have been banned multiple times.
I wish he would take his fight off the forum.
His efforts have long since gotten old, and redundant.

OK boomer - did I strike a nerve??

Can't grasp the fact no one aligns to your lame opinions so you result to ad hominem attacks.

Like I said boomer, if you don't like tesla - return it and stop crying like a little kid

You obviously fail at technology since you can't even learn how to quote on a public message board. I wouldn't expect you to even know the value of a Tesla, much less drive it to its full extent

Last edited:
You are of course free to do whatever you want. I don't think these habits are going to cause any major issues for you, but I also don't think they'll have too much effect (there are a FEW people who get some results from this, but I get the impression it is fairly uncommon).

I would only say that if you don't NEED 90%, maybe consider 80% as your more frequent "set point" for your charge. It doesn't really matter, but it's probably slightly safer for the battery. It may cause the BMS estimation to drift a bit more - I don't know for sure with Model 3 when rebalancing actually takes place (some claim it is above 90%).

In any case, I would repeat again that your rated range of 298 after a year (regardless of mileage) is completely normal for a 2019. Maybe you'll see it pop back to 302 or 304 or so, but I wouldn't expect more than that (you can see fluctuations of a few miles for various reasons).

That's about 6.4% capacity loss from 78kWh (which is probably about where you started), which is fine, and completely normal for Model 3 after a year. Well within the distribution of expected results - many people are doing worse after a year even with low mileage vehicles. Even more people are probably doing slightly better.

Mostly just save charging to higher SoC for when you need it, and avoid low SoC (below 30%) for extended periods. But for the most part, it's not something you need to worry about, and I think we can say with reasonably high confidence that your charging habits are not driving your rated mile loss.

Haha, I haven't heard it put that way before.

the issue is that you are just making stuff up.

So, I guess the 48A new standard is a plot by Tesla. Yeah, that's right. They want to deprive us of the higher charging rate and quicker charging time because they want to make you angry, and just make the charging time longer, because it helps sell cars. Yeah, that must be it. You should sell your Tesla since you are so unhappy with Tesla. Life is too short.

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors
Status
Not open for further replies.