Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Next time I buy a TV I’m going to demand they give me the ocean too “because it’s on the screen”

Oh give me a break and stop being a clever jerk. It was specifically advertised that you could “play Cyberpunk on your Tesla.” Apologists like yourself are ridiculous. It was a listed freaking feature, not an incidental serving suggestion. If you want to apologize for Tesla’s horrible follow-through this isn’t the one to die on. It was literally one of the biggest new “features” of the refresh.

I've purchased a good number of cars in my life... none of them had what you're talking about, or what I found on my Tesla as pictured. I also said it wasn't worth bothering Tesla with, that I could do it myself. It's not just a matter of 'pulling the plastic' off as you have suggested. This is really attached to something inside the frame. I already tried pulling it off to no avail. If it had come right off, I wouldn't have asked about it. I merely posted this thread to get an opinion first before I roll up my sleeves, grab an exacto knife and some plastic wedges and perform the 'procedure' myself. It seems silly I'd even have to do that for a 60k vehicle, but I've already read horror stories about people taking their cars in for minor things only to have them returned with more issues than what they started with. Forgive me for asking a simple question in a Tesla community seeking opinions. I certainly got yours, loud and clear. I guess there's something too that saying "there's a rotten egg in every bunch".
Just because the response to a question you asked wasn’t what you wanted to hear doesn’t mean “there’s a rotten egg in every bunch”.
It’s a $60k mass produced economy vehicle. It’s not a Ferrari, so if you were expecting some high level PDI process you must have been living under a rock since the M3 and MY were released.

I appreciate your playing the devils advocate, I tend to do it myself a lot. However, when this forum has morons like Operator64 who will lick Elon's nuts and beg him to slap him more, I just think people are looking for understanding. I am pretty frustrated myself, as I bought this car over the old model ( I was one of the super early orders when it hadn't been announced yet) for 4 main reasons. The AC is much better, the noise cancellation( I very much value a quiet cabin), and the ability to play games on par with todays consoles (for my kids), and the ability to watch media on the rear screen in private. So 3 of the 4 things that were promised and influenced my decision, were lies.
We have found the snowflake of the day

I wonder if a GoPro on the chest will result in a strike like the phone does. I’m at 3/5 strikes now. Do I dare to try?
Well, if you should happen to have a collision while experimenting with the GoPro on your chest, you will experience a different kind of strike - in which the GoPro becomes pyrotechnically accelerated into your sternum by the not-actually-airy-soft airbag.

In engineering terms this could be called Transient Compressive Stress Focus. In medical terms I don't know, ask @sleepydoc . Maybe he could get involved and earn some reputation points by submitting a case study to the medical journals, with 4K images of the tissue damage as it occurs.

If the idea intrigues you please keep it up. Otherwise I would recommend that you find a different place to hold your camera, and stop b***ing that the Tesla doesn't like you doing it. I for one would miss seeing your otherwise entertaining posts.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Well, if you should happen to have a collision while experimenting with the GoPro on your chest, you will experience a different kind of strike - in which the GoPro becomes pyrotechnically accelerated into your sternum by the not-actually-airy-soft airbag.

In engineering terms this could be called Transient Compressive Stress Focus. In medical terms I don't know, ask @sleepydoc . Maybe he could get involved and earn some reputation points by submitting a case study to the medical journals, with 4K images of the tissue damage as it occurs.

If the idea intrigues you please keep it up. Otherwise I would recommend that you find a different place to hold your camera, and stop b***ing that the Tesla doesn't like you doing it. I for one would miss seeing your otherwise entertaining posts.

What difference does it make where I place the camera in the car to record myself driving? Do you go on people’s YouTube channels and cry about their camera placement with your overly hypothetical and borderline retarded situations?

Got the car back tonight but it has significant damage and errors.

There's significant damage to the back bumper, grey plastic bit and the polished silver trim under that. Looks like they backed it into a concrete wall.

Scratches on the driver's rear quarter panel.

Parking assist error and no parking sensors working anymore.

So the saga continues.

Such a silly thing this company. The emperor has no clothes!

Back on the texting to service center tomorrow to begin a new chapter.

At this point, all kidding aside, they need to buy the car from me and apologize for the prolonged failures. They need to offer the maximum trade in value of the car+ the amount paid for the MCU upgrades, battery replacement, towing fees I've paid so far. Genuinely that would be the right and fair thing for them to do. Even then I'd be very unhappy because I really loved my car and they've basically destroyed it and wasted lots of my time and money.

Confidence level they will do the right thing? Low. Very low. Like Twitter low.
Lol troll confirmed. Permanent ban please

Screenshot_20221219-064633.png

Quick on the reaction draw again my internet friend. 🤣🤣 Literally a second after I posted. Do you live here?

The mission has always been to sell cars and make Elon Musk Rich. All this talk about climate change and EV’s are nonsense for Elon. He couldn’t break into the Legacy Auto World so he found the best alternative: buy himself in to a product that looked promising, kick the founders out, build his cult who would never find fault in him, profit??

And now he blames the Fed for TSLA 🤣🤣

It was the "FED". F-ing Elon's Dorkmouth

There are supposedly ten Superchargers in the basement of the Fairmont in Whistler.
Only problem: you have to first pay a fee to get into the garage (no work around- I asked).

Though it's "only" $7.50, it annoys me that I have to pay a price for admission in addition to Tesla's usual charges.
I have never experienced anything like it and hope this is not a trend.
Sounds like you should buy a piece of property, buy some superchargers, have them installed, and let people use them for free.

Reactions: AlexHung
Status
Not open for further replies.