Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.14

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got .12 this morning as well. So they are in a release cycle where things are actually overlapping, pretty crazy.

I had lots of center screen blackouts before .12, I'm hoping that is fixed at least. Would love to have the maps, obviously. The routing is just crazy in some spots.
There’s usually only a major overlap of a day or so as they make sure there are no major issues. We should be getting good chunks of 14 tomorrow and Thursday if this is a normal cycle.

Interesting if we really did get an MCU1 browser upgrade that quickly. Of course, could be the usual announce it when you know it’s coming soon.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
Or a testament to how poorly optimized their software was before. :(
WebKit-601 is still a dinosaur. WebKit is one of those projects that really does get faster year over year, by a wide margin. I would imagine there’s more performance improvements possible simply by updating to a newer version of WebKit than the one that came with like iOS 8.

I think I screwed up on the speed test. I didn't realize my vehicle was on wi-fi. Sorry!
I was gonna say... however- I just did it out by the house no obstructions and got 2.5Mbps not on WiFi. Don’t know what it ran before
Edit: (this post is not significant since I’m not on .14, im on .12.. just replying to ^)

Attachments

• 1EC5AC00-F17A-411C-B764-260C7621243C.jpeg
    1EC5AC00-F17A-411C-B764-260C7621243C.jpeg
    264.6 KB · Views: 168
Reactions: Achilles
Lol, I went and turned wi-fi off and got 7.6 Megs off LTE.

OMG this is superb! THANKS!

Can you check if sites that previously wouldn’t load are now able to load on this browser, and how quickly they load? Best ones to look at are:

Teslainventory.com (can’t load on old MCU1 firmware)
CNN.com (garbled now)
LATimes.com (ditto)

A screenshot of one or more of these would be DEEPLY appreciated — by all, not just me :)

Reactions: MorrisonHiker