Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So What Do We Think Of The Polestar 2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bet the build quality will be good; they even wrap the cars up for transport. Can’t say I like the styling that much, especially the rear. The Chinese connection put me off a bit well. Having said all that, if my Model 3 order bombs for any reason, it would next on my list.

The dealer support will be a huge plus

As will the perception (and assume reality) of Geely/Volvo build, they are really nicely made products.

The Volvo interior is also a really nice place to be.

not quite available on my company car list yet but bodes well for next time around, suspect Tesla will have a fight on their hands for Lease driver loyalty as many more options should be available 2022-23. If I was ordering fresh now it would be a really close call.

Charging network still a major factor though. Big big factor.

Just as Musk hoped. His original goal was to show other car makers that electrics were not only possible, but better, so that they'd try making electrics, too. The point is to get off of fossil fuels before we kill our blue planet.

Now we see other makers dipping their toes into the electric drive pool, and people love them. But be assured, they NEVER would have tried to build a "Tesla killer" if Tesla had not started it. He knew what it would take.

And Tesla is still YEARS ahead of the rest of the pack.

>>I bet the build quality will be good; they even wrap the cars up for transport. Can’t say I like the styling that much, especially the rear. The Chinese connection put me off a bit well. Having said all that, if my Model 3 order bombs for any reason, it would next on my list.<<

I am trying hard - difficult, I know, but not impossible - to not buy anything made in China.

Is this one their website or somewhere else as I'm looking on their site and Polestar isn't even a listed manufacturer.

You have to call them. They took it off the other day apparently, due to some error on the site or something.

I can send you the quote they sent me if you want. - I’m going with the Tesla nonetheless as it looks like Yorkshire lease have done a good deal.

The cost is similar to the M3 but then when you think its made in China and they aren't supporting the cost of a charging network you start to wonder why it isn't cheaper compared to an M3. less of economy of scale, lack of vertical integration or just what they think the market will stand maybe?

The cost is similar to the M3 but then when you think its made in China and they aren't supporting the cost of a charging network you start to wonder why it isn't cheaper compared to an M3. less of economy of scale, lack of vertical integration or just what they think the market will stand maybe?

Well, Polestar has said they'll give drivers Plugsurfing membership. Don't know if they've done any other deal with them. (Plugsurfing is a "meta-charging" company that allows you to use their RFID to access other networks, for a surcharge that _can_ be high).