Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So how many speeding tickets have you gotten so far?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've gotten a few speeding tickets over the years... but just one in the Tesla a few weeks right after I bought it.

I was doing 42 in a 30 zone, and the LEO was running radar... the problem was I had installed my ValentineOne radar/laser detector in the car, but had taken it down overnight and didn't put it back up in time that morning. Stupid!

Anyway, I hired a local lawyer to fight the ticket, which worked. He got it knocked down from the speeding fine and 2 points to 0 points and a non-moving violation "Parking on Pavement" fine of $175. So at least my insurance wouldn't go up.

Since the V1 never worked that well behind the coated windshield, I've had the Belltronics STir+ system installed, which is great, and has saved me from dozens of potentially bad LEO encounters. Well worth the investment many times over!

While I am one who sticks really close to the speed limit in almost all cases, with only 1 ticket over 20 years ago, and I like police in general, I have a very dim view of highway patrol handing out speeding tickets. I believe they regularly abuse the letter of the law to fine everyone as much as possible without any consideration for whether or not the driver was acting dangerously. They set up in situations where safe drivers can be caught off guard, like the speed limit suddenly lowering, and they just don't care. It's high time laws are enacted to begin restricting what they can do as a consequence of their years of abusing their powers with no respect for the spirit of the law.

Reactions: Cowby and Caligula
While I am one who sticks really close to the speed limit in almost all cases, with only 1 ticket over 20 years ago, and I like police in general, I have a very dim view of highway patrol handing out speeding tickets. I believe they regularly abuse the letter of the law to fine everyone as much as possible without any consideration for whether or not the driver was acting dangerously. They set up in situations where safe drivers can be caught off guard, like the speed limit suddenly lowering, and they just don't care. It's high time laws are enacted to begin restricting what they can do as a consequence of their years of abusing their powers with no respect for the spirit of the law.

Two words: financial incentives

I had a bid in on a used radar detector with remote antenna, but got beaten out at the last minute.

Then I realized that every one of the tickets I've gotten here in W WA over the past 10 years has been from laser. And that several states have moved entirely to laser, including apparently mine. So instead of a radar detector I've now put that money into the best laser jammer.

And I might add that I am not impressed by the Blackvue at all. I've already found three different much better dashcams. I don't see much point in GPS for them though, as speed can be used against you.

And I might add that I am not impressed by the Blackvue at all. I've already found three different much better dashcams. I don't see much point in GPS for them though, as speed can be used against you.

I agree that there's nothing special about Blackview dashcams, it's just that they're real popular here, so more and more people get them.

My dashcam has GPS for location tracking (in the video metadata), but I have the speed indicator turned off just for that reason.

No tickets for me. However, twice Chippies followed me in my blind spot for quite a distance. The first time was driving west on Interstate 40 just after the ag checkpoint east of Needles. This was before the SC was built at Needles, so I kept my speed under the speed limit (64/70) in order to reach Barstow. The Chippie was parked beside the ag checkpoint, and as soon as I was waved through, he began to follow me all the way to the last Needles exit (about 8 miles.) This was at 6:30 on a Monday evening.

The second time was last summer early on a Sunday morning. I had just finished Supercharging at Mt. Shasta City, and was headed south on Interstate 5. I kept the cruise control at 62/65 going down the hill. Mr. Chippie stayed in my blind spot for a good 7-8 miles before slowing down and getting behind me to exit the freeway.

Both times I was the only automobile on the road.

I guess that they are trained (informally of course :rolleyes:) to try to coerce drivers into a driving error when traffic is light--boredom among other things.

Hmmm, so are you saying that you have never had a speeding ticket while driving any car, ever?
Well, back when I was probably 19 or 20, I got caught in a whole line of cars doing 45 in a 35 zone. I just wasn't paying attention to my speed. Somehow that ticket just disappeared though. I sent in the card saying I wanted to go to court, and I never heard back. I never paid it or got the points. It just seemed to go away somehow.

Since then, not one ticket. Before my Roadster, I drove a Mitsubishi 3000 GT/VR-4 (twin turbo) for 17 years (and 250,000 miles). I had it tricked out with a Valentine One and a Laser Jammer, but I had them primarily to help me make sure I was really paying attention—I still basically drove the speed limit by choice. So when I got the Roadster, the detector went into the closet, and 5 years hence, still no tickets.

drove a Mitsubishi 3000 GT/VR-4 (twin turbo)

Great car! I was thinking about "trading up" my '85 Mitsu Starion into the 3000GT -- just seemed "right" since I enjoyed the snot out of the Starion... still one of my favorite cars I've owned. Traded it in at 125,000 when it basically started to fall apart... just as the 3000GTs were coming out. If I think back, they were just out of my price range back then, so I traded it in on a VW Corrado G60. On topic, not long after that I got a speeding ticket on the Mass Pike doing something like 80mph all alone on a clear monday morning and got tagged cresting a hill. I should have been paying more attention. Took the ticket to court, and the state police and the local magistrate basically said "tough *sugar*, you're paying the ticket"..

Reminds me of a day 35 years ago when I was driving home from Tyler to Dallas. I noticed that cars had gathered into clumps, and always slowed down as they crested a hill, so I decided that's a good time to pass these slowpokes! I was passing the clumps one after another, having a great time, until I crested a hill and BAM, he got me going 82.

It was a Friday afternoon and I knew I wouldn't want to mess with it, so I went straight to the Canton Courthouse where the old judge was the only one there. I told him I'd just like to pay my fine --I guess he could see I'm a city-slicker-- so he took my money, but that ticket never went on my record! THAT was how it was in the Olden Days.

Ever since then I always look for a 'patsy' to follow, who's going nice and fast and will sweep up any tickets waiting ahead.

I have two questions though:
Why doesn't anyone remember the Alamo?
And why doesn't anyone remember that Mitsubishi made the planes that bombed Pearl Harbor?

Last edited:
Surely that page wasn't to counter the actual origins of the emblem. (What other industrial titan bothers to explains its logo?) In any case it is the Mitsubishi Zero.
Zero_Fighter_Plane_Model_21.jpg