Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So how many speeding tickets have you gotten so far?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes it is OT, but sometimes we do get OT.

Well Hank, you went to alot of trouble there. But it still does not change what is important, emblem or no emblem. {der}

Every time I share new info in this forum I am attacked, and usually because I don't necessarily conform with the crowd. So why would I continue to share information? Why. would. anyone.

Last edited:
I wasn't attacking you, just providing alternate information to what you presented. Do you have any evidence to back up your claim about the Mitsubishi Zero and the logo? I hadn't heard that one before. The explanation on their website seems to make sense.

p.s. wasn't a lot of trouble, took about 3 minutes. There's a great rich history of the VW emblem, but I couldn't find any official VW web page with that info.

I wasn't attacking you, just providing alternate information to what you presented. Do you have any evidence to back up your claim about the Mitsubishi Zero and the logo? I hadn't heard that one before. The explanation on their website seems to make sense.

p.s. wasn't a lot of trouble, took about 3 minutes. There's a great rich history of the VW emblem, but I couldn't find any official VW web page with that info.

Yes the official line for Mitsubishi is the flowers etc, but I have to agree w Edmonds here, I think it was a secret homage to their zero past. Looks too much like props to me too. Off topic...

Still off topic (sorry), but according to this site: The REAL Meaning Behind 11 Car Company Logos
The Mitsubishi logo comes from the family crest of Yataro Iwasaki, founder of shipping company Tsukumo Shokai, and the family crest of the Yamanouchi family, from the Tosa Clan. The crests were three chestnut leaves and a three oak leaves, respectively, also arranged in a three-point fan.

The logo has been used since the 1870s.

And according to this site: History Of The Mitsubishi Logo, 1870

At first (1870), three diamonds represented a ship's propellers. Mitsubishi was started as a shipping firm.
Then it was redesigned and now diamonds look as diamonds.

So of course there's similarities between a ship's props and a plane props, but the logo came first.

edit to add: Here's a photo of a pre-war Mitsubishi car with the 3-diamond logo: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...itsubishi_PX33.jpg/1280px-Mitsubishi_PX33.jpg

And of course, since it's on the internet, it has to be true, according to this guy:

Abraham-Lincoln-Quote.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo