Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So What Do We Think Of The Polestar 2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get the distinct feeling the Polestar order/delivery process is a bit like the Tesla one too. My neighbour has one on order as a company car, they never gave him an estimate originally, then he was told it would be September, still no car on his drive.. haven't bumped into him since to get an update, was looking forward to seeing one.

everyone talks about range, looks etc but the thing that the recent polestar and particularly now the Kona recalls have made me realise is that while Tesla's have their faults they have been making this type of EV for 8 years +. The model 3 has been on the market longer than many other companies have been making any BEV's. Suddenly the M3 feels less like the prototype I have always kinda thought of it as and more like the safe option!!

That's what it boiled down to really. I figured all EV's made in this time will have issues. But Tesla have the 'wisdom' to deal with it better in my view. My fear with the Polestar would be that if there was a problem, I'd potentially be without a fix or even a car for much longer.

I get the distinct feeling the Polestar order/delivery process is a bit like the Tesla one too. My neighbour has one on order as a company car, they never gave him an estimate originally, then he was told it would be September, still no car on his drive.. haven't bumped into him since to get an update, was looking forward to seeing one.

I actually read earlier in the year that many buyers were having their delivery dates brought forward. Maybe this recall has changed that.

I briefly followed a transporter load of Polestars before pulling up next to it at a set of lights.

At a distance I didn't think much of the rear view but as I pulled up I must admit it actually wasn't too bad and actually quite nice from the side and front. As the transporter pulled off, the white colour looked really quite nice. But all a bit difficult to judge when they are 5 ft up in the air.

Reactions: stonecoldrmw
poor efficiency if not already mentioned and software recalls. Not really premium if it can't beat a e-tron sport back. With the likes of ID4 and enyaq and mach e around the corner with expected range of around 350 and the Polestar 2 and XC40 struggling to get 240 it does not make sense to go for one

• Disagree
Reactions: Libelo
poor efficiency if not already mentioned and software recalls. Not really premium if it can't beat a e-tron sport back. With the likes of ID4 and enyaq and mach e around the corner with expected range of around 350 and the Polestar 2 and XC40 struggling to get 240 it does not make sense to go for one

Interesting video, but if you start doing some drafting, not using the heater, and going down to 2%, this is not a realistic typical trip.

What is a bit misleading about this whole range thing is all the reviews, range tests etc miss the really obvious point (that I only learnt since becoming an owner)

Once you have 250-300 capability, I’m finding that in real world use with supercharging available, you end up doing 20-80% or 40-90%, or whatever other combo along those lines. You plan your journeys to include sensible stops and reap the benefits of avoiding “hero” stints behind the wheel, so you are more alert and can stretch your spine/legs out etc.

It’s totally transformed how I view the longer runs. 520 miles since yesterday morning and charged 4 times over that distance, but each time never tried to charge to full and never ran it right down.

The problem with non-Tesla is you don’t have the flexibility to view serious distances in that way, so you are not experiencing the version of EV that just “fits in” with a slightly modified journey planning routine.

Charging charging charging is where all efforts should be placed, but what we are seeing is the rush to stay competitive with shiny products. Could be an epic fail and seriously hurt the chances of EV doing anything like the hype suggests in next 5-10 years.

I finally got a good look at one of these, they have one for display at the Westfield in London… Have to say I was disappointed, the looks are good I like the chunky styling, it feels like a lot of car however the interior was bland and felt somewhat ordinary. The level of plastics were scratcher than I expected, and it really didn’t feel special at all.

Really surprised, I went in expecting to love it... I seriously considered one before the Model 3.

I finally got a good look at one of these, they have one for display at the Westfield in London… Have to say I was disappointed, the looks are good I like the chunky styling, it feels like a lot of car however the interior was bland and felt somewhat ordinary. The level of plastics were scratcher than I expected, and it really didn’t feel special at all.

Really surprised, I went in expecting to love it... I seriously considered one before the Model 3.
I'm sure they're well built, but I found the cabin to be too small for me. Head touching the interior roof, and eyes almost in-line with the sun-visors. Also, 2.3tonnes is no laughing matter - how that can be economical or efficient, I'll never know. The big let down was the XC40 chassis. If it was built on it's own bespoke platform it would no-doubt be amazing... but probably more expensive.