Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update - 2018.26.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW I got mine when it was at the service center getting new rims and tires and they seemed kind of shocked that it rolled out at all.

I don’t know if they really know much but they’re claiming a multitude of bug fixes and improvements in the 2018.28.xx updates. The .26 seems to be a pretty limited rollout for Model 3.

i'm a bit disappointed. was expecting 28 update last week and nothing. as the 9.0 update is roughly expected around 32, 34, 36 if it ships on time, its quiet possible there may not be a 28 and/or 30.

Phone notification received at 2:5-pm, but the car is not showing me the screen to allow me to install the update. Anyone else seeing this? Any way to force that screen to come up in the car?

RT
I'm seeing the same thing. Got the notification at 2pm, but when I got to my car at 6pm there was no update modal. Tapping on the Tesla logo didn't show any update available and there was no update icon in the header either =/. Wonder if there was a problem with push notifications going out early or if the update got pulled for some reason.

Last edited:
Got notification about 11AM of software update. Went out to car and started it up from the announcement screen. 50 minutes later update completed. It was 26-1. Signed on to home WIFI. Scanned screeens for previously reported features. Turned on lock sound. Summon there but not tried yet. Happy to have overheat protection.

FWIW I got mine when it was at the service center getting new rims and tires and they seemed kind of shocked that it rolled out at all.

I don’t know if they really know much but they’re claiming a multitude of bug fixes and improvements in the 2018.28.xx updates. The .26 seems to be a pretty limited rollout for Model 3.
24 seemed limited, too. 24.8 was the one that the remote tech "pushed" to my vehicle. I'm not too worried about the confirmation beeps while waiting for the next one to arrive.

I didn’t get any updates

Is this normal for some not to get it?

If TeslaFi is a good representative subset of the entire Model 3 fleet then according to the info there only about 25% of the Model 3 fleet received 2018.26.1 so far. Looks like the updates stopped overnight. Tesla may be waiting to verify install data on the Model 3's that have received it so far before pushing it out to more cars. I'm still stuck on 2018.21.9...

Reactions: Mazari4life
I received the notificiation yesterday. No issues pulling up the clock icon and installing right when I got home. Now have 26.1. Connected to my WiFi fine, summon is a gimmick but the neighbors were impressed. :D Lock notification is nice, even if it's a boring horn beep. This will be really handy for mislocks, as our toddler doesn't always close the door hard enough (no, we're not allowed to close it) and I have forgotten at least once to verify it's actually shut.

Also seems (based on one drive so far) that it fixed a very esoteric bug where:
1) Wife is driving (any profile but the 1st is active)
2) Exiting an Interstate onto a state highway that does not have it's speed limit (55mph) recognized by Tesla (AP limited to 45mph)
3) An area with no to poor cell reception
caused the TACC to "remember" the 70mph Interstate speed limit for the remainder of our drive.

Since I filed a bug report through the car 5 days ago, can I claim credit for this? :)

Reactions: emeraldap