Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So… Highland is out…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By the way...

I've been driving my Wife's Skoda Enyaq VRS Coupe (Maxx Pack) around.

- Quiet, Comfortable, Easy
- Windscreen Wipers that work
- Cruise Control that works
- Lane Assist & Parking Assist works
- Headlights that Matrix
- Ambient & Comfort Lighting everywhere
- Augmented Head up Display
- Driver memory everything with PIN
- Massage & heated drivers Seat
- Hatchback with power tailgate & sensors
- Glass panoramic roof
- 250 mile range, more economical than my M3P

A pleasure to drive and use.

Just saying...

Reactions: Type2
By the way...

- Headlights that Matrix
- Glass panoramic roof

Just saying...
Is that 250 miles "real world", though?

Reactions: PITA
By the way...

- Headlights that Matrix
- Glass panoramic roof

Just saying...

So trade your M3P for an Enyaq.

Does the entire light cluster lift up with the boot? If so it would not be legal as it has to show rear lights when the boot is open (unless there are lights underneath?)

1693608560775.png

Hopefully they have improved the indicator and reversing light as they are tiny on the current model.

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
Fun fact:

View attachment 970087

View attachment 970089

So, almost no difference in weight when comparing a Model 3 with a BMW 330d. Yet the BMW 330d is quiet!
330d doesn't have a heavy battery pack. The i4 would be a more realistic comparison and that weighs 2,050kg. Assumijg battery weight, motors and such might be similar in weight, Tesla's shaved quite a bit of weight compared to a BMW.

Does the entire light cluster lift up with the boot? If so it would not be legal as it has to show rear lights when the boot is open (unless there are lights underneath?)

View attachment 970307

Hopefully they have improved the indicator and reversing light as they are tiny on the current model.

Pretty sure the car wow video showed lights in the bottom of the bumper when the boot opened?

PS. It wouldn’t just be the U.K., that’s a whole of Europe thing.

Reactions: boombap

View attachment 970307

I am pretty sure it's the red reflectors that are required by law to remain visible all the time not necessarily the lamps themselves. These more often than not are built into the rear clusters of cars but not always. So whilst the new rear light clusters lift with the tailgate, it still looks like the fog and reverse lights mounted lower down in to the bumper have the red reflectors to remain legal.

Reactions: boombap and Whyone
I am pretty sure it's the red reflectors that are required by law to remain visible all the time not necessarily the lamps themselves. These more often than not are built into the rear clusters of cars but not always. So whilst the new rear light clusters lift with the tailgate, it still looks like the fog and reverse lights mounted lower down in to the bumper have the red reflectors to remain legal.
This is also my understanding

Reactions: boombap
A lot of attention on indicators, naturally but what about the other stalk for drive?

How does the driver now select forward-reverse, is it auto controlled by the car as I seem to recall somewhere when the same change was happening with the S & X & is manual driver selection going to be via the screen?

Turning circles are quite poor & making multiple changes of direction in a tight space via the stalk is fast and simple. Waiting for the car to decide which direction or tapping the screen is going to be slower and much less intuitive.

...or is there something physical to do this in the refresh?

A lot of attention on indicators, naturally but what about the other stalk for drive?

How does the driver now select forward-reverse, is it auto controlled by the car as I seem to recall somewhere when the same change was happening with the S & X & is manual driver selection going to be via the screen?

Turning circles are quite poor & making multiple changes of direction in a tight space via the stalk is fast and simple. Waiting for the car to decide which direction or tapping the screen is going to be slower and much less intuitive.

...or is there something physical to do this in the refresh?
Swiping on the screen. The refreshed S & X also have P R N D 'buttons' under the wireless charger on the centre console so there's a good chance Highland will too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230902_081917_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230902_081917_Chrome.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 39
I find the refresh pretty neutral overall, the looks are fine but I'm not unhappy with how my car looks so I don't look at the changes and see any benefit or any desire to trade mine in for one.
There is of course some changes I don't like - after 50 years of driving Its intuitive with every car I've had to use indicators with a flick of a stalk - I'm pretty sure I couldn't get used to a button on the steering wheel and to be honest I don't even want to try - cant see the point of operating something so mundane as an indicator and make it something I have to think about.
I don't know about others but if I want to turn down the audio when I'm shunting or turning on a roundabout I have to think which scroll button I need to alter the volume and given that when on a roundabout and I want to indicate my turn off I would need to find the correct button I'm sure that would annoy me to the point I wouldn't indicate - and that's not good.

Nice to see Tesla has learned the lesson regarding the single power strut for the boot and now have two powered struts and also nice to see if you specify a white interior the white panel is back on the door cards - though the door cards themselves look to have little design to them - rather like a piece of hardboard.
The illuminated rear reflectors Is also another really nice touch although perhaps they got their idea for that from Hansshow who has sold these for existing cars for quite some time now.

I have already stated in other posts that when my M3P is to be replaced It wouldn't be with another Tesla, far too many "features" that simply don't work or work for a short time before Tesla has decided to update the software and break it again - and fixes are always "soon" though "soon" can take years.