Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why even report it here. Sell your car and troll some other car forum .
Please don't call anyone names. I paid $65k for my Y. We own 2 Teslas and a Nissan Leaf. I also have an order for a CT. I'm also the founder of the Bridgeport Racing Club - Racing to save the Climate, and we show electric cars in a float for the longest running 4th of July parade in the country (in the same place over all of those years). My partner is also the local leader of the Electric Vehicle Association. I'm very serious about this problem. And if you want to call people names, then I think that says more about you than me.

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors
Your posts fit the definition. If you knew so much about Tesla's then you we're already aware of phantom braking. Therefore it would be very likely you are just posting to be decisive.

• Funny
Reactions: Daniel in SD
I don’t see how this will be possible especially in front of the bumper without adding extra cameras. Even then “measuring” distance via AI algorithm from a camera feed is not going to be as precise as ultrasonic.

Tesla Vision TACC is still not as smooth as other cars with radar based adaptive cruise…
TESLA will achieve this the same way that FSD, today, is able to “predict” that a moving vehicle in its FOV is still present, even when it moves behind a larger forward object, such as a semi. This was well-documented during TESLA AI Day 2021 (last year).

At the risk of sounding “sexist”, this is what male drivers to every day when pulling into parking spaces, parallel parking, and driving semis and large trucks around tight corners. The mind of the driver must be able to visualize where the end of the vehicle is traveling. In general, male drivers are good at this and female drivers are not. TESLA’s neural net is capable of “predicting” the movement and travel path of people and objects, even when they are fully or partially obstructed.

Reactions: enemji
Not that gossipy as nearly every quote in the article is a direct quote with the source mentioned
It is gossipy even if true. Gossip is not solely defined by its voracity of truth. Stand up and give your brain a chance to catch a breath.

Your and others unbridled disdain for the man, who has done more in his life than all of you together could hope to manage in several lifetimes, is disgusting behavior and no less than what you’re accusing him of. Yes it is.

You’ve all gone beyond stating where his tweets and comments rank on the stupidity scale in your opinions and now you’re just carrying on like a bunch of back patting schoolyard bullies.

And before you (general from this point forward) get on your horse and start screaming ‘fanboi’ to try and change the conversation, I have NO opinion on the tweets and wouldn’t even know they existed if they weren’t posted to this forum.

Read again, I am Switzerland on this topic and open to all thoughts on the topic. What I’m not open to is the pile on behavior simply because you can. He does not deserve that. And before you get on that second horse of yours I know you so badly want to, stop and take a moment to reflect. If after that you want to climb aboard, be sure to put a helmet on because I’ll gladly knock you off it.

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Why is the world's richest man concerned about advertiser dollars? I thought this was about freedom of speech. Surely if he was after profit then he would have just spent that 44 billion on a few more gigafactories. EVs sell so well that it's guaranteed to make him more money than twitter ever would.

I somewhat agree - if Elon thinks he has a plan to make Twitter great and not need much advertising then he should just go DO that instead of bitching like a little girl that people are using their free speech that he so loves to advocate boycotting him.

Wanna get even? Build that Twitter that's so amazing everyone is there and the haters are eating crow.

Ok, I'm lying.....but keep this in mind. MANY accidents occur in spplit seconds before the driver can react. And....if he releases FSD to ALL current and future buyers there will be ALOT of accidents and I suspect there will be a class action lawsuit in the future
2022 Winner 🏆 🥇 of most deserving to be blocked on Tmc ⬆️

My favorite block of all time hands down.... even better than 21069 guy or whatever his name is who doesn't own a Tesla and trolls around here

Edit: Ignore I know is the proper term, block 🚫 feels better ...

Typical Tesla fanboy. I have owned two Tesla’s now and can admit they’re missing features that lower class cars 🤣 come with.

You wouldn’t drive a Kia/Hyundai yet they actually have more features then a Tesla lol
Right, this is one of the features I don’t want…🤣

Still garbage!

I was asking for the close up pictures, so OTHERS can see and get your point. I don't care if you know your car is awesome or not. =)
I can take a picture of my 15 year old beater honda from the same distance as you did in your picture above and claim the same thing.
Nate.. you have to realize that unlike you. I actually drive my Y.

I drive around 120 miles every day of the work week which means my car is extremely dirty right now. So if you really want a picture of a dirty ass car.. then I have no problem running out to the garage and taking this "close-up" picture for you right now. Now.. If you want to see what is actually in/on the paint.. after 30,000 miles of driving in the last 18 months.. then I have no problem taking those pictures AFTER the next time I clean the car.

Hell, go back and take the picture I posted and circle EXACTLY where you want these close-up pictures. I am 1000% confident in what I said.

Nate.. you have to realize that unlike you. I actually drive my car.

I drive around 120 miles every day of the work week which means my car is extremely dirty right now. So if you really want a picture of a dirty ass car.. then I have no problem running out to the garage and taking this "close-up" picture for you right now. Now.. If you want to see what is actually in/on the paint.. after 30,000 miles of driving in the last 18 months.. then I have no problem taking those pictures AFTER the next time I clean the car.

Hell, go back and take the picture I posted and circle EXACTLY where you want these close-up pictures. I am 1000% confident in what I said.
no need for the personal attack here. and WHY?
I was just asking some pictures, so that I can see the PPF is total waste of money since your car is awesome after 30k miles of driving without the PPF.

no need for the personal attack here. and WHY?
I was just asking some pictures, so that I can see the PPF is total waste of money since your car is awesome after 30k miles of driving without the PPF.
1) I have ALREADY posted a picture of my car
2) You are the one who doubts what THAT picture already shows
3) My vehicle is currently dirty because I drive it ALOT
4) I will surely post another close-up picture AFTER the next time I clean the vehicle

**edit**
Here you go.. just took as I’m leaving to go vote

6B6343AC-CF7C-47CB-9AD7-0DF4902E7D62.jpeg

Last edited:
Maybe you missed the title of this thread. But its literally asking your opinion on: "Model Y Not Worth the Price Now".

With a poll currently showing 75% of the respondents say it's not worth the current price.
Clearly you can’t read. What the poll actually asked is is the Tesla MYLR overpriced. They are two entirely different questions. Almost everyone here has purchased, so you have to be an idiot to go ahead with the purchase if you believe it is not worth the price. In this market everything is overpriced, so the poll result does not even clearly separate those that simply said Yes it is overpriced, but don’t feel like it is overpriced compared to the competition. I would have to answer No to the latter question, especially when factoring the ridiculous dealer markup’s, 12V battery failures leaving people stranded, poor resale value, and crappy EA charging network of the main competitors like the Ioniq 5.

Last edited:
A loud portion of the Democratic Party is basically a cult. The part of the community that says that AOC and Bernie Sanders can do no wrong despite clear evidence to the contrary, or flicks away evidence with weak excuses. I'd like to think that the more rational among us who can see both sides of the coin see that there are clear weaknesses that can be addressed, but that doesn't mean that we don't believe in the mission.
You can replace those underlines portions with whatever you like. It's like Mad-Libs for conversations that go nowhere.

You might as well just say "Hey if you disagree with my you are an idiot" and move on.

This is why communities which have an in person component are so much healthier than on-line only communities. Once people realize that they are going to have to talk to people in-person as opposed to just walls of non-conversational text, they change the way they talk. It helps avoid fat lips for starters.

You can replace those underlines portions with whatever you like. It's like Mad-Libs for conversations that go nowhere.
This is completely disingenuous and misses the point completely. Are you disagreeing with the fact that there is a loud group of Tesla/Elon fans who do nothing but kowtow to Elon? Is that healthy for the Tesla community at large?

You might as well just say "Hey if you disagree with my you are an idiot"
Since you're putting words in my mouth - why not attribute that to me as well. :rolleyes:

This is why communities which have an in person component are so much healthier than on-line only communities. Once people realize that they are going to have to talk to people in-person as opposed to just walls of non-conversational text, they change the way they talk. It helps avoid fat lips for starters.
You should have a hard look at the way you respond instead of threatening fat lips. And if you're going to threaten violence perhaps you should be the one taking a step back.

I think that in many cases it’s not about the company or the mission, but about the money. Seeing your TSLA portfolio lose value does not always bring out the best in people.
Going back above to my statement about Tesla fans - the ones that appear to be the most highly invested into $TSLA also appear to be the biggest fans as well. There's not necessarily a direct correlation in stock price and whining, though you aren't wrong, either - it probably increases the volume on both sides.

Musk is successful because he ignores the norms and expectations of those around him. That is who he is fundamentally. Thus we get "Pedo Guy" and Twitter Musk. But we also get Tesla and SpaceX.

You can't split the two.
This is such a cop-out and only makes excuses for bad behavior. "Oh that person is so smart an engineering genius, who cares if he <insert bad thing here>." Be better!

Here's a great analogy, though not nearly as polarizing as the current situation with Elon.

Linus Torvalds was quite well known for being an ******* when it came to code review, and rightfully so, pissed quite a few people off. People put up with it for a long time because he was damn good at what he did - orchestrating the development of the Linux kernel. But his behavior alienated quite a few people and a lot of really smart engineers left to do other work because of him. Finally, after 20+ years he wised up and you know what - he finally realized the impact he had and apologized for being a jerk. Now, this probably took way too long, but it does show that people can change for the better of everyone involved.

Side note - I picked that Ars article on a whim (it's from 2018) and have to laugh at the comments because the highest voted comment is:
As a side note, can someone forward this article to Elon Musk?

Since you're putting words in my mouth - why not attribute that to me as well. :rolleyes:

If you used your powers of observation, you'd have noted that I did not attribute anything to you.

You should have a hard look at the way you respond instead of threatening fat lips. And if you're going to threaten violence perhaps you should be the one taking a step back.

I didn't threaten anyone. What I said—and maintain—is that people say nonsense online that they wouldn't say in person. I haven't said anything I wouldn't repeat in person. People who actually think about the people they are speaking to don't speak the way you speak. When you start using classifications instead of people, you cease to think of them as people or individuals. You are tapping into rudimentary tribal nonsense. Like the rest of your post.

Notice... I said YOUR POST. As opposed to trying paint some amorphous "Them".

More ad-hominem BS
Folks who cannot resist ad hominem attacks quickly end up on ignore lists.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
It is worth $46k 👍
I disagree. Too many miles, no air suspension, no ludicrous. This is a P85D, any 2015-2016 P90D/P90DL should be valued exactly like a P85D except the P85D+, which was manufactured from 12/2014-04/2015, are actually better than a P90D/DL. Most owners or potential buyers don’t know any better and assume it has to be better when it’s not.
I bet a dealership will not pay that. Unless he trades it in and they give him 42K so the taxes go towards next car but based on what prices are dropping too right now it’s not worth it. Prices are back to their lows of 2019 when stock was $100/per share and during 2020 when the prices of new Model S and X were dropping in price every month. It’s worth $40K in my opinion based on the options and miles. My friend has been showing me the prices of Tesla’s lately and they literally have plummeted. And it’s due to several reasons. High interest rates, cry baby liberals that literally want Tesla to fail now cause Elon owns Twitter that they will actually sell their Tesla’s and no demand for the Plaid S. That’s why used LR Model S are selling for more than Performance Models of the same year from Tesla. How does a car that was $20K+ less costs more? Trying to make a demand for Plaid’s by limiting the supply used MSP seems like the only logical explanation. Plus Tesla’s stock goes hand in hand with their cars values and their stock is at a low which is largely due too Twitter acquisition.

Status
Not open for further replies.