Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So Tired of Curb Rash!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
by now I curbed all my tires, i blame curbs being on the way. Here in Los Angeles, sometimes there is not much luxury to find a nice parking spot as suggested to pull in reverse, then turn wheel to the curb, etc. Plus evidently i am not good at parking, i dont want to park too far away form the curb to get my mirror taken out (yes it folds) or get stupid ticket.

I have to say, I have curbed more wheels in the model 3 than all my other cars combined in my life. And by curbed I don't mean it's the car's fault for not having rim protection, I mean, I NEVER make contact with curbs. Something about this car has gotten me out of sync after 30 years of driving and parking. Maybe the quick steering? Or I think also it's because it seems a lot shorter than it is....almost every single time I've hit a wheel it's been on the rear. I've taken to driving it like I have a trailer attached, lol.

Total driver error. I just don't know what it is about the M3 that has me thrown off so much.

it is a Tesla feature (design flaw ) like the Model Y's rear hatch being on the rear bumper.
Aerodynamics and Aesthetics are higher priority than durability to Tesla.
Putting the word "aesthetics" and "Model X" in the same sentence is a felony.

The S has a pretty much timeless and beautiful stance... but the X... good gosh...

But the right mirror only tilt is not present on Model 3.
Both mirrors tilt when backing up which is absurd.
For the first ~1 year of ownership I didn't even realize the mirrors auto tilted. I found out later that only one mirror was set to auto tilt, and the other wasn't, and with those settings neither tilted. When I set both to auto tilt, they both worked.

When I first got the car I curbed it multiple times on accident, was too used to being able to get really close to the curb with my old car and never got curb rash on those rims. It was also an adjustment to get a sense for how wide the car is, which I found interesting, considering I am used to driving trucks. It took recalibrating how I parallel park to stop getting curb rash, but by that time I had already curbed most of the rims.

Putting the word "aesthetics" and "Model X" in the same sentence is a felony.

The S has a pretty much timeless and beautiful stance... but the X... good gosh...
20201107_132311_resized.jpg 1530802106313.jpg

Come on............

Status
Not open for further replies.